Petrov's 7-Aura, Eldritch Battery, Elemental Hit, Wand Ranger (0.9.13)

"
"
SKYeXile wrote:
I think this build would work best starting off as a templar.

shows path and some possible nodes to pickup on the way. some damage is lost though, but not much that you couldn't pick back up, but i think for reaching eldritch battery and iron reflexes, templar would do it the fastest, while still having all the goodies from the templar starting area. I think the templar start would give the strongest start to character too before you need to travel around the skill tree for the critical nodes.

looks nice.. you rly think this could work like a the ranger build?
you ever testet it? can you run maps `?

umm, the test is live, no reason you couldn't use a bow with elemental hit though, as the templar, petrov mentions is a possible starting place for this build. you would have to start off probably with a wand though.

im not sure how it will go tbh, my mates think it maybe abit low on HP, but im not one for cookie cutter builds, i want to see how this will go. some people think the path down to iron reflexes might not see enough returns for the points spent to get there, but obviously the stacking of determination and grace is the point to go there, but yea that extra armour at the cost of a smaller HP pool may still mean bosses can fuck you.

this is another possible path to take though, it passes alot better nodes, however you wont see the returns on that likely until +85 points spent, im talking purely proximity to HP nodes here....getting to 85 could be the problem...

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113GtQTkIilPGmzsOIKbna5X4qcId-UyibiTj0YEswx90NDwH4FvEH-boc9lxYqiAJ48xp7311XGr2xN2KyYTP-MdhSwPC0A_cauF1C3Pv4KTC16uPJFgh6uk-dj2wtuqqZXPyc64SpNiPEVICzpks3dDcS44oD8xdX4rEdW-meg3UZ0QYd2Y6f8ThR1Sn0OrSmlGjinhJBVGYUkqjbp42pnve5vxPYn7fPd

So I heard they will break this build on alpha, I hear discipline got hit hard and it will not give much energy shield for us anymore.. plus all auras cost alot more mana.. dont know what to do, I really need to see the damn skill tree and know the exact values of the mana costs on alpha.

Kind of annoying because I was going to make this build in OB. Anyone have any insigh on this?
"
So I heard they will break this build on alpha, I hear discipline got hit hard and it will not give much energy shield for us anymore.. plus all auras cost alot more mana.. dont know what to do, I really need to see the damn skill tree and know the exact values of the mana costs on alpha.

Kind of annoying because I was going to make this build in OB. Anyone have any insigh on this?

i hadn't heard that about discipline, from what i understand is though they want to nerf using low level skills at a high level, so endgame there may not be that much of a change.
Last edited by SKYeXile on Jan 15, 2013, 8:56:02 PM
I can't find "Inner Focus" on the passive skill wiki

How much content is missing?

---

Edits: Never mind. . . It's in the skill tree I just spotted it

-
Last edited by MaximumSquid on Jan 16, 2013, 12:45:11 PM
That templar build looks pretty good, but to me it seems like he misses out on alot of the attack speed / projectile damage nodes along range/shadow area

and those items.. two weeks of beta play and you have items like that? how..

nice build petrov, could you possibly link or message me the elemental hit bow build?
"
Rnew1990 wrote:
That templar build looks pretty good, but to me it seems like he misses out on alot of the attack speed / projectile damage nodes along range/shadow area

and those items.. two weeks of beta play and you have items like that? how..

nice build petrov, could you possibly link or message me the elemental hit bow build?

yea, i was under the impression if you went elemental hit, projectile damge is worthless, but trying to find the exact mechanics on elemental hit though, but i thought it just assigned a random elemental damage, therefore a fast want would suffice and physical would be pointless, unless of course you're running power syphon.

with that templar build though, you could pickup 10% attack speed in 6 moves, or stactic blows in 6, 5 if you reassigned 2 nodes and took the higher path around to inner force.

Obviously the attack speed would always be a 10% increase to DPS if you had no attack speed, 11.5 i guess if you count the mental accurate you would need to pickup.

stack blows is abit harder to workout, but thinking about it in my head, even if you assigned 3 stacks to a mob on the first hit via elemental proliferation and chain, 20% of the time if its even possible to get 3 on 1 mob in 1 hit, some dummy maths, but hitting for 100 the first time then an avg of +24 the second time you could see an increase in DPS, might be good if you're in a group to get the shock charges up on bosses/tougher mobs, and obviously everybody would be getting benefit from it. single target though i dont think its gonna be better DPS solo, unless its an extended fight where you can get the charges up and then make work of the +120% dmg.
"
SKYeXile wrote:
yea, i was under the impression if you went elemental hit, projectile damge is worthless, but trying to find the exact mechanics on elemental hit though, but i thought it just assigned a random elemental damage, therefore a fast want would suffice and physical would be pointless, unless of course you're running power syphon.

Increased Projectile Damage applies to all damage types of a projectile, not just physical.
same name in-game
I want to bump this before OB and ask if someone has any suggestions towards this build when OB hits us.

1. Elemental Hit, still viable or time to swap to PS? (I use this build with ele hit single and ps aoe)

2. Aura mana cost increase and discipline nerf shouldnt affect too much but, any suggestions?

3. What do everyone think of this builds viability in OB?
Last edited by Hardstyle on Jan 22, 2013, 12:55:12 PM
"
Hardstyle wrote:
I want to bump this before OB and ask if someone has any suggestions towards this build when OB hits us.

1. Elemental Hit, still viable or time to swap to PS? (I use this build with ele hit single and ps aoe)

2. Aura mana cost increase and discipline nerf shouldnt affect too much but, any suggestions?

3. What do everyone think of this builds viability in OB?

Hey Hardstyle. I suspect you've had more time with this build now than I ever had!

I can't comment on 1 as I'm in Alpha.

On 2, with EB, mana is rarely an issue anyway given the ridiculous regen you get. I think I'd conclude on 3 that it's still viable certainly, but you know no doubt one of the biggest challenges of this build is getting a wand with the best mods - so perhaps a tough first OB character before you're rich and can buy/craft to your heart's content?

P.
Yeah I've played my wand ranger quite bit and enjoy it alot, thanks for the great build btw! I'm sure I will be fine on ob, studied the build more and really see it shine with the new passive tree and so on :) (New shield passives as an example)

Wand might be an issue but I'll get one eventually, thanks for your opinion!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info