Petrov's 7-Aura, Eldritch Battery, Elemental Hit, Wand Ranger (0.9.13)

I'm using somewhat similiar build to this, only some gear and skill changes and I just picked up an single hp regen node and I can do any chaos map.
"
I'm using somewhat similiar build to this, only some gear and skill changes and I just picked up an single hp regen node and I can do any chaos map.

Nice to see - I think people have overlooked how powerful this can be to some extent. Do you mind sharing your build/gear/skills?

Petrov.
Yeah I can ofc, I've played this character for around 2 weeks now and im closing in to lvl 80. My build now is exactly the same as yours but I took the skill point bandit rewards and took the 1% hp regen node and for now an extra power charge. With this I can run chaos maps and my hp regen is more than the actual chaos dmg.

Some simple stats.

3.3k Life
2.7k Mana
7.5k Armor (Need to get 5-6L Eva Chest to get this higher and swap my helm with an higher ES one to counter the mana loss)
145 Mana Regen
Capped resists @ 78 (Need to level Purity to 20)
Tooltip dps of Elemental hit is 4250 (Ele Hit, Faster Attacks, Faster Projektiles and Weapon Ele)
Tooltip dps of Power Siphon 2050~ (PS, Chain, LMP, Weapon Ele)

Here's my gear, I've only played the beta for 2-3 weeks now so im not really that rich, plus its really hard to find upgrades.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Last edited by Hardstyle on Jan 13, 2013, 4:54:46 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
hey jamppa, i havnt really tried to progress a toon to the final difficulty in beta, are you playing hardcore? and are those stats viable for it and maps?

i do like this idea of this build though, iv been looking to go a shadow and set it up so it has the option to use multiple skills given possible incoming buffs/nerfs(i was already following a similar path just without iron reflexes and eldritch sheild). this might be the best option for a build like that.
No, im playing on softcore. My character is almost lvl 80 and has 15 deaths, which in my opinion is pretty good, most of them are from low lvl or just being careless in high level maps.

I wouldn't exactly say its an hardcore build as its gear requirements are pretty high to be effective, with right gear it is very tanky and does alot of damage.

With my gear I can clear and 64-65 map really quick, usually takes 2-3 casts of Power Siphon to clear an pack of normal mobs and 4-5 with diamond flask to clear an elite group. Bosses are really easy too because the character is very mobile and has fast attacks / big range.

I'd say my stats are above the average and I have zero problems in maps, expect no regen and elemental reflect.
I'm fairly new to the game and I've been trying out this build recently and enjoying it, although I'm using a bow with LA at the moment as I don't have access to Elemental Hit yet.

My only question is about skill gem lvls, I am currently lvl 41 and all of my skill gems and auras are at lvl 1 bar one of my auras that I pulled off another char. Is there an ideal lvl for these or do I just max them all out and hope for the best? I was holding off lvling them as I wanted to avoid finding out later on that I don't have the mana pool to support them.

Thanks.
◕ ‿ ◕
With this build I use elemental hit and power siphon, I leveled elemental hit and all auras pretty much right away as you wont have any mana problems late game.

In early or mid lvl 40's u might want to not level them as fast but when you get eldritch battery just lvl them up np.
I think this build would work best starting off as a templar.

shows path and some possible nodes to pickup on the way. some damage is lost though, but not much that you couldn't pick back up, but i think for reaching eldritch battery and iron reflexes, templar would do it the fastest, while still having all the goodies from the templar starting area. I think the templar start would give the strongest start to character too before you need to travel around the skill tree for the critical nodes.
"
SKYeXile wrote:
I think this build would work best starting off as a templar.

shows path and some possible nodes to pickup on the way. some damage is lost though, but not much that you couldn't pick back up, but i think for reaching eldritch battery and iron reflexes, templar would do it the fastest, while still having all the goodies from the templar starting area. I think the templar start would give the strongest start to character too before you need to travel around the skill tree for the critical nodes.

looks nice.. you rly think this could work like a the ranger build?
you ever testet it? can you run maps `?
Bayern des samma mia
Hey Petrov; I have a few specific questions regarding the build.
1. What % damage reduction does Determination give you when activated with and without grace? It seems to me you'd get >50% physical reduction without both of the auras, at which point any extra armor begins to get a bit inefficient.
2. There are three 6% all resist nodes along the path that would give you access to six 15% individual resist nodes, and I was wondering what your resistances would be at without purity, but with four more points spent on resistances, or +32% all resistances (if one took the resistances from the bandit quest). I was also wondering how many points it would take to cap your resistances without purity considering your fairly good gear.
3. If you can avoid using both Determination and Purity (which eat 70% of your mana pool) without really losing much, then what would you change, considering what this build ends up being with over 3k mana not really giving you anything considerable?
4. How does this build perform with only the gear attained through a single play-through to lvl 75 (assuming the gear you have is a bit better than what one would have at such a point)?

I really only play rangers, and haven't built a wand ranger yet, so I'm really curious about this build. ^^
If you do manage to get those 70 regret orbs, could I ask you to do a few maps with me so I can see it's play-style and effectiveness at current endgame?
Thanks for posting the build, and I hope you get to try it out before OB! <3
In-Game-Name: Lezli

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info