Realyn's release EK Marauder build. Tanky as Hell! Level 20 gem/gear update!

"
Flaba wrote:
Thats because at level 1 it can't support gems that that far beyond level 1 I think. So if your enduring cry is level 5 or something for instance, it can't cast it due to requirements.

It was recommended to me to level cast on damage, molten shell, enduring cry, and decoy totem at level 10. The result was that yes the spells cast automatically quite frequently (a few times every minute), and it was every time I took 1k damage or so.

So it helped when I needed it, basically when I was being damaged. However this was part of the build when Cast On Damage wasn't nerfed. I believe it was able to keep casting very quickly at a level 1 so the amount of damage you needed for it to "cast" was very low. Making it a very good gem. Basically an automatic Blood Magic casting gem (with the bonus of you being able to cast other things manually at the same time when you otherwise couldn't).

Now I believe it isn't quite that effective. Allow me to explain why.
I'm level 86 at this point and the low level 10 gems that Cast on Damage didn't do that much. For example, the decoy totem instantly died as soon as it was cast. So personally I replaced cast on damage with a Blood Magic gem so that I could level all my gems.

A high level quality decoy totem is something that will save your ass numerous times. The thing is a godsend. And now I don't have to wait for it to be cast(as cast on dmg casts each supported spell on a cycle (1000 damage...cast molten shell...1k dmg...cast enduring cry...1k dmg...decoy totem...etc).

Now I can preemptively strike and put the totem there before hand. I find it prevents the most damage out of all my defensive gems (Molten Shell, enduring cry, or even warlords mark).

While I'm sure cast on damage is nice for people who don't want to manutally cast all these spells and don't want to divide their attention...I feel cast on damage is probably the most optional part of the build. Pre nerf it probably was strongly recommended, after nerf I feel its just a suggestion.

Basically, I think you can do whatever helps your build at the moment. Like I said I just put blood magic there.

You're absolutely wrong. Cast when Damage Taken can support skills with the same or below REQUIRED LEVEL. For example:

As you can see, Cast when Damage Taken is level 1, but Molten Shell is level 7, Enduring Cry is level 5 and Enfeeble is level 5 (look at their REQUIRED LEVEL). And all of them trigger when I receive damage.

I personally find that CwDT is an awesome gem, and I feel super tanky with that gems combination. And I prefer Enfeeble rather than Decoy Totem. Thanks to Enfeeble I was able to face-tank Kole at level 76 so easy.

Last edited by Battoh on Jan 4, 2014, 6:26:47 AM
Ah well then I meant EC 6 not 5.
hey i was just wondering idk if it was already posted in this thread but what are the pros and cons of using a wand and shield or a staff?
Last edited by XP4Dayz on Jan 5, 2014, 5:41:20 PM
Pretty sure it wasn't discussed actually. But it'll be harder and much more expensive to run. You'll have to get a 6L staff to get the same amount of gem space that your wand and shield can get (2 3 links). It may be harder to get your resists or certain affixes that help the build out. So I mean I guess if you find a decent staff when you're leveling you can use it, but a proper end game staff might be hard to find.
Ooooh guys just noticed there is another endurance charge next to Golem's Blood. It would take 3 points to get it, but its definitely worthy of note seeing how EC adds so much tank and elemental resist per charge

edit: never mind seems it caps at 90% and I can reach that with 6 already.
Last edited by Flaba on Jan 8, 2014, 2:43:42 AM
What do you think about Iron Will type of EK build?

Tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtFE0VIBZvFy8ZLhmFGjgbyB0UJIskqiftKS4qTSzpMZ41kjbpOtg64TwtPQ89_D8nQYdDMUp9SshN2E3jTipQUFRJVcZV1lhjWlJbr14TXz9gS2TnZp5nm2egapNsFm6qdO1673y4fLuApIPbhO-HdojxjM-PRpBVm12iAKZXp4SomqxZrK-18rZBtz653cAPwBrDhsT2xYrGrsbYznHPZdDQ1I_V7d0N42rnUudj55HsOO8O8B_yL_JF8pf2SPno-tL8S_zF_gr-j4x2

Gear:

Spoiler

Flask:

Spoiler
Last edited by kosi69 on Feb 19, 2014, 4:58:11 AM
guys i was wondering if it's ok starting build for HC? magic physical damage + freezing with hatred should be ok i think

also the iron will question is really important too or at least how much iron will build will boost high level character damage?
Any update for 1.1.0? Seems like tankiness is the way to go in the new leagues. Also, how has the life leech change affected this build?
What do you think about that version?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsxRNFSAWbxcvGYUZtBoyGjgaPh0UJKonLyjFKS4ppSpNLOkxnjWSNuk6szrYOuE8LT38PydBh0p9SshMNUz_TdhOKlFgVElVxlXWWGNaUl8_ZOdmnmebZ6Bqk2wWbqpwfXfjfLh8u4Ckg9uHdojxjHaMz49GkFWbXaC0ogCmV6eEqJqpla4-r2y18rZBtz68n8APwBrFisauxtjK085xz2XQ0NXt3Q3jauOf5FHsOO8O8B_xrPIv8kXyl_MG8772SPno-tL7qvxL_MX-Cg==
"
hatoblue wrote:
Any update for 1.1.0? Seems like tankiness is the way to go in the new leagues. Also, how has the life leech change affected this build?

It was never a tanky build. The life leech change doesnt do anything really, as long as you hit the per second cap you are ok.

If you want a variation of EK marauder for the new HC league, use this without saffell, but use armor shield (even rare) / SOL if you want some spell block. You dont have to take VP.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwEswthFCAUTRUgGJEZLhmFGjIaOBo-Gmwb-h0UJIskqiXfJy8n7SjFKS4qOCpNLOkxnjWSNuk62DrhPQ89_D8nROdKfUrITDVN41BHUWBUSVW1Vw1YY1pSXhNfP2BLYSFmnmegajtsFm6qcH1yu3TteA15aHrvfLh8u4PbhO-HdojxjM-QVZtdns2gtKFtogCkGaSsplenMKeEqBiomqluqZWsr7Xyuc28n76KwBrBBMOGxPbFisbYznHSIdlh3Q3i6uNq45_nkew47w7wH_Gs8i_yRfKX8wbzvvPd9kj60vuq_Ev8xf4K_o8=

@kosi69: come on man, cant you see you are bumping a dead thread? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info