Realyn's release EK Marauder build. Tanky as Hell! Level 20 gem/gear update!

"
mvm199 wrote:
Cant this thread die already? The build with safeel as main shield and no block investment is absolute fail, the tankiness is non existent, EK dps is mediocre. This build aint suitable for a hc build. I feel this thread was more of a non stop CWDT FAQ for noobs that cant think for themselves, and need to be spoonfed everything. Tanky as hell and died to a non -max res piety, lol

You do realize he died because he was doing an INSANE map and he was using a silverbranch with posion arrow lmao? He wasn't using EK. He wasn't using any shield at all. Get your facts straight before you try and bash someones build lmfao
IGN: Brain
"
bubblehulk wrote:
I really like your scion build, and if I was starting at level 1 I would definitely use it

Thanks

"
bubblehulk wrote:
I want soemthing to keep mobs off me...

I use level 1 cast when damage taken+frost wall+enduring cry. The level 5 gem frost wall very very briefly puts a wall between myself and a mob that hits me, but the point is it moves the mob back behind that wall, further than a knockback would. (don't do this in groups, only solo.) Also, cast when stunned + summon skeletons (high lvl) + minion life (high lvl) seems to help.

I started having some doubts about whether it's a good idea to use blood magic with EK, because it means you use life leech just to counterbalance the hp drain from spamming EK instead of actually having proper life leech as an extra which seems rather important. I also did not have the multiple required blood magic gems required and didn't like having to give up the sockets for them.

Blood magic was hurting my hp a lot at level ~45 so when I had 10 passive refund points, I decided to make it into a mana based build. However I didn't like the idea of getting enough mana to spam a high level 6L EK, as I would've given up too many life nodes in the process. Because of that, I decided to grab ancestral bond and make it into a dual EK totem build.

Dual EK totem passives tree:

Edit: It didn't work out, the damage sucked and the totems were too vulnerable to being instapopped before doing damage. See next post.
Last edited by Roenie on Dec 9, 2013, 8:06:06 AM
Slowed down even more now with the dual EK totems, dps is not cutting it right now with the 4L. I managed to clear the imperial gardens and library on merciless, but it was rather slow going, highly hazardous and a bit stressful. Level 16 EK. Its damage ramps up after level 16 though.
Last edited by Roenie on Dec 9, 2013, 8:08:00 AM
I specced out of ancestral bond and *hello dps* I'm doing great again. The damage penalty on totems isn't worth it, late game.

New build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcVIBZvFy8ZhRmKGo8dFB6UIcMkqij6KaUqTSzpLagxnjWSNuk64T8nQYdFnUZxSn1KyE3jTipVxlXWVi1X4VuvZOdnoGwWbqpvnnqqgKSCx4MJg9uHdojxj0aQ1pMnmuCbtaZXpwisP6xZrH-xkLQMtfK3PrfWuJPDOspKznHPZdDQ21ncV90N42rnY-vu8kX22vll-ej60vsJ_Ev8xf4K_o-FbSMYjRxcDNQVtkFqk9XtwA-Kr5ARguS-vA==

Very similar to:
http://pathofpoe.com/builds/view/ethereal-knives-tank/

Being able to take full advantage of life leech is great.

So is running haste and hatred. Keeping a high level molten shell up constantly+increased duration, and cwdt+enduring cry, I don't really need grace.
Last edited by Roenie on Dec 9, 2013, 1:48:30 PM
"
Brian2one0 wrote:
"
mvm199 wrote:
Cant this thread die already? The build with safeel as main shield and no block investment is absolute fail, the tankiness is non existent, EK dps is mediocre. This build aint suitable for a hc build. I feel this thread was more of a non stop CWDT FAQ for noobs that cant think for themselves, and need to be spoonfed everything. Tanky as hell and died to a non -max res piety, lol

You do realize he died because he was doing an INSANE map and he was using a silverbranch with posion arrow lmao? He wasn't using EK. He wasn't using any shield at all. Get your facts straight before you try and bash someones build lmfao

he has a very bad build, he builds around saffell as main and then doesnt use it when its necessary to /facepalm

anyone who follows this build should do it in sc / domination imho

"
Brian2one0 wrote:
"
mvm199 wrote:

INSANE? lmao

whats insane about gmp piety? NOTHING! Because the balls are so damn big they do not shotgun, only one can hit the player at any time, even if a melee is at close range, which realyn isnt anyway.

The only dmg mod was a small % of extra dmg, big fucking deal

This guy makes -res extra dmg vuln extra ele dmg maps non stop, full on face tank, stuff this POS build and player couldnt do with a mln worth of exalt gear, on a mediocre map he likes to call 'insane'

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSf3V-mhbLHV7RfnR2gNwWA?feature=playlist

Hey five year olds. Are you guys done comparing e-peen sizes?

When people come here because they want the information provided in this thread and incorporate the parts they choose into their builds, they have to wade through all that bickering. Be thoughtful and bicker some place else (PM, ingame, email..). Or, be mature, and don't do it at all. I stopped caring about who was better at anything including games, in my early teenage years. Life is not a pissing contest. That's a waste of your time.

I'm grateful for the information provided by the OP and I'll take from it what I like and ignore the things I don't. I couldn't care less if his character died or not and how.
Last edited by Roenie on Dec 9, 2013, 9:41:14 AM
Most funny thing about that guy, he said this one month ago when he allready shit talked in this thread:

"
I dont need your exalts, I will link you the video when its done. All I want you to do is eat your words. You called me bad, said I suck, etc ... so now it will be ironic to humble you :)

Yeah ... we are still waiting.
Been following this guide to 100%. Currently sitting on a pretty unkillable level 68 Marauder thanks for helping me pick a build I really enjoy playing!
"
Realyn wrote:
Most funny thing about that guy, he said this one month ago when he allready shit talked in this thread:

"
I dont need your exalts, I will link you the video when its done. All I want you to do is eat your words. You called me bad, said I suck, etc ... so now it will be ironic to humble you :)

Yeah ... we are still waiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej2JxDFth1w

blind / braindead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info