Realyn's release EK Marauder build. Tanky as Hell! Level 20 gem/gear update!

ez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfVtwPV4jEw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUDW2pFWleOMGgVco_UuRLCw
Hey,

Wondering if you could give me some pointers, I'm currently trying to run this build and having some problems adjusting...

My talent tree isnt too far off...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7cT2PQ8ki3y7xYrwH6IAFE0EszrY7DgaOKeEkFXEFX312WFXDdIhns2nMBRxDjw6UjJ-

Only difference is I went ahead and grabbed the Iron Grip node for the projectile bonus. I'm level 35, using

4L - EK, BM, Added Fire, Life Leech
2L - Bear trap, Added Fire, Fire Trap (plan to link with Multiple Traps later)
Weapon Swap - Viper Strike, Added Lightning

And running Anger Aura.

Would appreciate any tips/info

My EK is lvl 8 and the dmg is pretty bad. I'm only at about 145 dps. And about 200+ for viper strike. Not really sure how to get it higher...

Those are my dagger/shield I'm using with +Spell dmg and spell crit. I don't have any faster casting ones right now.
I'm pretty sure Iron Grip doesn't work with EK. It's for attacks while EK is a spell.
What do you do with Cast when Damage Taken gem since level 1 does not support any high lvl gems?

Triggering it is getting hard when I need to take so much damage.
"
Estryark wrote:
What do you do with Cast when Damage Taken gem since level 1 does not support any high lvl gems?

Triggering it is getting hard when I need to take so much damage.

level 1 is the easiest to trigger ...

I'll explain my issue there

With what happened with codt, we are either stuck leveling it so it can work with a high level endurance call/molten shield, or we keep it level 1 with lesser level skills.

What is better I don't know.

I don't think it's a good idea to have a lower level molten shield just so it can work with a lvl 1 codt.
Last edited by Estryark on Dec 31, 2013, 3:36:20 AM
Thats because at level 1 it can't support gems that that far beyond level 1 I think. So if your enduring cry is level 5 or something for instance, it can't cast it due to requirements.

It was recommended to me to level cast on damage, molten shell, enduring cry, and decoy totem at level 10. The result was that yes the spells cast automatically quite frequently (a few times every minute), and it was every time I took 1k damage or so.

So it helped when I needed it, basically when I was being damaged. However this was part of the build when Cast On Damage wasn't nerfed. I believe it was able to keep casting very quickly at a level 1 so the amount of damage you needed for it to "cast" was very low. Making it a very good gem. Basically an automatic Blood Magic casting gem (with the bonus of you being able to cast other things manually at the same time when you otherwise couldn't).

Now I believe it isn't quite that effective. Allow me to explain why.
I'm level 86 at this point and the low level 10 gems that Cast on Damage didn't do that much. For example, the decoy totem instantly died as soon as it was cast. So personally I replaced cast on damage with a Blood Magic gem so that I could level all my gems.

A high level quality decoy totem is something that will save your ass numerous times. The thing is a godsend. And now I don't have to wait for it to be cast(as cast on dmg casts each supported spell on a cycle (1000 damage...cast molten shell...1k dmg...cast enduring cry...1k dmg...decoy totem...etc).

Now I can preemptively strike and put the totem there before hand. I find it prevents the most damage out of all my defensive gems (Molten Shell, enduring cry, or even warlords mark).

While I'm sure cast on damage is nice for people who don't want to manutally cast all these spells and don't want to divide their attention...I feel cast on damage is probably the most optional part of the build. Pre nerf it probably was strongly recommended, after nerf I feel its just a suggestion.

Basically, I think you can do whatever helps your build at the moment. Like I said I just put blood magic there.
Last edited by Flaba on Dec 31, 2013, 3:34:51 AM
Thanks for the long explanation on my 'dumb' question.

It makes perfect sense because I couldn't see what was so beneficial to have your armor and your decoy up only after engaging the mobs. However I am starting to think that cast on damage taken would be great with enduring cry and immortal call (all high level) and maybe with the totem too.

It makes like a sort of safety net when things are getting ugly so you have time to run away while mob is at your totem...however having those triggering when one mob is left is a waste.
Last edited by Estryark on Dec 31, 2013, 3:46:30 AM
"
Estryark wrote:
Thanks for the long explanation on my 'dumb' question.

It makes perfect sense because I couldn't see what was so beneficial to have your armor and your decoy up only after engaging the mobs. However I am starting to think that cast on damage taken would be great with enduring cry and immortal call (all high level) and maybe with the totem too.

It makes like a sort of safety net when things are getting ugly so you have time to run away while mob is at your totem...however having those triggering when one mob is left is a waste.

you were right, a low level molten shell is very 'weak'. Some people like it though, I do not. The armor and damage is very low, and hence not worth it. The problem is this community has a lot of 'sheep people' that saw someone 'famous' use cwdt first with a certain setup and everyone copied his setup. Generally this is cwdt - ec - immortal call - shell / decoy totem

For example, lots of ppl use same level cwdt, EC and IC. Bad idea! You instantly lose EC charges and your IC is really short duration, so very useless vs reflect and big boss fights. You want 2 different cwdt gems if you want to cast a good IC to save you in hairy situations, and have IC linked with duration support too ideally.

There are so many things that can be used with CWDT

Enfeeble, chains, warlords mark
frost wall, cold snap
firestorm, EK
bear traps
decoy / devouring / regen totem
summon skeletons
molten shell
enduring cry
immortal call (+ duration)

and more i cant think of right now
Last edited by theamazingjojo on Dec 31, 2013, 5:19:21 AM
About to hit 80 and trying to figure out where to put the rest of my skill points. Anyone around 80 that has any plans or could post what they are using the remaining points towards? Thanks.
Last edited by busybx on Jan 2, 2014, 12:58:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info