[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

"
NeOZealouS wrote:
Thank you! Corrected that :P

Is 2 additional traps worth it? Are we actually utilizing that many more traps or do we want the traps to be going off? =/

I only get through throwing 2 different types of traps before 1 of them is triggered. I could see one benefit of stacking a bunch of bear traps and EK traps in one spot to make a huge burst damage to a single target which would have to be done by leading the target to the stacked traps.

Guess its more of a play style thing. Still curious which one is worth it more. One big plus about going the sapper route is getting dex which your build needs to level gems and not required to have as much plus dex gear.

IMO, since Master Sapper is quite far off from all the other trap clusters you should only really get it if your build is already close to it, like Pohx's since he had to get a lot of life nodes and keystones quite close by. The damage boost is great but you can get much more from Witch/Shadow spell damage/elemental damage nodes, if you are close to them that is.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Nov 4, 2013, 3:16:17 PM
Nice guide !
Last edited by Myztik77 on Nov 4, 2013, 3:33:32 PM

It took me a while to try to figure out a way to grab those trapper nodes xD
Last edited by Pohx on Nov 4, 2013, 4:11:21 PM
bump
IGN : MAKINBABIESCRY
Okay, so i'm leveling a similar build on softcore.
I don't like the Cold Snap/Frost Nova idea that much and i'm using mainly Lightning Trap and Fire Trap.

I have Fire Trap linked with Increased Burning Damage and Multiple Traps in a +2 Level Fire Gem Dagger. I use my shield for Bear Trap with Added Fire and Added Cold and i really like the trapper unique boots which i use for EK atm (pretty low lvl so we will see how it turns out).

So the question is: What do i use my 5L/6L for?

Currently i have a 5L with Lightning Trap, Multi Trap, Fork, LMP and Added Fire. Maybe i will switch Added Fire for Elemental Prolif or Iron Will.

But is a 5/6L EK good enough to get rid of the boots? Or since Fire Trap is my main Dmg Skill, do i 5/6L it and switch my +Gem lvl dagger for a Ele Dmg Mace?
Or do i fuck all of that, use my Fire Trap/Lightning Trap and 5/6L some shit with cast on dmg taken/kill?

My Skill Tree so far (don't mind the 30 Dex/Int nodes. I will get rid of them eventually)
Last edited by Hassgranate on Nov 5, 2013, 6:20:42 AM
"
Hassgranate wrote:
Okay, so i'm leveling a similar build on softcore.
I don't like the Cold Snap/Frost Nova idea that much and i'm using mainly Lightning Trap and Fire Trap.

I have Fire Trap linked with Increased Burning Damage and Multiple Traps in a +2 Level Fire Gem Dagger. I use my shield for Bear Trap with Added Fire and Added Cold and i really like the trapper unique boots which i use for EK atm (pretty low lvl so we will see how it turns out).

So the question is: What do i use my 5L/6L for?

Currently i have a 5L with Lightning Trap, Multi Trap, Fork, LMP and Added Fire. Maybe i will switch Added Fire for Elemental Prolif or Iron Will.

But is a 5/6L EK good enough to get rid of the boots? Or since Fire Trap is my main Dmg Skill, do i 5/6L it and switch my +Gem lvl dagger for a Ele Dmg Mace?
Or do i fuck all of that, use my Fire Trap/Lightning Trap and 5/6L some shit with cast on dmg taken/kill?

My Skill Tree so far (don't mind the 30 Dex/Int nodes. I will get rid of them eventually)

I would probably dual link something in your 5-6 link for Cast on damage taken, it's an extremely useful gem
I also think its important to get the additional traps. Many of the nodes have increased throwing speed, and its possible to have 1 set of 3x traps on the ground, and 2 sets of traps in the air, in which case some of your traps will be wasted by the maximum limit. With 9 maximum traps, you can just spam them like crazy.

How are you guys getting shock stacks without static blows? Lightning trap only has 4% crit chance. I'm debating whether to get static blows right now, or just get 6-7 crit nodes. Just seems really far away, but it has Thick Flesh, Life and mana, and inner force nodes along the way if you go through the left.

Also, for the people using elemental equilibrium, I think its better if you only use multiple traps for your setup skill (lightning trap), and your finisher be 1 aoe trap, with increased aoe (2/3 of the traps will do less damage if you use multiple traps)
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
"
Horvath wrote:
I also think its important to get the additional traps. Many of the nodes have increased throwing speed, and its possible to have 1 set of 3x traps on the ground, and 2 sets of traps in the air, in which case some of your traps will be wasted by the maximum limit. With 9 maximum traps, you can just spam them like crazy.

How are you guys getting shock stacks without static blows? Lightning trap only has 4% crit chance. I'm debating whether to get static blows right now, or just get 6-7 crit nodes. Just seems really far away, but it has Thick Flesh, Life and mana, and inner force nodes along the way if you go through the left.

Also, for the people using elemental equilibrium, I think its better if you only use multiple traps for your setup skill (lightning trap), and your finisher be 1 aoe trap, with increased aoe (2/3 of the traps will do less damage if you use multiple traps)

I don't know if the additional traps are really that mandatory.
I usually throw my LT and FT, run a short distance and throw another round from a different angle. With the cooldown on FT and the Trap supported Traps, you can't really spam it anyway. Normal monsters die with one LT/FT and champions take 2-3 without even using any curses. I didn't try act3 merc yet but so far this build has the most solid dps from all the builds i've played.

IMHO static blows is not worth the detour. Shock stacking is okay if it happens but it's really not necessary for the build. If you play a witch trapper i would definetly get it but for scion i think there are more viable alternatives (Unwavering, Golems Blood nodes, Diamond Flesh..).

For the 1 trap FT i wouldn't recommend it. The AoE of FT is way too small to work properly without multi trap. Also the dmg decrease of multi trap is only around 10% on lvl 20.
Last edited by Hassgranate on Nov 5, 2013, 7:32:31 AM
"
Hassgranate wrote:
"
Horvath wrote:

I don't know if the additional traps are really that mandatory.
I usually throw my LT and FT, run a short distance and throw another round from a different angle. With the cooldown on FT and the Trap supported Traps, you can't really spam it anyway. Normal monsters die with one LT/FT and champions take 2-3 without even using any curses. I didn't try act3 merc yet but so far this build has the most solid dps from all the builds i've played.

IMHO static blows is not worth the detour. Shock stacking is okay if it happens but it's really not necessary for the build. If you play a witch trapper i would definetly get it but for scion i think there are more viable alternatives (Unwavering, Golems Blood nodes, Diamond Flesh..).

For the 1 trap FT i wouldn't recommend it. The AoE of FT is way too small to work properly without multi trap. Also the dmg decrease of multi trap is only around 10% on lvl 20.

It's annoying for me to have to throw 2 sets of traps, wait and then throw 1 or 2 more to finish off the left overs. The gameplay will be much smoother being able to unload everything in a row. Plus you can lay 9 traps for a rare to walk over.

The multitrap damage reduction is multiplicative, while its level bonus is additive. But that isn't even what I was talking about. I was thinking Multi hit skills don't work that well with elemental equilbrium. 1 of your firetraps will hit the mob (with -50% fire resist), and increase its fire resist by 25%, then your other firetraps will hit the mob. But maybe it isn't that bad.

Lets assume your target has 50% fire resist. you throw 3 firetraps that do 60% damage each, for 1.8x damage of firetrap, which is reduced by 50% for 0.9 total damage of firetrap.Now instead with elemental equilibrium, you will do 0.6 + 0.6(0.25) + 0.6(0.25) = 0.9x damage, because the last 2 traps are reduced by 75% fire resist. Surprisingly this turns out to be the same damage as if you didn't have elemental equilibrium.

So this makes EE give you the same dps single target wise, but better aoe, at least in the case of using aoe spell multi traps.

I think the main difficulty of this build is single target, though. What do you do if 3/4 bear traps is not enough to take out the rare, and it has life regen + allies have energy shield or some other horrible tanky combo. There's no way to do continuous dps with traps against regen mobs. Is flame totem any good?
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Last edited by Horvath on Nov 5, 2013, 8:14:30 AM
Wow, the quote would be way too long.
I see where you are coming from with the EE problem.
But it still doesn't change the fact, that the FT AoE is pretty small and that you would need to use all your FT cooldowns for one group of mobs.

I don't like EE that much because it's too complicated to use and can cause problems in groups. But if you really want to go EE, i think the best way of doing it is the way Pohx does it because Frost Nova and Cold Snap have a pretty good AoE coverage. LT has a tendency to miss mobs that are further away from the trigger. You could use the setup i'm using with LMP and Fork but that's quite a lot of sockets wasted just for the EE setup.

Single target is fairly weak but the first 3/4 bear traps do considerable dmg and you can always use your FT and LT/EK to help out.
The build has quite a bit of Strength so maybe Heavy Strike could be used if you really have to get rid of something fast. If you want to use a ele mace that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info