[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

"
Pohx wrote:
Non crit trapper skill trees updated

Thanks for taking the time to do this :) - I see that you have taken an alternative route through Meantal Agility/Spell Power/Saboteur on the updated Non-Crit, is this your perferred method now that should also be applied to Crit Build?

Obviously this is a silly question, but the lose of +24% Trap Damage (from Master Sapper) is preferred to pick-up the DoT Nodes and the shift into Blaze etc?

Cheers,
Swift
"
"
Pohx wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to do this :) - I see that you have taken an alternative route through Meantal Agility/Spell Power/Saboteur on the updated Non-Crit, is this your perferred method now that should also be applied to Crit Build?

Obviously this is a silly question, but the lose of +24% Trap Damage (from Master Sapper) is preferred to pick-up the DoT Nodes and the shift into Blaze etc?

Cheers,
Swift

the problem is you're spending 3 dex nodes to go down south where as you spend 2-3 int nodes to grab the ones up north depending on the build, the main reason for it is most players start as a non crit trapper then transition into a crit trapper, this will allow you to save many points on the build.

Both routes would be perfectly fine, OVERALL you might actually gain more by going for master sapper instead of the shadow tree but it would cost you more in the end for a respec, both builds would work just fine
"
Pohx wrote:
"
"
Pohx wrote:

Cheers,
Swift

the problem is you're spending 3 dex nodes to go down south where as you spend 2-3 int nodes to grab the ones up north depending on the build, the main reason for it is most players start as a non crit trapper then transition into a crit trapper, this will allow you to save many points on the build.

Both routes would be perfectly fine, OVERALL you might actually gain more by going for master sapper instead of the shadow tree but it would cost you more in the end for a respec, both builds would work just fine

Think I confused myself with your reply haha - I was talking about this section:

Crit -

Non-Crit -

They differ slightly - not seeing the before mentioned 'Dex Nodes' which has me confused. How I see it is both ways are viable, just depends if you need the additional 10 Str or 10 Int and which nodes you want to reach first (aka Saboteur vs Mental Agility) is that correct?

With regards to Master Sapper - understand completely, I am in the same boat as Non-Crit until I can afford the gear to transition into Crot. So your saying that Master Sapper (over heading through Mental Agility/Spellpower/Saboteur + DoT Nodes) would indeed work out as more 'damage'?

Cheers,
Swift
Last edited by Deathlythoughts on Jan 5, 2014, 3:12:11 AM
The str/int vs Dex/int just depends on if you're going to transition on int up north or if you want to grab the HP nodes on the way, other then that it's a simple 10 str/int vs 10 dex/int

as a Non Crit trapper, I woulld like to believe Master Sapper > Shadow Crit Section with Blaze into mental acuity
Been doing alot of party play and still trying to figure out the most effective way to shock stack. Glad to see my storm call suggestion got you thinking about more efficient ways, which led to the shock nova quality route.

I've actually dropped my Maligaro's gloves, effectively losing 50 crit chance and 50 crit multi, for the Deerstalker boots. I basically had a really nice pair of yellow boots (Life, Tri Res, 30% MS) which I have replaced with the Deerstalkers. The loss in life and res on boots I have regained with a nice pair of yellow gloves, even gained some max mana. In addition, the 45 life on deerstalkers is all gain as Maligaro's had nothing. In the end, I lost the aforementioned crit/crit multi but gained some life, max mana, and a 5L.

Now, I've decided to go with 20% shock nova, ele prolif, multitrap, AND a 20% added lightning. For group play, this route has definitely proved to be far superior. Yes, I lost some personal damage but I now have a 40% chance to shock and my group is eternally grateful.

However, I've been playing with another idea and would like your thoughts. Completely ignoring my personal damage as far as my "shock-stacker" ability pertains, I'm thinking about trying another combo in my Deerstalkers. Now I know that Shock Nova hits multiple mobs simultaneously when thrown into a large group but how would Arc fair?

20% quality Arc which chains 2 additional times (20% chance to shock)
20% quality Added Lightning (10% chance to shock)
Ele Prolif
Multitrap

Would Ele Prolif work as quickly as I hope in this setup?
I throw out 3 traps, a mob triggers one and gets shock stacked, ele prolif spreads the
ONE shock stack within that fraction of a second BEFORE the Arc chains.....
Arc chains and hits second mob, shock stack TWO, prolif, and each mob has 2 stacks
before the third and final chain.....
You see where I'm going.

If this would work as above, could we go a step further and potentially increase our chances to shock even more? Try dropping Multitrap for Chain

For testing purposes, we throw just 1 Arc trap that has a 30% chance to shock not
counting crit chance. In addition, it now chains 4 additional times. Could we,
potentially, throw one trap into a group of mobs and almost instantly have a 3 shock
stack?
OR would those 2 additional traps thrown with a multitrap be more beneficial than 2 additional chains?

A question to be answered, will ele prolif only spread on that initial trigger or will it continue to prolif with each additional chain?

Anyway, sorry for the novel but I hope you get the picture. I've spent alot of currency lately and getting a 20% Arc will take a little time unless I get extremely lucky. If you have the currency and think it's worth a test, I'd love to see the results.

Last edited by Fondeesha on Jan 6, 2014, 12:32:20 AM
"
Fondeesha wrote:
Been doing alot of party play and still trying to figure out the most effective way to shock stack. Glad to see my storm call suggestion got you thinking about more efficient ways, which led to the shock nova quality route.

I've actually dropped my Maligaro's gloves, effectively losing 50 crit chance and 50 crit multi, for the Deerstalker boots. I basically had a really nice pair of yellow boots (Life, Tri Res, 30% MS) which I have replaced with the Deerstalkers. The loss in life and res on boots I have regained with a nice pair of yellow gloves, even gained some max mana. In addition, the 45 life on deerstalkers is all gain as Maligaro's had nothing. In the end, I lost the aforementioned crit/crit multi but gained some life, max mana, and a 5L.

Now, I've decided to go with 20% shock nova, ele prolif, multitrap, AND a 20% added lightning. For group play, this route has definitely proved to be far superior. Yes, I lost some personal damage but I now have a 40% chance to shock and my group is eternally grateful.

However, I've been playing with another idea and would like your thoughts. Completely ignoring my personal damage as far as my "shock-stacker" ability pertains, I'm thinking about trying another combo in my Deerstalkers. Now I know that Shock Nova hits multiple mobs simultaneously when thrown into a large group but how would Arc fair?

20% quality Arc which chains 2 additional times (20% chance to shock)
20% quality Added Lightning (10% chance to shock)
Ele Prolif
Multitrap

Would Ele Prolif work as quickly as I hope in this setup?
I throw out 3 traps, a mob triggers one and gets shock stacked, ele prolif spreads the
ONE shock stack within that fraction of a second BEFORE the Arc chains.....
Arc chains and hits second mob, shock stack TWO, prolif, and each mob has 2 stacks
before the third and final chain.....
You see where I'm going.

If this would work as above, could we go a step further and potentially increase our chances to shock even more? Try dropping Multitrap for Chain

For testing purposes, we throw just 1 Arc trap that has a 30% chance to shock not
counting crit chance. In addition, it now chains 4 additional times. Could we,
potentially, throw one trap into a group of mobs and almost instantly have a 3 shock
stack?
OR would those 2 additional traps thrown with a multitrap be more beneficial than 2 additional chains?

A question to be answered, will ele prolif only spread on that initial trigger or will it continue to prolif with each additional chain?

Anyway, sorry for the novel but I hope you get the picture. I've spent alot of currency lately and getting a 20% Arc will take a little time unless I get extremely lucky. If you have the currency and think it's worth a test, I'd love to see the results.

I can definitely see where your going with this, although I don't agree with dropping the Maligaros it doesn't hurt you if you need to be a bit more tanky or more support style, i'll have to play around with finding an arc to use in a 4L via chain or Multi Trap to see what does what exactly, although shock nova literally gets almost everything instant tripple shock stacked with my build

30% Chance to Shock From Quality
26% Crit Chance
10% Crit Chance From Critical Weakness

It's almost a guarantee tripple shock stack every time I lob one set of Multi Traps
Hi there guyz , sorry to disturb your disscution, i have a question.

I own a shadow trapper, mainly build after seeing many trapper guides.

Heres my gear :

Yeah i know that rings and amulet and shield will need to be changed as soon as possible.

I saw Phox stats bar and ....12k dmg on fire trap? i mean maybe i saw wrong ...or something...ok i saw on another guy 9k dmg ...wtf?
No , but seriously , my question is HOW ?

I`m lvl 72 now , followed this build :
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABS0Gdw5IEZYVIBjbGYYc3B6UIWAkPCaVJ6ko-imlKk0s6S9vMZ4yGDWSPydAoEGHRitGcUlRSn1KyE3jTipOm1BCUzFVS1YtWm1br13yXvpnoG6qb55wUnC7cNV08X_Ggh6Cx4MJhTKHdohCiPGMNo_6ks2S85MnmK2do6Iuplem56dcrD-sR6xZrH-0DLQ4tfK3Prd1wcXDOspK1U_ZE9sL2-fcV90N3nfjhOUZ52PrLO4V8h356Pv1_Kv8xf4K_o-euWBLeu907YhrtvcRLw==

I only have about 1.6k dmg on my fire, 800 dmg on my lightning and about 1.7k on my ice nova.

Can you be so kind as to help me out with some advice? Thank you in advance.
Follow me on YouTube & Twitch for more info on new content.
Latest build : 3.4 Holy Shepherd - Dominating Blow

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2209856/page/1
Stay safe exiles ;)
"
dr0guletz wrote:
Hi there guyz , sorry to disturb your disscution, i have a question.

I own a shadow trapper, mainly build after seeing many trapper guides.

Heres my gear :

Yeah i know that rings and amulet and shield will need to be changed as soon as possible.

I saw Phox stats bar and ....12k dmg on fire trap? i mean maybe i saw wrong ...or something...ok i saw on another guy 9k dmg ...wtf?
No , but seriously , my question is HOW ?

I`m lvl 72 now , followed this build :
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABS0Gdw5IEZYVIBjbGYYc3B6UIWAkPCaVJ6ko-imlKk0s6S9vMZ4yGDWSPydAoEGHRitGcUlRSn1KyE3jTipOm1BCUzFVS1YtWm1br13yXvpnoG6qb55wUnC7cNV08X_Ggh6Cx4MJhTKHdohCiPGMNo_6ks2S85MnmK2do6Iuplem56dcrD-sR6xZrH-0DLQ4tfK3Prd1wcXDOspK1U_ZE9sL2-fcV90N3nfjhOUZ52PrLO4V8h356Pv1_Kv8xf4K_o-euWBLeu907YhrtvcRLw==

I only have about 1.6k dmg on my fire, 800 dmg on my lightning and about 1.7k on my ice nova.

Can you be so kind as to help me out with some advice? Thank you in advance.

This is my Fire Trap on a 5L,

Roll a Spell Power Shield,
60%+ Crit Damage Neck.
Remove Multi Trap From Your Fire Trap
Your fire trap is 17, aim for 20
Last edited by Pohx on Jan 6, 2014, 1:19:51 PM
Thx for the reply, without nexk and shield reworked i managed to up my fire trap to 3k.

Thx again for the tip.

Stay safe exiles ;)
ok , sry for this reply , dont mean to spam , but without multiple traps on fire trap , IT SUCKS ASS SOO BAD ...
Not to mention how hard it is with moving targets ...i`m reverting back to multiple.

Maybe mostly because i`m single farming, trying to get more mobs hit at once ..

ty anyway.

Stay safe exiles ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info