[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

I rerolled a new character, it was meant to be an AoE Crit build but then I ended up putting traps on this character because it seemed to synergise really well with my build lol. I think the idea is probably similar to Pohx's new crit trapper.

This is my current Lvl 86 CI AoE Crit mostly trapper build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBUIFWwhnDkgPxBEtES8RUBGWFbgV1xa_HNwpTyycLL8tHy2oL28yGDLROtg7fDvhPAU9X0GWRKtFR0ZxRtdHBk3YUlNTMVWuVmNapl3GXfJfamBtbRlvvHBScLtw1XyDf8aDCYauiEKIa4uMjHaOZI6-j6aP-pMnljKXlZf0mZqdo5_foqOnK66zsZCzA7QMtQS297b6t3W31riTuMq71sBRwcXB88NtyFvN-teG2RPbWdvn3Mfd8-Fz4vfjhOQi62PsGOw47SDuFe988h3z6vem_Ks=

This was my old CI dual totems crit trapper, Lvl 82:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBncIZwx9DkgQfxEvEZYV1xcvGDwZihqPHNwdFB2qJLAo-ioTLKcsvy2DLagvbzIYQ2NGK0ZxTptTMVXWVi1WY1j1WfNaK1u7XfJk52ZPZp5vnnBRcFJwu3DVcU1-sH_GgKSBSYLHgwmGrobRiEKIa49Gj_qTJ5M6lwaaz5u1naOdxKPypuenCKx_sZCyOLQMtve3Mbd1t9a4k70nwBrAUcHFwzrDbcSixp7KSteG2FTZE9tZ2-fhiOOE6-7sGO4V8h322vno-tL7Cfyr

My new build feels much better (probably because I don't need to depend on all those aura nodes to boost my Hatred+EK DPS) and I have a very easy time proliferating the entire screen with any skill even though I have no AoE uniques. I have 6k ES with Discipline and I can at least run with groups at 77 maps with ease (I've never tried solo simply because I can't afford the maps lol).

For my traps, I'm running:

Spoiler

Fire Trap + Increased Burning Damage + Elemental Proliferation on a +2 fire gems ~150% crit dagger.

Lightning Warp + Trap + Multiple Traps + Elemental Proliferation

Cold Snap + Concentrated Effect + Elemental Proliferation + Trap

I have around 31% Crit chance on 4% base crit spells and around 39% chance to crit for 5% base crit spells. The items with crit chance I'm using are my dagger, spirit shield a Diamond Ring and a Maligaro's Virtuosity. (I can't be bothered to log in right now, game keeps crashing lolz).

I use self casted 5L Storm Call for single target damage (and occasionally throw in a fire/cold snap traps) since it has a pretty cheap mana cost without cast speed investment, it hits hard already and it has a very high base cast speed so I can focus on investing in things like spell damage instead.

My tooltip damage for Cold Snap is about 1.7k ~ 2.6k, and I have around 31% crit chance on it. Meaning I have 31% + 69%*~0.43 = overall ~60% chance to freeze. It's a pretty good feeling that I'm able to easily and reliably freeze entire screens of mobs in 77 maps even with a 6 man party. :) I can also swap out Cold Snap for Freeze Mine if I want to too, but I like to deal damage so.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Dec 4, 2013, 3:04:41 PM
"
Oberr wrote:
It worth using EK with trap + multiple trap asap? I'm in start of act 3(26lvl), and it feels kind of not enouth,it uses too much mana and i have a hard time to deal with small groups, ending just running around for them to trigger all traps

I'm following Pohx's build (lv 72 atm) and while i leveld as a trapper i didn't use EK as a trap. Mostly because - like you said - you have to circle around mobs and that's not the point at all. I'd recommend you to use it without Trap/Multi Trap, that way you'll do decent damages and with a proper aiming (i hope so :p) you'll be far more efficient.
(In the same mind, using Cold Snap with Trap/Multi Trap/Elem Prolif while leveling is kinda insame.. you just have to launch fire trap (with MT too) + cold snap and that's over for normal (and almost blue) packs)

___

Love this build Pohx, great work ! :)
if im reading this right u use lightning trap not EK for ur newer crit build ? or are u still using EK but also using LT ?
"
steviewillz wrote:
if im reading this right u use lightning trap not EK for ur newer crit build ? or are u still using EK but also using LT ?

Only the skills shown are the active skill i'm using
"
Oberr wrote:
It worth using EK with trap + multiple trap asap? I'm in start of act 3(26lvl), and it feels kind of not enouth,it uses too much mana and i have a hard time to deal with small groups, ending just running around for them to trigger all traps

You do not need to trap EK till you have issues with monster damage
"
Ahsasylum wrote:
"
jmzpoe wrote:
Hey Pohx. Really like your build. I'm just wondering why you get the physical damage boost in the cruel bandit quest. Does it increase your damage output?

Also, when you are starting out, before you get iron reflexes, should you still be running evasion/es? Or would armor/es be more useful?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this guide!

i am also wondering how thinks would go if i choose evasion over armour and didn't get iron reflexes. given my 62 level scion and resistance penalties i also think i should give some points to resistance nodes.

or i don't know, as i found few uniques yet should i wait for them dropping so i may get decent resistances from uniques?

I personally prefer Armor, The evasion wheel is a nice transition into your other nodes.
Ill start with saying, I love that you keep your guide updated with new stuff you find out and still share it with everyone, I love playing my trapper so far currently level 70.

But also i've come here with a few quetions, First off I feel like my damage is abit low, I'm really low on currency right now and struggling to find any kind of currency at the moment, but I'm wondering, do you think it could be worth investing in level 19 gems rather than trying to upgrade my gear for now to make maps go abit faster?

My current gear:

POHX Thank you again for this guide definitely awesome streamer awesome personality

Thanks man! I'll support your stream on my next paycheck!
Hey Phox,first time writing here.

Your guide is perfect,really noob friendly,
and u have so many info to cover almost all my questions.

Had one lvl68 trapper at nemesis.Riped from storm herald in 1sec.had max res ,2.5k hp ,1k+ mana with EB and MoM.So Probably dsync.

My second trapper is lvl 70 even stronger than the previous and i even soloed Dominus
with 2 friends siting outside(where so weak) to proceed to meciless and i was lvl 58.

Anyway keep up with a good work and stream.
I got one question/request though.
Can u add in ur guide or answer me here,as far as the Quality on gems is concerned.
-What Q gem boosts the dps and why.
-Basically what Q gems are usefull to have,if you have the currency.
or in my case:
I have my main setup and i have a 5 link bow on X,tha connects firetrap/ek/some other gems/enhance so when my gems are lvl 20 i can 20%Q them.And keep my main setup/dps unharmed.

Thanx in advance!

"
Pjey wrote:
Ill start with saying, I love that you keep your guide updated with new stuff you find out and still share it with everyone, I love playing my trapper so far currently level 70.

But also i've come here with a few quetions, First off I feel like my damage is abit low, I'm really low on currency right now and struggling to find any kind of currency at the moment, but I'm wondering, do you think it could be worth investing in level 19 gems rather than trying to upgrade my gear for now to make maps go abit faster?

My current gear:

If your damage is lacking and you feel you don't want to wait. I would definitely invest in level 19 gems

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info