[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

"
Looking forward to see the changes to your new Trapper role in, from past errors etc and the new DoT changes :). In regards to the DoT Changes, as Trappers has anything changed majorly for us - for example, should we be looking at Increased Burning Damage on Fire Trap?

One question, toward the end of your last trapper you were looking at using Artic Armour and CoDT but can't see it in the latest update of links used - have you decided to sway away from it?

Currently following your Gems/Links but want to start leveling ones you intend to switch to 'end game' :). With regards to your Passives, are you still following your 'Final Build' linked in OP or decided on changes/different paths?

Regards,
Stab

Couldn't really gather anything from my BSOD Death Sadly :(

As for the full build it's going to change with the last 15 Points depending on your gear/role for party play, literally everyones full build will be different depending on what they end up using

I'm not using CWDT anymore, using Smoke mine + Artic Armor

just take a look at what i'm currently using on my links and you'll see what to level up, as for my weapon swap it's going to be empower/enhance / skill gem doubles for 20% qual reciple
"
Pohx wrote:
"
D3adGh0st wrote:
Hi Pohx,
Is the Clever Construction node really needed for a nemesis trap build? I'm thinking you could just freeze (with cold snap) the problematic mobs that kill your traps, and then destroy them with traps (while frozen).

I plan making a similar build, but i can't decide on some things. I would be grateful if you (or someone else) could take a look: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/650242/page/1/#p5820062

Thanks!

Clever construction is Absolutely 100% Required Your trap can die from so many things in this game, Aoe's Leap slam, Leapers, freezing pulse, any projectiles, lightning attacks, storm herald etc. If they kill your trap before it freezes there is no point to your freeze, you also cant freeze cyclone mobs before they hit your traps unless you proliferate it. You also won't be able to fight storm heralds effectively.

I meant using Cold Snap as a skill, with prolif and aoe, not on a trap. Sorry for not being clear enough.

And also, what do you think of pure crit trapper build? Is it viable?
"
Pohx wrote:

As for the full build it's going to change with the last 15 Points depending on your gear/role for party play, literally everyones full build will be different depending on what they end up using

just take a look at what i'm currently using on my links and you'll see what to level up, as for my weapon swap it's going to be empower/enhance / skill gem doubles for 20% qual reciple

Thanks for the reply Pohx :).

Yeah I'm currently 82 and getting along towards those 'last 15 points' - currently finishing High Explosives and tossing up what to do next. Will be interesting to see the discussions in here around Lighting Trap and alike.

The reason I asked about Artic Armour was because I couldn't see it in the list and knew you mentioned it a few times - can I assume its the 'filler' used with 'Reduced Mana' in your Helm? You are simply casting it when you get into trouble?

The issue I'm having is trying to determine where/when I should stop leveling Gems such as Clarity/AA - Gems like Enfeeble etc are straight forward, just don't overshoot the stat requirements. But with Clarity and alike, not sure if there is a 'sweet spot' - any guidance before we get to end-game items when we will know our Mana Regen rates?

Lastly, I was just asking about the DoT changes in 1.0.2 with regards to our Traps (mainly Fire Trap). As I understand it, the initial 'explosion' vs the 'burning ground' take different values from our Passive Nodes/Damage increases from items. Have you read/theorycrafted anything that could benefit from saying using a 'Increased Burning Damage' gem or alike?

Regards,
Stab
Last edited by Deathlythoughts on Dec 3, 2013, 5:43:50 AM
"
D3adGh0st wrote:
"
Pohx wrote:
"
D3adGh0st wrote:
Hi Pohx,
Is the Clever Construction node really needed for a nemesis trap build? I'm thinking you could just freeze (with cold snap) the problematic mobs that kill your traps, and then destroy them with traps (while frozen).

I plan making a similar build, but i can't decide on some things. I would be grateful if you (or someone else) could take a look: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/650242/page/1/#p5820062

Thanks!

Clever construction is Absolutely 100% Required Your trap can die from so many things in this game, Aoe's Leap slam, Leapers, freezing pulse, any projectiles, lightning attacks, storm herald etc. If they kill your trap before it freezes there is no point to your freeze, you also cant freeze cyclone mobs before they hit your traps unless you proliferate it. You also won't be able to fight storm heralds effectively.

I meant using Cold Snap as a skill, with prolif and aoe, not on a trap. Sorry for not being clear enough.

And also, what do you think of pure crit trapper build? Is it viable?

You might not have the damage for cold snap to have a lengthy freeze duration if you don't trap it, you're free to try it out though!

Crit trapper is definitely viable. However, you'll need a bit more gear to get it started and is mainly for single target since you won't have Multi traps on fire trap

Edit: You can use prolif on your fire trap instead. Ignite damage was nerfed but you should still be fine
Last edited by Pohx on Dec 3, 2013, 7:34:11 AM
"
"
Pohx wrote:

Thanks for the reply Pohx :).

Yeah I'm currently 82 and getting along towards those 'last 15 points' - currently finishing High Explosives and tossing up what to do next. Will be interesting to see the discussions in here around Lighting Trap and alike.

The reason I asked about Artic Armour was because I couldn't see it in the list and knew you mentioned it a few times - can I assume its the 'filler' used with 'Reduced Mana' in your Helm? You are simply casting it when you get into trouble?

The issue I'm having is trying to determine where/when I should stop leveling Gems such as Clarity/AA - Gems like Enfeeble etc are straight forward, just don't overshoot the stat requirements. But with Clarity and alike, not sure if there is a 'sweet spot' - any guidance before we get to end-game items when we will know our Mana Regen rates?

Lastly, I was just asking about the DoT changes in 1.0.2 with regards to our Traps (mainly Fire Trap). As I understand it, the initial 'explosion' vs the 'burning ground' take different values from our Passive Nodes/Damage increases from items. Have you read/theorycrafted anything that could benefit from saying using a 'Increased Burning Damage' gem or alike?

Regards,
Stab

AA/Carity = Max the level.

The measurement I use for AA = When your mana drains while moving, you either need to get more regen, mana or Stop leveling AA

Burn Damage For Fire Trap Scales Off the following since the new patch

-AoE Damage
-Burn Damage
-Trap Nodes
-Fire Damage

AA is currently in my 6th socket in my carcass jacket, it might not of updated for some reason
Hey Pohx. Really like your build. I'm just wondering why you get the physical damage boost in the cruel bandit quest. Does it increase your damage output?

Also, when you are starting out, before you get iron reflexes, should you still be running evasion/es? Or would armor/es be more useful?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this guide!
Last edited by jmzpoe on Dec 4, 2013, 2:06:56 AM
"
jmzpoe wrote:
Hey Pohx. Really like your build. I'm just wondering why you get the physical damage boost in the cruel bandit quest. Does it increase your damage output?

Also, when you are starting out, before you get iron reflexes, should you still be running evasion/es? Or would armor/es be more useful?

evasion/es hybrids are strictly for MoM/EB

Oaks Phys Damage works for Bear Trap & EK
"
jmzpoe wrote:

i am also wondering how thinks would go if i choose evasion over armour and didn't get iron reflexes. given my 62 level scion and resistance penalties i also think i should give some points to resistance nodes.

or i don't know, as i found few uniques yet should i wait for them dropping so i may get decent resistances from uniques?
Is it worth trying to find the 4 points to grab Path of the Savant? What about some Reduced Reservation nodes to try and run Discipline as well as Grace? Is Unnatural Calm worth a point?
Last edited by Lungboy on Dec 4, 2013, 11:03:54 AM
It worth using EK with trap + multiple trap asap? I'm in start of act 3(26lvl), and it feels kind of not enouth,it uses too much mana and i have a hard time to deal with small groups, ending just running around for them to trigger all traps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info