[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

2 New Map Bosses Updated, Piety Run Updated.
My current build is a Lightning warp trapper which I feel is a tad bit too random because the second hit misses around 40% of the time, I will more than likely respec to this since its only 10 points off from what I'm using now but i am looking for input regarding it.

How well would you say this works in group play? One of the main people I've been playing with and will be doing maps with is a discharger. Obviously I don't expect to be able to match his potential AOE burst but I'm wondering if it will at least be able to compete with his overall damage.

What are you feelings toward Conc effect on the fire trap? The 69% more damage at lv 20 is nothing to scoff at IMO. I realize you don't have the sockets for it since fire pen is probably a greater damage increase, but would you consider it if you did?

What is your endgame goals for uniques? I imagine Divinarius and hellbringer are on the list if you can work around the hit to your tanky-ness? And then there's dream fragments, massive increase to mana but only one resist and no health, although the inability to be frozen could be taken into consideration. Do the benefits outweigh the loss to health and resistances or would it just be better to stick with good rares?
Last edited by Tweal on Nov 10, 2013, 7:58:09 AM
"
Tweal wrote:
My current build is a Lightning warp trapper which I feel is a tad bit too random because the second hit misses around 40% of the time, I will more than likely respec to this since its only 10 points off from what I'm using now but i am looking for input regarding it.

How well would you say this works in group play? One of the main people I've been playing with and will be doing maps with is a discharger. Obviously I don't expect to be able to match his potential AOE burst but I'm wondering if it will at least be able to compete with his overall damage.

What are you feelings toward Conc effect on the fire trap? The 69% more damage at lv 20 is nothing to scoff at IMO. I realize you don't have the sockets for it since fire pen is probably a greater damage increase, but would you consider it if you did?

What is your endgame goals for uniques? I imagine Divinarius and hellbringer are on the list if you can work around the hit to your tanky-ness? And then there's dream fragments, massive increase to mana but only one resist and no health, although the inability to be frozen could be taken into consideration. Do the benefits outweigh the loss to health and resistances or would it just be better to stick with good rares?

Mapping with a discharge would be interesting, I'm not saying your AoE would match his, but you'll definitely still pack a punch when it comes to AoE'ing. However, you do give off the potential to freeze any mob you come across which should help your friend out alot. Just remember though the single target can be a bit iffy till your traps level up a bit.

As for unique's in the build. I'm currently using Sunblast & Carcass Jacket. In a couple levels, around 86-88 I'll be removing Sunblast to obtain a Chaos resist belt. As for carcass Jacket I'm not too sure if i'm keeping it or replacing it.

Conc affect is still a skill gem I'm working around playing with. I'm still not too sure how to incorporate it into my fire trap, once I end up getting a Quality one i'll see which is superior, Fire pen or Conc
Quick question - How well does this build play in groups?

Im playing with my friend and lining traps up when Im not the only target seems rough.
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me
"
Quick question - How well does this build play in groups?

Im playing with my friend and lining traps up when Im not the only target seems rough.

I'm doing quite fine in maps, you'll get used to aiming where the mob density is, if you would like I can record a group play map run
Im seriously impressed with how awesome you are with helping people out with this build. Really cool. :D

Have you given any thought to a build that utilizes Shock Nova on a Trap to shock a group of enemies with Prolif?
Dope build, dope guide, dope stream! Keep it up
"
Im seriously impressed with how awesome you are with helping people out with this build. Really cool. :D

Have you given any thought to a build that utilizes Shock Nova on a Trap to shock a group of enemies with Prolif?

Nope, it definitely works but everyone is doing it so i'm trying to play a different style of trapper
"

I was not satisfied with the results when I gave this trap a try. At least for me everything pretty much dies from a round of traps (9 x a mix of fire and EK). The only things that live through that are stragglers that were seperate from packs, and high hp rares/uniques.

Shock nova has a dead zone, which unfortunately is exactly where the trigger radius is. Unless you are using Sunblast belt which pops your traps automatically and throwing your trap a distance away from the rare/unique mob it is literally useless against them.

Since the creatures I want to shock can't be shocked, I found it rather lackluster. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe arc trap with elem prolif might be effective?

I am pretty happy with my trap setup right now though, AoE - Fire, EK, Lightning. Single - Bear, Cold snap. I'm pretty much never cooldown jammed, and I have pretty much any situation covered offensively or defensively with this mix.

If I had to replace one though it would be lightning trap, since its damage just isn't where the rest are. Only real benefit to it, is its 2 sec. CD means it will always be up. I'll add Arc/elem prolif to my list of experiments to be done.....
Well, I mentioned Shock Nova because it doesnt have to crit to be able to Shock.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info