Arc

Just looking in on PoE while waiting for the new leagues. Noticed the 1.15 patch added Spell Echo; brought to mind the conversations about self-casting vs. Totems and CoCS - this support gem has obviously been added to change this up somewhat.

Have you guys had a chance to try out Spell Echo with Arc? Does it work as good as/better than CoCS/Totems? Totems and CoCS tend to force certain stat requirements and skill-tree points, so Spell Echo might be good by just freeing those up.
I've not yet tried Spell Echo.
I have a 20/20 Spell echo with 20/20 faster casting with 20/20 Arc in a +2 lightning damage wand.

It's amazing!

I'm trying a few different setups but keep coming back to this for absolute DPS.
"
MetalChief wrote:
I have a 20/20 Spell echo with 20/20 faster casting with 20/20 Arc in a +2 lightning damage wand.

It's amazing!

I'm trying a few different setups but keep coming back to this for absolute DPS.

I made a 5L pledge and decided to try out an arc build. I was so impressed and enjoyed the build enough that I plan on 6Ling the staff. Awesome build.
Standard Forever
"
ExiledRenor wrote:

Yes, Stormcall is incredible good for Singletarget.

Consider this combo:

-Stormcall
-added Lighting damage (10% shock and SC has 100% damage effectivness + high castspeed)
-Lightingpenetration
-concentrated effect

Added L. Dam doesn't give high cast speed, only Inc. Shock Dur. & Chance to Shock.
Last edited by Arthikas on Aug 5, 2014, 8:22:39 AM
That's not what he's saying, so I don't see the problem.
"Storm Call has 100% Damage Effectiveness and high Cast Speed"
Arcs targetting mechanics are terrible. It arcs without damage over urns etc if there are monsters within range, and will often choose closer monsters over a monster half a screen away, whether my pointer is highlighting said urn/monster or not.

It makes sense for it to use prioritization code when cast without a target, but manual targetting should override that, and it doesnt, making arc feel even less interactive than it already does as a skill thats both hitscan and autotargetting.

Please change/fix.

IGN: KoTao
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
MetalChief wrote:

It's amazing!

I made a 5L pledge and decided to try out an arc build. I was so impressed and enjoyed the build enough that I plan on 6Ling the staff. Awesome build.

that staff just blew my mind
I must try this
what would penguins do?
[quote="Gereggy"]I got stuck in a wall, and it was glorious. :D[/quote]
[quote="Qarl"]Fixed a bug where occasionally Fairgraves, Neverdying never dies.[/quote]
The Arc skill effect animation now finally displays correctly for me and it looks awesome! Before it would only show a much tuned down version, no matter what graphics setting i used but that has been fixed now :D

I also like the changes regarding its damage balance. The 15% reduced damage with the 25% increased base crit chance turned out to be only a very minor nerf without power charges and even a slight buff for my crit based Arc build when i have my power charges up. Overall good changes!
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Last edited by vargorn on Aug 21, 2014, 5:25:28 AM
The bug where Arc stops chaining when it shatters an enemy is still around since when it got first introduced. Could this finally get fixed? This is severely crippling herald of ice with no reason at all. :(
IGN: Pirteloli

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info