Arc

"
For single target, provided that you can keep it still, storm call + conc effect + other supports will outdamage anything you can get with arc and most probably with spark.

Yes, Stormcall is incredible good for Singletarget.

Consider this combo:

-Stormcall
-added Lighting damage (10% shock and SC has 100% damage effectivness + high castspeed)
-Lightingpenetration
-concentrated effect

Will MELT everything. Many people are underestimating a shock oriented build. Shock synergizes well with Stormcall as it hits very fast rapidly.
Also penetration is EXTREMLY IMPORTANT vs tanky enemies as it has a potential damage increase of +140%! (reducing >max< resistance from 75% to 40%)

The reason why Stormcall is interesting is because it is very useful paired with ARC. Arc is pretty strong as a medium AOE skill(and in most cases the number of enemies is optimal for Arc) and Stormcall compliments Arc very well.

Currently I am having great success building a Life/Armor/Eldrich Battery/ShockArc Witch and I plan on using:

-Arc
-added Lighting damage (for the 10% shock + duration)
-faster Casting
-Lighting Pen
-Lifeleech
-Empower

Added Lighting damage must not be underestimated, imo the 10% shock is extremly valueable. Also the SHOCKDURATION means that you shock resistant and high HP monster more often.(and thats where you need the damage) And the nature of lighting skills(dealing low min and high max damage) translates shock duration into shock chance.

Empower is very good for obvious reasons(Arc Lv 21 has 1 additional jump)

Imo Penetration and Shock duration are ridiculously underrated but they are IMMENSLY useful to deal with nasty enemies thus it is "anti-escalating" difficulty.
You dont want high DPS but you want high DPS against tanky enemies!

14000 DPS with the Buzzsaw build means nothing. A 5000 DPS arc with 35% lighting pen and ~60%(!) Shockchance will completly annihilate max resist blues and white mobs are onehit anyway no matter if you have 14k or 5k DPS. And for max resist rares and bosses you take Stormcall.

The effective DPS, man!

PS.: I am confident that you wont need Arc vs bosses but you will rather use stormcall, as it has ~80% more singletarget DPS than arc.
All SC requires you to do is to tank for ~2 sec(decoy totem?)
I cant emphazise it enough: Elemental penetration and elemental statusailment proccing is COMPLETLY SICK for eDPS(applies to shock and burn)
Very underrated.

Oh, I forgot to mention the best aspects of Arc:

-instant damage
-kills enemies offscreen
-kills spread enemies very efficiently
-multichains single enemies in groups of 3+

PPS.:

I have come further and I am surprised how good Arc works. I really like this skill. Also I underestimated its damage. My character is lv 74 and My 3 linked Arc(+2Lv) has 4k DPS.
I am absolutly confident, that a super lategame Arc Caster will reach 8000 DPs and this HITS, as you also have 35% Lighting Pen and Shock.

Really good skill now. Its EDPS is insane, I am clearing 2 map rooms in 3 sec at once while afking^^
MaxResist monster dont give me troubles.
Last edited by ExiledRenor on Apr 30, 2014, 5:13:38 PM
Agree with above post. Arc with the right gems is great!
Arc + Spark combo build could be interesting. Spark has extreme damage output versus dense packs of mobs (using Chain and Fork), whilst Arc is good for picking off the stragglers (although as others have said, not so hot if there's only one enemy left).

Arc totem + Lightning Trap could also be pretty cool.
Thread necromancy
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
What I found works really well for single target is Vaal Haste, it has no mana cost and a level one gem gives you 35% increase cast speed for 6 seconds.
Well, the latest BOTW certainly confirms this skill is fixed and then some. I watched a little of etup's stream during the race and was amazed to see he'd gone Arc. I knew it was buffed, but didn't expect it to be a top race contender.

Job well done, people.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 2, 2014, 9:06:43 PM
Just thought I'd though my 2 cents in here and tell people that self cast arc with proliferation paired with a flame totem is amazing. When everything is triple shock stacked flame totem seems to 1 shot I no its not a 1 shot but mobs burn so fast its like a 1 shot. Try it out I was pleasantly surprised :)

I use a 5l arc and 4l flame totem in invasion. Arc faster cast ele prolif life leech lightning pen in 5l and flame totem gmp faster cast faster projectile in the 4l. Imo arc totem is crap and flame totems dmg is boosted so much by the cast speed you have because as you no with arc you want as much cast speed as you can get. I'm currently running 74 maps in invasion and its clearing very nicely. Also flame totem is strong enough to kill on its own so those invaders you would normally run from can now be killed by dropping totem and kiting. Oh and no totem nodes needed in the tree. A 20% flame totem is plenty :) You can also take out faster cast and put in blind for even more defense but your totem will lose a lot of dps.
Last edited by Pfinch on Jun 15, 2014, 3:49:01 PM
New Targeting sucks. Bring back the old one.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
A question about Arc, chaining, proliferation and shocks. Sorry if it has been already answered

Can I shock an enemy more than once, from a single Arc cast?
I cast Arc on Mob1 and I get lucky, and shock him. Then arc bounces to Mob2, Mob3:
1. If I shocks them too and have supported Arc with Elemental Proliferation, will the shock from Mob2 be proliferated back to Mob2 (getting a second shock stack?) This way I can get 3 shock stacks with a single hit
2. Arc chains back from Mob3 to Mob1, and the roll is lucky, so can it shock the Mob1 a second time?
2a. If I have Elemental Equilibrium, will the second chain back to Mob1 suffer from 25% increased lightning resist? Or EE will be applied after the Arc has finished chaining?

Thanks
"
ExiledRenor wrote:

Yes, Stormcall is incredible good for Singletarget.

Consider this combo:

-Stormcall
-added Lighting damage (10% shock and SC has 100% damage effectivness + high castspeed)
-Lightingpenetration
-concentrated effect

That works well, as does Storm Call/Light. Pen./Faster Cast/Inc. Crit Dam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info