Arc

"
raics wrote:
I'm a bit more proud about that cleave buff if it was a result of the stink cloud in 'revive DW' thread. People had conflicting opinions on DW rework but most agreed cleave needs a damage buff - less range than GS, less area, less damage, no special properties, it was a clear-cut case.

I don't think the Cleave change applies to Dw at all -- it's still base 60% with each weapon.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
"
ephetat wrote:
I don't think the Cleave change applies to Dw at all -- it's still base 60% with each weapon.

DW Cleave gets both penalties, so it's very slightly better now.
total offtopic
"
ephetat wrote:
"
raics wrote:
I'm a bit more proud about that cleave buff if it was a result of the stink cloud in 'revive DW' thread. People had conflicting opinions on DW rework but most agreed cleave needs a damage buff - less range than GS, less area, less damage, no special properties, it was a clear-cut case.

What I was saying is everybody agreed cleave needs a slight damage buff regardless of any dual-wielding fixes, it's still pointless to use it instead of DS-splash, that would need a bit more substantial rebalance... like some of those suggested in the thread, pay it a visit if you're bored.

Anyway, I like tho potential now, even if it ends up with 7 hits on level 20 rendering chain support completely useless, nobody was using it anyway. It's a little sad when the skill is neither an AoE nor a projectile, not many supports like it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 7, 2014, 9:46:37 AM
"
Rospokadu wrote:
Its sad to say, but im pretty sure Arc is dead. Its been a while ppl complain about arc and its lack of support, still GGG always seems to overlook this in favor of other more popular skills.

Shame, this skill have so much potential to be fun AND viable.

Im glad i was wrong!!

Cant wait to get back from work an play with my Arc Witch.... its been a while since i last payed her a visit!
My arc miner is back!

60% more damage is a dream come true. If only this change had come earlier so I wouldn't have quit him at lvl 33 :/

Nothing beats 7 mines going off at once and annihilating everything.
Finally!

Overall a great buff, massive improvement but not overpowered compared to other spells. Arc still has a lot less raw dps than Fireball with the same links/supports but the chain increase over level and the unique targeting mechanic compensate for that, making it a viable alternative. Still feels completely differrent from most other spells and that is one thing i really love about it.
Sometimes it hits on the lower end of the damage scale and affects only those of the mobs that carry a cardiac peacemaker (ancient vaal technology) and sometimes it crits on the upper damage boundary, shocks and just vaporizes half of a mob group instantly. :D

On my lvl 80 Witch (Ambush), i am currently running [FB + LMP + Crit-Dmg] on my +2 to fire gem shield and [Arc + Faster Casting + Lightning Penetration + Crit-Chance + Crit-Dmg] on my 5-linked armor; switching out Faster Casting for Power Charge on Critical when i run without my friend (who runs conduit). Both spell combinations deal comparable damage now and the balance feels just about right between the two.

edit: Just killed the Weaver in Merciless Standard on my lvl 62 Lightning Witch using [Arc + Lightning Penetration + Faster Casting + Crit-Dmg] with Bloodrage, Critical Weakness and a simple Skeleton Totem. The fight was not easy, but well managable with good positioning - compared to being almost impossible prebuff with the same setup.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Last edited by vargorn on Apr 7, 2014, 12:27:35 PM
FINALLY!

Now I can quit Ambush and get back to my loved one :-)

Just tried it with knockback ... very nice and different flavor.

just need to level knockback a little more (only got a lvl 10)
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
Last edited by Fhedaykin on Apr 7, 2014, 4:34:14 PM
Just when I had decided to quit for other games until next leagues, this happens. Well, arc feels great now. It has it's own niche. Other spells are better against 1-2 targets and against huge mobs, but when it comes to 3-5 mobs, arc is awesome :)
"
LogoOnPoE wrote:
Other spells are better against 1-2 targets and against huge mobs

I don't think you realize how powerful Arc is now with good builds and items.

Nice buff but 60% more dam was a pretty lazy way.
Quite a nice change, loving the new build.

Using Life leech/Iron will - Arc - Light pen - Ele. prolif - Chain, having a bit of sustain problems but that should be solved in a few lvls.

Will get me going until light ball is out. Or maybe I'll stick with arc in the end.

Arc mtx please.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info