Arc

Saw that Arc wasn't buffed. Saw crit multi was nerfed. Sigh.

P.S. Vipermagi, my question on whether there was a better way to show how bad Arc is was more metaphorical than literal. The clip still showed Arc failed.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Hey now, Arc is a Chaining skill!
(which, as we all know, is a fucking joke :( )
Which is why Chain should be a good support for it, instead of a bad one.

I guess it might need even more love than that, however. It shouldn't be "Chain support or die" for Arc, even if my suggestion was implemented.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I really hope they still buff Arc. Or that they will take the time to rebalance it thoroughly in the next weeks, when more time is available for these things.

And Fireball got enougher highlvl buff, even though it's already 78 map viable...
Its sad to say, but im pretty sure Arc is dead. Its been a while ppl complain about arc and its lack of support, still GGG always seems to overlook this in favor of other more popular skills.

Shame, this skill have so much potential to be fun AND viable.

"
Rospokadu wrote:
Its sad to say, but im pretty sure Arc is dead.

Is is and has been for a long time. I still hope that a GGGcromancer appears some day.
"
Increased the damage of the following skills at low levels: Spark, Cold Snap, Ice Spear and to a lesser extent, Freezing Pulse and Storm Call.

So Storm Call got a buff. Nothing on Arc.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
There have been a couple interesting ideas in this thread on how to buff Arc while retaining its unique feel.

Some things that i'd rather see unchanged:
low base crit rate:
While a higher critrate would greately empower Arc, i can understand that it is made so low to bring the focus more towards the shock mechanic unique to lightning damage.
high range between minimum and maximum damage:
just something unique to lightning damage as well.

What could be changed:
reduced mana cost:
Arc offers significantely lower damage/mana spent compared to other spells so a change in the mana cost seems over due.
different chain mechanic:
- number of chains progressing with level (for example: 1 at lvl 1, 2 at lvl 6, 3 at lvl 11, 4 at lvl 16, 5 at lvl 21). this would make Arc more viable for higher difficulties since the monster group size goes up a lot.
- change the Chain support gem so the damage modifier only affects projectiles.
flat increase in damage or cast speed:
This can be considered the 'easy way out' i guess.

Personally i'd love to see a combination of these changes.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Last edited by vargorn on Mar 5, 2014, 10:45:04 AM
For me personally:

"
vargorn wrote:

Some things that i'd rather see unchanged:
low base crit rate:
While a higher critrate would greately empower Arc, i can understand that it is made so low to bring the focus more towards the shock mechanic unique to lightning damage.
high range between minimum and maximum damage:
just something unique to lightning damage as well.

+ Keep the insane manacosts. I personally want Arc to be a heavy nuke that demands considerable investment into mana sustain.

"
vargorn wrote:

What could be changed:
- change the Chain support gem so the damage modifier only affects projectiles.

+ Make it work like Multistrike - ''New targets are selected for subsequent chains if available.'' If not arc should hit the first target like a truck, culminating all the chains dmg on the single target.
no need of making it as projectile or changing chain effect...
simplest solution would be reducing it mana cost by 20% (?)
just simple one variable to change in game code :(

or like guy above said
"
+ Keep the insane manacosts. I personally want Arc to be a heavy nuke that demands considerable investment into mana sustain.

but then dmg needs to be buffed...

lets make petition. "BUFF THAT DAMN ARC"
"Brutus transformed himself out of fear. Fidelitas did so out of love."

sdfsdfsdf name already exist O_O
Last edited by nevidonas on Mar 5, 2014, 7:17:09 PM
"
nevidonas wrote:

but then dmg needs to be buffed...

Making changes to chain support and allowing arc to chain single target will be dmg buff enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info