Arc

Did I just say +10% damage? Hoo boy, what kind of cat drugs was I on.

Storm Call: 718 dps
Arc: 351.25 dps

In the absolute, best-case scenario, where it hits a guy, then another guy, then the first guy AGAIN... it is doing roughly the same damage as Storm Call. Well technically slightly less damage. And it only hits one target. Instead of everything on 1/4th of the screen.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Mar 4, 2014, 7:07:04 AM
What would be really nice for this skill is to make it a projectile so it can be supported by multiple projectiles. Also the dmg should be buffed. Maybe add more chains as it level progress.

I really like this skill but it is just so bad. In a game where pretty much all skills hits entire packs of monsters having a skill with a 3 maximun hits (u can add chain to get 5 but u lose half ur damage so is meh) seems a bit underpowered to me.
The balance changes in 1.1 are pathetic. Really disappointed.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
as in it didn't get any so far?
I meant overall. Across the entire game. Pathetic.
"
Oh hey, look what didn't get buffed.

:(

"
Also, my grand idea of using crit multis to realistically improve Arc's damage range? That's gone too.

I'll wait till I see the new skilltree but yes, this would be another nerf to Arc. Shocks + huge crit multipliers are the only things where it could shine.

"
Quazr wrote:
What would be really nice for this skill is to make it a projectile so it can be supported by multiple projectiles.

This is the worst thing they could do IMO. It would make Arc more like fireball etc. I like Arc's unique mechanics.
I still think the answer is

Chain (support gem)
Chain +1 Time
Supported skills Chain 100% more Times
50% less Damage
x% increased Damage (leveling)
x% increased Projectile Speed (quality)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 4, 2014, 7:24:04 PM
We've really got sidetracked. Arc is half as strong as Storm Call and hits fewer targets.

The +10% shock isn't tremendous since we already have 20% chance already (and ~30 to 45% with Added Light quality and Conductivity). As Storm call is faster to cast, it has a higher chance to shock with the basic 20% from the passive tree:

Storm Call Chance to Shock Per Second: 36%
Arc Chance to Shock Per Second: 35.25%

Storm Call has a higher chance to shock than Arc. As the damage is higher, it'll happen on stronger monsters than Arc can shock, and will last longer. Especially with Added Lightning Damage. Storm Call is better than Arc in almost every way save the delay. And having a steady stream of leech (as a consequence of the instant burst feature I don't like so much).

We can agree on that, yes?
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Mar 4, 2014, 8:40:09 PM
Arc is shit. Stormcall isn't.

You're forgetting that Stormcall has greatly improved support and passive options due to it being an 'Area' skill instead of a nothing skill.
Hey now, Arc is a Chaining skill!
(which, as we all know, is a fucking joke :( )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info