Arc

Would love an increased Chain number for a higher level Arc.

Im going to be working with an Arc-based caster. I'll be posting more feedback towards the skill.

I wont be using Dual Totems.
Nor will I be using myself as a support Character for others.
Wonder if new powercharge support gem will change anything for that spell.
:/
▄█▀█▀█
"
_Madus wrote:

Arc has a base chance to crit at 4%, so arc and crit usually don't pair well together anyways. I guess if you used it to shock stack a group with ele prof, get 3+ charges, then utilize another spell. But I think using arc as a main skill, theirs better supports.
Wanted to make use of arc since it seems like a fun spell, but the only thing i managed to do with it was shock stacking and let other people kill stuff since i can't kill anything on my own.

So one arc was for shock stacking and the other for dps, the difference in damage i wanted to see however was not there.

I even tried remote mine+arc and with 5 of them used at once i thought i'd see some kind of burst but there was none. i could have tested it with lighning damage and lightning penetration but i doubt it would make any difference since i had arc+lightning damage+lightning penetration linked already linked and it was crap. Adding remote mine to that wouldn't change the dps from zero to hero.

Best thing that could be done is spell totem+arc+elemental proliferation+faster casting/chain for stacks and then using some other major dps spell. Another fun one to use with power charges might be cold snap.

The character is level 44, i wanted to do dual totem. One with shock nova and the other arc, but i came to realise that both spell are garbage.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
"
Pivovar wrote:

The character is level 44, i wanted to do dual totem. One with shock nova and the other arc, but i came to realise that both spell are garbage.

Shock nova can be pretty powerful, i got a tempest shield templar that uses both of those spells, didn't want to go spork again. Concentrated nova can kick serious butt, even though it's fiddly, sometimes it hits monsters next to you and sometimes you need to move half a step away, agreed, it would make for a pretty crappy totem. Sadly, arc just doesn't cut it except as a boredom reliever, it's not for big crowds nor for a single target, it's a "two enemy spell" and there just aren't that many pairs of monsters that can pose a problem.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Vaaz wrote:
"
_Madus wrote:

Arc has a base chance to crit at 4%, so arc and crit usually don't pair well together anyways. I guess if you used it to shock stack a group with ele prof, get 3+ charges, then utilize another spell. But I think using arc as a main skill, theirs better supports.

It could be better like flat crit chance support...
Anyway imho that powercharge support will cost 190% mana because of other spells godlyness with it so nevermind... Funny that those godlyspells will be finely usable with even that manacost while for ARC it will be spell disabler.
▄█▀█▀█
Last edited by Madus on Mar 26, 2013, 11:52:28 AM
I've been using this spell on a lightning witch and the damage just feels really low. It takes me awhile to kill stuff even when utilizing the low life bonuses. to boost the damage. It feels kind of weak compared to the other lightning spells to be honest.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
I've been using this spell on a lightning witch and the damage just feels really low. It takes me awhile to kill stuff even when utilizing the low life bonuses. to boost the damage. It feels kind of weak compared to the other lightning spell to be honest.

Fixed that for you. There's only one lightning spell. It's spark. Nova is too difficult to optimize, and tempest shield doesn't count.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Nova and Warp are perfectly viable skills.
Hi my name is Yawne and I am an Arcoholic.

Im a LvL 88 Hardcore Marauder using Arc since Level 72 as my main Atttackspell.

I use Arc in a 6l Staff with Elemental Proliferation, Faster Casting, Added Lightning Damage, Lightning Penetration and Iron Will.

My Build:

My Gear:
Spoiler

No Kaoms Yet ;_;

6l This one at the moment:

As You can see my gear might not be the best but its most likely not the worst either.

My Arc does 2k DPS. I cant really solo maps, because it takes forever to kill single mobs and larger groups, which is ok since its a group support build anyway.
I dont have any auras. Only 4k base armor and no dex.
So basically my build is shit. I could just go get Iron Reflexes and EK and I would have one of the most OP builds in the game. But I don't because I like Arc and I wanna make Arc work.

So my sole reason for the groups to even take me along is shocking.
I have 50% Chance to Shock and 85% Increased Duration(100 once i get a 20% ele Prolife), so i should be able to decently shock everything on the screen right?
Well no. since the damage effectiveness on Arc reduces the base damage so much that I cant even get over the 300ms threshold on many mobs.
I dont invest that many points into damage I know, but more than the average EK who gets up to 7k DPS without a single passive node.

So I cant do AoE damage because I only hit 3 Targets, I do miserable Single Target Dps because 2 Bounces of my Arc go to waste and I can't even shock consistenly because my base damage is to low.

I still love Arc and I will stick with it but its really painful to see how Sparktotems or Lightningarrow build shock more than me even tho they have way less focus on shocking.

How to improve arc:

Well for one get rid of the Damage Effectiveness. Remove some of the Basedamage if you have too but the Damage Effectiveness really counteracts the whole purpose of shocking targets.

Or increase the number of bounces, currently the only way to increase the bounces is by adding chain, but chain actually reduces your damage even if you hit all 5 times untill high level of chain and even then its worse than just using any other support gem which doesnt double the manacost.

Or give us the Piety Lightning Orb!

I love the mechanic of Arc, the autotargeting, the huge range , which are perfect for me since im always playing on US-Gateway with 200+ latency and low fps.
But give Arc some love... pretty pretty please.

Ingame: Yawne
Shop HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/132370

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info