Arc

HC Merciless Chamber of Sins is pretty sadomasochism with ARC caster char.
▄█▀█▀█
"
Hazardado wrote:
"
TheDiALuP wrote:
I agree with Super_tree, at higher levels the ARC doesn't seem to keep up (damage wise) versus other spells in the game even though I have it at 1200+ dps. I also get completely over shadowed on maps when only using the ARC.

Just my 5 cents, It doesn't need a huge damage buff, but I think the shock chance and shock time increase could make it a lot better. Regardless the ARC needs some kind of buff to stay on the level with other spells.

Only thing arc seems to be good for is to use its base shock chance, get the +20% from the top of the passive tree, use it with elemental proliferation and shock stack mobs to either help your party members or make your other skills do more damage

Does the +20% note even work with ARC? It says "on Hit" and spells dont Hit?

I think ARC is fine, you have to build around it, i dont like it, when you could easily swap your skills in lategame.
I died with my ARC Char lvl71 and played right after a new one. Now im lvl69 with 1600dps. It its only three targets but it has an awesome range and never miss and good shock chance.

But i have to commit, that im experimenting with freezingpuls too, because if there are really high monsterpacks it could be worth, but i didnt get this to work^^
Life Gain on Hit's description explicitly mentions it only works with Attacks. If only Attakcs 'Hit' stuff, it wouldn't need to. Spells also Hit stuff, which is why they trigger Flee, Knockback, Blind etc. as well.
"
Yogofu wrote:
Shock support is the only Reason why someone should use Arc in a Serious Way (does still look awesome with a Chain gem :P). Let it Work with Fork and rework or remove the dmg reduction on the next Target/s. Right now its a Trashskill solo and just usuable to be a Shock Support in groups.

Spark > Arc in any Case (spark can also hit at a high distance with some luck).

Sorry but you are severely misinformed about how Arc works. Arc has one of the highest burst damage against a single target if it is surrounded by 1 mob. The dmg reduction does not apply to the next target; it applies to all the damage that it hits. I play a lvl 66 arc witch and I have around 2500 dps with arc. With moderate crit chance/dmg and with shock stacks, I can pretty much 1-2 shot champions and elites. The problem with the skill is not the damage IMO. It is the inability to target more than 3 mobs at a time.

Also keep in mind that Arc auto targets mobs off the screen. Much more accurate than spark. To increase the hit chance with spark, you have to invest a socket for projectile modifying gems like GMP and fork.
A way to increase build and skill gem diversity:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/307289#p2659471
Last edited by nociception on Mar 13, 2013, 2:37:31 PM
"
nociception wrote:
To increase the hit chance with spark, you have to invest a socket for projectile modifying gems like GMP and fork.

Well, if you want to hit a lot with spark you might as well go with GMP, Increased Duration, Fork and Faster Casting. Full screen of sparks eh?

Either way, I agree with nociception; Arcs problem is not the damage, it's the amount of targets it can hit.
So guys whats your level on HC ladder with your 2500dps builds ? Can you post your gear pls.
▄█▀█▀█
Last edited by Madus on Mar 14, 2013, 8:17:33 AM
Would be nice if this could hit another target or two.
"
nociception wrote:
"
Yogofu wrote:
Shock support is the only Reason why someone should use Arc in a Serious Way (does still look awesome with a Chain gem :P). Let it Work with Fork and rework or remove the dmg reduction on the next Target/s. Right now its a Trashskill solo and just usuable to be a Shock Support in groups.

Spark > Arc in any Case (spark can also hit at a high distance with some luck).

Sorry but you are severely misinformed about how Arc works. Arc has one of the highest burst damage against a single target if it is surrounded by 1 mob. The dmg reduction does not apply to the next target; it applies to all the damage that it hits. I play a lvl 66 arc witch and I have around 2500 dps with arc. With moderate crit chance/dmg and with shock stacks, I can pretty much 1-2 shot champions and elites. The problem with the skill is not the damage IMO. It is the inability to target more than 3 mobs at a time.

Also keep in mind that Arc auto targets mobs off the screen. Much more accurate than spark. To increase the hit chance with spark, you have to invest a socket for projectile modifying gems like GMP and fork.

Arc will never ever outdamage spark as a AOE spell or single target spell. Arc also has abysmal crit chance, lowest in the game as far as i know
"
magicrules wrote:
How about just make 1 or 2 minor changes to the spell to make it "viable" in the eyes of everybody.

1) Increase damage
2) Increase number of chains
3) Decrease mana cost
4) Change quality to add damage or cast speed

Any combination of say 2 of these would significantly improve the "viability" of the spells, and bring it up to par with the other dps spells.

+1
but please dont do base crit higher, i hate it when you have to go with all builds on crit...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info