Undying Evangelist

"
mattc3303 wrote:
You can turn their ability against them.

Raise them as a spectre: enjoy the benefits of the bubble when your character is near your raised evangelist. GG.

Yes, because everybody plays summoners, right? :P
"
UnderOmerta wrote:
"
mattc3303 wrote:
You can turn their ability against them.

Raise them as a spectre: enjoy the benefits of the bubble when your character is near your raised evangelist. GG.

Well I guess everybody could throw a conversion-trap.

The only problematic thing is the physical spell they use... but it isn't any more problematic as any other physical spell. Even if you are not a trapper you could simply kill them with trapped spells as a caster. The only ones that propably have problems are eva-rangers.
I think it's worth pointing out that it's possible to stand in melee range of one of these guys and still be blocked by the shield if there's a second one nearby. Like, I get that it's supposed to force you to get close, but in maps, the packs are often so dense that there is literally no way to hit them.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
Emphasy wrote:

The only problematic thing is the physical spell they use... but it isn't any more problematic as any other physical spell. Even if you are not a trapper you could simply kill them with trapped spells as a caster. The only ones that propably have problems are eva-rangers.

Are you sure that they use physical spell? I ask because I was wonder for a long time what kind of damage they deal.

"

I think that every class should have something really usefull in fight, like melee users have multistrike+splash+any melee atack and totem users have spork. Evangelist is this kind of usefull thing for summoner.

But there is one problem with them - evangelists looks identical to surrounding them undying aristoctars, which are completely useless as spectres. Because a summon system is a little bit cripple (no option to delete f.e. one zombie or spectre without deleting them all and no info about monsters when they are dead - in Diablo 2 necromancers have an ability to check what kind of monster was this dead one and that was really facilitating) it is hard to complete spectre team consisted of 4 evangelists.
IGN: Cacofonya - Spectre Summoner Witch lvl 87
"
I think it's worth pointing out that it's possible to stand in melee range of one of these guys and still be blocked by the shield if there's a second one nearby. Like, I get that it's supposed to force you to get close, but in maps, the packs are often so dense that there is literally no way to hit them.

Evangelists are the only new post-release mobs that I actually like.

* unlike everything else they're not gigantic
* bubbles graphics is cool
* you have time to move away from the circle if you want/need to
* dense enough pack can cover each other so you need to spread them -- cool new mechanics,
yoloing into such pack can be deadly ("Look, Ma, my life leech stopped, what should I do?")
* people use them as spectres, so bubble protect them -- another cool abuse of cool mechanics

Evangelists are the best new mobs, everything else is like meh.
"
CCR5 wrote:
"

Evangelists are the only new post-release mobs that I actually like.

* unlike everything else they're not gigantic
* bubbles graphics is cool
* you have time to move away from the circle if you want/need to
* dense enough pack can cover each other so you need to spread them -- cool new mechanics,
yoloing into such pack can be deadly ("Look, Ma, my life leech stopped, what should I do?")
* people use them as spectres, so bubble protect them -- another cool abuse of cool mechanics

Evangelists are the best new mobs, everything else is like meh.

I actually agree with this, evangelists are a well design mob that rewards playing smart and skillfully. The problem is, they are one of the only mobs in the game that do this, so obviously compared to every other mob in the game they seem frustrating and annoying
Now if only they do not spam that AoE attack like a zillion per second. Yes, I know I am exaggerating here, but these guys really know how to spam without holding back.

Not really an issue to some of my builds, but my melee evasion char sometimes have to deal with this, and it can be dangerous in a dungeon since it is easy to get surrounded. My ranged char only has to use bear trap, and kill them off-screen in most cases.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 10, 2014, 12:48:09 AM
These mobs were designed solely to make ranged builds (voltaxic especially) lives a living hell.

its a pretty backwards way to 'improve' melee but it works.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Hi

The bubblers(undying evangelists) can be brutal if you don't move enough, I tend to just target them first, but what bothers me the most is how I can never tell them apart from the other lit trap monsters, that is till they put up the bubble.

The bubblers really need to be made to look different, feels like GGG pulled a old SNES trick and coloured the lvl 2 green elf another colour so it could be considered a different harder monster.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Finkenstein wrote:

The bubblers really need to be made to look different, feels like GGG pulled a old SNES trick and coloured the lvl 2 green elf another colour so it could be considered a different harder monster.

My jRPG nostalgia just got a hardon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info