Undying Evangelist

These mobs should be removed, or changed. The damage output they have at high levels are ridiculou, they are sturdy as balls and they have cast time similar to a Demigod on cocaine. They really suck.

-"but meeeh duuuurrr you can run up their bubble and it's problem solved"

-stfu.

They have elemental resistance and i use ice spear, which is weaker in close range.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Evangelists are easy. QQ people in this threas should L2P.
GGG really needs to be more thoughtful about what they do with physical spells. They completely, 100%, inexorably butt fuck evasion (which is already widely considered to be the weakest defense mechanic) in every way possible. Armor fails against large hits, but if you stack enough armor with endurance charges, you can still take a Vaal slam, CI gets enough of a health pool to tank anything, and can remove all the downsides associated with having 1 life with uniques or keystones, but evasion really doesn't have any good answer to Vaal's rocks, evangelist explosions, EK, or bear traps. You could argue for spell block and phase acrobatics, but since those are just pseudo random instead of entropy based like evasion, it still leaves you open to instantly get crushed by bad luck.

"
Veracocha wrote:
Please, bear in mind that Path of Exile is a hardcore Action RPG. It's supposed to be hard because developers at Grinding Gear Games love hardcore gameplay. Thank you.

The more I see this, the more I'm starting to think that the argument of, "this is a hardcore game and we're keeping it that way", is just GGG lingo for, "we know it's fucked, but we can't admit we're wrong or be bothered to fix it".
"
Armor fails against large hits, but if you stack enough armor with endurance charges, you can still take a Vaal slam, CI gets enough of a health pool to tank anything, and can remove all the downsides associated with having 1 life with uniques or keystones, but evasion really doesn't have any good answer to Vaal's rocks, evangelist explosions, EK, or bear traps.

People comparing Evasion/Armor with Energy shield definitely didn't really get how defense work in PoE, srsly .....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 9, 2013, 1:15:15 PM

Specter one of them and then use a level 5+ increased duration support on the specter skill and as if by magic you have a minion with a never ending shield.

Dont tell the devs lol.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
I love how people bring in the 'oh this is a hardcore game, not for casuals' Please, tell me what is 'hardcore' about having to run into a bubble? Or making sure you don't do too much damage so that you kill your self.. These sort of mechanics are bad and show a lack of imagination. 'Oh hey guys, too much dps will make the game easy, let's make it so they kill them selves!' and 'Hey guys, melee guys are complaining that range is easier (Who would of fucking thought it hey?) so lets make range builds HAVE to go into melee range at times'
While I deal with these annoying monsters fairly easily, I fully understand, that for some builds they are a real nightmare. And it is a problem that should not exist. Let's see, where it leads to. Simply a majority of players who are familiar with wreaclast environment are picking builds, that are more or less viable in all scenarios (most doable monsters, most doable map mods and so on) so they increase the content they can take on. It just narrows the pool of builds that are viable in any given environment. So basically, there are very few builds out there (not counting minor variations in those builds) that are able to take on absolutely everything. However most builds struggle in some scenarios very seriously. It's not a good thing tbh, but it is how it is, and things likely won't change on this matter..
somewhat off topic but;

Character power = build + gear + skill.

Where build is 20% of power gear is 70% of power and skill is 10% of power.

Now think of the drop/craft rate of good end game items that is what causes QQ rage.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
Cergic wrote:
These mobs should be removed, or changed. The damage output they have at high levels are ridiculou, they are sturdy as balls and they have cast time similar to a Demigod on cocaine. They really suck.

When I play my summoner I love to fight with them more than with any other monster, especially because of their Proximity Shield, that protects me for distance attacks.

And I'm glad to see a lot of comments like this one above :D yes, they are true badasses with ridiculously strong attack and defence. And I adore them <3
IGN: Cacofonya - Spectre Summoner Witch lvl 87
"
Peenk wrote:
I love how people bring in the 'oh this is a hardcore game, not for casuals' Please, tell me what is 'hardcore' about having to run into a bubble?

Hardcore players live in a bubble.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info