Undying Evangelist

As a summoner I know these guys pretty well, their hard and their weak spots.
Melee Charas have it compared easy to defeat them ,especialy with skills like leap slam or any teleport. So you can just leap or port away from the impact area of their bombing and knock them out directly. They tend to go into melee fight when players are to close, pretty useful.
Ranged Attackers have it harder no doubt. But I recommend skills like bear traps or a decent Skelly Totem that usualy casts the Skeletons directly in front of the mobs. My Ranger always has a Skelly Totem equipped, it's basicly the new Decoy Totem. You don't even need high level Skeletons, jsut enough to annoy the mobs long enough to kill them.
Another help to kill them is of course that their bubbles are not permanent, they deacivate them pretty often untill yourself summon Evangelists with Raise Spectres and Increased Durration of course. ;)
Yes, I am a melee fighter and use leap and flicker to kill them, anyway I get a lot of dmg from bombs, at least my 77 resists with 75% attack/50% spell block dont give a fuck.

I think this is the most dangerous monster base (mb except devourers). I need to do blue pack very carrefully. I am wondering what people need to do without 50% spell block.
IGN: Free_hugging
I am usually online at GMT+1 evening times.

Generate filters using poe.ninja data using my item filter tool: https://github.com/Xeverous/filter_spirit
"
deteego wrote:
"
CCR5 wrote:
"
I think it's worth pointing out that it's possible to stand in melee range of one of these guys and still be blocked by the shield if there's a second one nearby. Like, I get that it's supposed to force you to get close, but in maps, the packs are often so dense that there is literally no way to hit them.

Evangelists are the only new post-release mobs that I actually like.

* unlike everything else they're not gigantic
* bubbles graphics is cool
* you have time to move away from the circle if you want/need to
* dense enough pack can cover each other so you need to spread them -- cool new mechanics,
yoloing into such pack can be deadly ("Look, Ma, my life leech stopped, what should I do?")
* people use them as spectres, so bubble protect them -- another cool abuse of cool mechanics

Evangelists are the best new mobs, everything else is like meh.

I actually agree with this, evangelists are a well design mob that rewards playing smart and skillfully. The problem is, they are one of the only mobs in the game that do this, so obviously compared to every other mob in the game they seem frustrating and annoying

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love the design at play, I just feel there's a slight implementation issue here. You know, like when you can be in a pack of them, swing at one in point blank range with a straight-up melee attack, and be blocked by the bubble. That seems... slightly silly. Wouldn't you agree that it kinda misses the point of the bubble?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Hi there,
Just To bring some knowledge to the pot, ROA seems to bypass the protective shield thingy.
Don't know if it is a popular skill (tend to play on my own), but for a Physical bow build it is a nice alternative to pointblank.

edit :

Scratch that, doenst work ...
Not all the time that is ... can't tell why.
Last edited by Lazareus on Jan 19, 2014, 4:48:22 PM
undying evangelists with undying totem, so sick... pierce is also not working...
Check our recruitment thread if curious

Twitch: PoE_Vincam
every build has their soft spots , evangelists were purposefully meant to counter ranged builds that would just off screen shit all day .

because when they were introduced it was path of ranged .. and well wouldn't you know ... it still is path of ranged it is just that melee weapons have spectral throw now , yay.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
every build has their soft spots , evangelists were purposefully meant to counter ranged builds that would just off screen shit all day .

because when they were introduced it was path of ranged .. and well wouldn't you know ... it still is path of ranged it is just that melee weapons have spectral throw now , yay.

I'm actually beginning considering having traps on switch on my invasion ranger ... against those ones!
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
that is actually exactly what you are supposed to do , this is possibly the reason why for the longest time traps just didnt have passives .

so that classes could use them to round out their utility without damaging their core builds

ranged classes got them so you had an alternative method of damage.

even melee could get on the action by using them as a method to extend their reach or control the battle field.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 2, 2014, 10:14:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info