[S]Explosive Arrow Marauder by Slaydemkidz (lvl 96 HC) - For EXPERIENCED Players! (1.2.0)!

The most interesting thing about EA is that it's more of a spell than an attack. EA does not scale the phys/ele dmg from a bow like a regular attack would(for example lightning arrow). As EA levels it gains more base dmg (per fuse), just like a spell does. The only attack part is the arrow itself.
"They say, 'Evil prevails when good men fail to act.' What they oughta say is, 'Evil prevails.'" , Lord of War
"
'So no thx' ?

Ever heard of chromatics? Takes u maybe 5 chaos if ur unlucky.

I got mine for 10.5 ex. Pretty sweet.

Either you were very lucky or just never used chromatics before lol.. BBBRRG on 6l quill? Thats 5 off colors, at least 500+ chromatics AVERAGE. Exalted Supporters these days... real..
It's actually not too hard. As you may have noticed you can get offcolours on low level items easily. Quill Rain is an item for lvl 5 making it quite easy to hit some offcolours.

And btw, I can confirm, Concentrated Effect increases the Burning Damage.

I should rly make a video and I guess I will sooner or later in the future, when I find some time between hours and hours of mapping.
Last edited by Xantaria on Dec 4, 2013, 1:13:57 PM
"
Opungo wrote:
"
'So no thx' ?

Ever heard of chromatics? Takes u maybe 5 chaos if ur unlucky.

I got mine for 10.5 ex. Pretty sweet.

Either you were very lucky or just never used chromatics before lol.. BBBRRG on 6l quill? Thats 5 off colors, at least 500+ chromatics AVERAGE. Exalted Supporters these days... real..

These standard players with not even a level 80 these days.., real.
Last edited by Affinity on Dec 4, 2013, 1:51:24 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/675027

selling a nemesis 6L Quill for only 10 ex if anyone interested, cheapest 6L on league
IGN:ItsSuperEffective
If an item is verified, it is still for sale :)
If I am offline and you have a ?, send me a PM and I will get back to you ASAP, thank you.
Last edited by opTical_iLLusion on Dec 4, 2013, 4:11:57 PM

Anarchy: Self found, Self linked, Self chromed
(From memory) 190 Jewel, 800 Fusing, 280 Chromatics
---------------------------

Domination: Self found, Self linked, Self chromed
75 Fusing, 166 Chromatics

Domination: Purchased as 6-link, Self chromed
388 Chromatics

Domination: Work in progress
Last edited by Gryphyn on Dec 4, 2013, 7:31:19 PM
Is this still viable post patch? If so I may respec the current build I'm using to this one.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecCcQPGBLMGDgn2EmkUIBRNFHEXHBkuGYUaOBpsJKolrSftKU8xnjIJMok1kjbFNtg26EGHQapGaUrITeNQR1RJV-JYr1nzXz9j_Wh0bEZuqnF5cmxyqXgNfNmDOIcpiBuI8YqvkFWUoJ2un8uiAKZXpwinMKeEqW6sWayqtfK3PrndwBrUj9gk2E3aYtrd37_kIudS52PsOOxV7w7vfO-F8B_yL_cy-Ov56P0L_gr-jw==
They announced two new DoT circles being added to the tree with 1.0.3. One even contains Life Regen. I'm considering to pick the one next to Mind over Matter up when it get's released. Stay Tuned.

Your build looks viable. Maybe not perfect, but still pretty good.
Last edited by Xantaria on Dec 5, 2013, 12:45:12 AM
I'm gonna post here and pm so you only have to read one of them :)

So to sum everything up about the mechanics of Explosive Arrow I made a list and just want you to confirm or deny whats true and not true

1. Explosive arrow's explosion scales with elemental, fire, aoe and projectile damage.

2. Explosive arrow's burn scales with elemental, fire, burn, aoe, and projectile damage.

3. Concentrated effect scales the explosion AND the burn damage (effectively giving a multiplier to the burn of 2.8561 (1.69*1.69)

4. All mobs and bosses have a max cold resist cap of 75% meaning you only need a max of 4 cold damage after mods and conversions on your split arrow to proc elemental equilibrium.

And this isn't really a question, more if number 3 is correct, then your build didn't suffer any dps decrease at all. Before, with the 33% burn damage on hit, conc effect didn't increase the burn. Now with the 20% burn on hit, conc effect works which effectively increases the base 20% to 33.8%, which means even after the patch, you gained dps on your explosive arrow since all the damage buffs apply to the burn :D

All i need to do now is buy a 6link quill rain (or chest piece since I'll never afford a Kaoms)............. o rng gods please give me something useful i can sell ;_;

In case anyone is wondering, I've created 3 explosive arrow users in Nemesis, all 3 have ripped (the latest being a few hours ago), at lv 80, 83, and 52. I'm still determined as ever though !!!! I will make a successful EA build!

ign - TheExplosiveArcher
Last edited by GreatMalek on Dec 5, 2013, 2:07:07 AM
Just get a 6L quill rain :) they should go for 10exalts-ish.

A chest will be way more expensive.
Just buy a good rolled non-linked chest pretty cheap and you're good :).

Damage solo is really amazing, I ran some 71 maps yesterday like a breeze. When there were 2 players it really became a bit 'harder' since i didnt oneshot magic packs anymore.

Im curious about the DoT nodes with life regen..... Hopefully they add DoT dmg to the start nodes from scion because they're so so very weak compared to any other class...

I'm even considering using my 86 marauder on HC to roll this build. Incase my scion might RIP and i'm not really intrested in anything else atm.
But yeah, yesterday in a pack that spawned from underground apparently had a reflect rare, i 5stacked and didn't die... I think i was down to 2k hp or something (from 6k). First time that ever happened.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info