1.1 Updated [HC/Inv] EB/MoM/AA SuperTank Spectral Throw (Works with Mjölner!!Tested!)

I went RT early on and not sure if I should keep it or respec. Is there anything you would drop to pick up RT or do you think it isn't worth it in your build?
"
lindz wrote:
I went RT early on and not sure if I should keep it or respec. Is there anything you would drop to pick up RT or do you think it isn't worth it in your build?

Maybe i'm just noob but i'm 52 and don't think i ever got stunned? I didn't pick up RT yet that's for sure.
min maxing Vortex Occultist two leagues in a row. What next?
Last edited by shackwove on Oct 31, 2013, 1:07:05 PM
"
shackwove wrote:
"
lindz wrote:

Maybe i'm just noob but i'm 52 and don't think i ever got stunned? I didn't pick up RT yet that's for sure.

I think you're talking about unwavering stance, not resolute technique.
"
jhahn812 wrote:
"
shackwove wrote:
"
lindz wrote:

I think you're talking about unwavering stance, not resolute technique.

Damn it. I knew something didn't sound quite right. Confirmed noob i guess :P

Well i'm up to 84% chance to hit and i sure as hell wouldn't spend the 6 points to get RT. With LMP and 0.38 attack time on ST, missing here and there isn't a big deal at all. I reckon it was more of annoyance when i had less attack speed though. < IMO
min maxing Vortex Occultist two leagues in a row. What next?
Last edited by shackwove on Oct 31, 2013, 2:07:39 PM
"
jhahn812 wrote:
I'd spec out of the 6%,6%,6%,8% projectile dmg nodes at the start of the scion tree and spec into the life regen nodes heading towards shaper. Better dmg nodes elsewhere and adds a nice bit of survivability (not that you need it, but the dmg boost from the projectile nodes is miniscule).

ive thought about this, may test it out but the life regen and +12 max life is so small dont know if its worth it.

"
VernoInferno wrote:
Bum, why a 2-hander vs 1H + shield?

you know i havnt even got a good 1h to try yet, may try it and see what happens. the main problem i see is because i have 2h dmg nodes is a big loss of dps, and a loss of potential 4/5/6link.

"
lindz wrote:

been thinkin of adding this in for late game. not sure how yet
IGN @Dbum
update from my side:

atm lvl63 a2 merc[Nemesis], running

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pcIZ5tdqJpaUkrIbqq18jWS_o9N46ZXMZ464fJF_gq3PkGH-ejGrjwtxPYn7ayqcql82XdiqW54DdBHvooB3KQZG_ol34TZqZSQbIdqYSES4YTvdO1672BLBS1AoJ65bmm-p9JNwA_V7WqTtkFOKimlW6_dDfzFZ6CHdkp9WK826AHnn8unMPe-ns3SIVcNkc46UjJ-

i took 2x6%res because of my res gear.
next points are going on the left side from Stamina to 2nd Diamond Flesh+Heart of the Gladiator. then i'll grab the remaining 3 8%+12%+8% life nodes in the middle or go straight for Troll's Blood+14%life node at the end.

after that, i'll get Elemental Adaption. if i still won't have cap res, i'll get 18% cold/fire(light @69%atm) res nodes at scion's start

then i'll plan to go for dps: Wrecking Ball, Berserking (and maybe Harrier)

i'll also take some 30 int / 30 dex nodes in order to lvl my dex gems(and item rarity gem)

Links:

Spectral Throw-LMP-Life Leech-Added Fire Dmg

Double Strike-Faster Attacks-Melee Phys Dmg-Added Fire Dmg(maybe i switch this for Life Leech)

Reduced Mana-Grace-Determination(although i'm using only grace right now, because 45%mana reserved)

Molten Shell-

Enduring Cry-

Warlord's Mark-(or Projectile Weakness for more offensive)

Decoy Totem-

Reju Totem-

don't have any Cast when take dmg or 5L yet :P

any suggestions?
Last edited by Atum84 on Nov 1, 2013, 7:40:07 AM
I am level 56 atm, I've made it to Merciless with only 1300 armor lol.
Got incredible bad gear, play with decoy totem and its EZ.
I have a similar build I've been playing and I'm right at the point (level 45) where if I'm going EB/MoM I have to start heading up for EB, but the more I play with the math the less sure I am that it's worth it.

What had been looking like some great synergy is heavily dragged down by the tradeoffs.

SO much mana lost to reserve.
No other utility out of all of that int.
So many armor, life, and damage nodes I could have hit instead.
Having to gear for ES.
I love the build. I've been working on something similar in softcore...but is EB really worth it? I'm going MOM too but since it only deducts 30% from life, you might need extra protection for your life. And it's rather out of the way of most of the 2h nodes. And how about iron reflexes? You end up preventing more damage if you don't run it due to the soft caps...
"
Wulfenbane wrote:
I love the build. I've been working on something similar in softcore...but is EB really worth it? I'm going MOM too but since it only deducts 30% from life, you might need extra protection for your life. And it's rather out of the way of most of the 2h nodes. And how about iron reflexes? You end up preventing more damage if you don't run it due to the soft caps...

All i have to say is mom + eb + even a shitty ar/es or ev/es chest armor works. im rockin only 1k mana atm and the 30% comin from it is awesome. if you watch my stream you will see i dont take much damage to my life. as far as iron reflexes it just gives you the choice in running ev instead of relying on just ar, and i have yet to hear about a "soft cap" for iron reflexes.

IGN @Dbum
Last edited by dbum on Nov 1, 2013, 1:22:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info