1.1 Updated [HC/Inv] EB/MoM/AA SuperTank Spectral Throw (Works with Mjölner!!Tested!)

I'm pretty interested in this as a starting point for a HC/Nemesis Scion, however I've made a variation here that has some more tank/resists instead of the MoM keystone which I feel might not work so well with auras. I've also picked up Resolute Technique and moved away from dex points in favour of more % increased life and % of life regenerated.

(EDIT: Streamlined and got 10 extra STR.)

Thoughts/crit/ideas?

Questions:

1: Is it worth going all the way up for Eldritch Battery if I'm not taking Mind over Matter? I assume the extra mana could come in useful for auras, but I'm still too low level to have run anything more than 1 aura at a time.

2: I've focussed heavily on life buffer and regen as well as keeping much of the armour nodes. Should I perhaps look at more DPS instead of this much life buffer/regen or is it going to pay off being this tanky in HC/Nemesis. (Please take into account here that I am located in South Africa, so the latency to the European server cluster can get a little bit dicey at times but is fine mostly)

3: How difficult would it be to convert something like this to an Ethereal Knives build instead of Spectral Throw?

Many thanks for the great thread and for everyone's contributions.
Last edited by RefugeeZA on Oct 29, 2013, 10:30:21 PM
My Scion is also a 2H build with ST.

Build:
2HST

For single target i use double strike without multi. Phys dmg that is reduced into small hits gets even more reduced by armor. My links are:
DS - melee phys dmg - added fire dmg - faster attacks

Spectral Throw is just
ST - LMP - Rarity - Ele dmg

I have 2 defense links with trigger gems:
Cast when dmg taken - molten shell - projectile weakness - enduring cry
Cast when dmg taken - GMP - arctic breath

The chilled ground is rly good and the projectile weakness helps to hit and knock them back. The arctic breath also knocks back and so its hard for them to hit me.

I run around with 6 end charges, auras are grace and hatred.

I have only 4L Items, hope i get at least one 5L soon. Thats the added fire dmg for ST to clear grps faster. But im alrdy fast :D

This thread show that there are alot of ways to play this, very nice
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
"
LadyDevimon wrote:
My Scion is also a 2H build with ST.

Build:
2HST

For single target i use double strike without multi. Phys dmg that is reduced into small hits gets even more reduced by armor. My links are:
DS - melee phys dmg - added fire dmg - faster attacks

Spectral Throw is just
ST - LMP - Rarity - Ele dmg

I have 2 defense links with trigger gems:
Cast when dmg taken - molten shell - projectile weakness - enduring cry
Cast when dmg taken - GMP - arctic breath

The chilled ground is rly good and the projectile weakness helps to hit and knock them back. The arctic breath also knocks back and so its hard for them to hit me.

I run around with 6 end charges, auras are grace and hatred.

I have only 4L Items, hope i get at least one 5L soon. Thats the added fire dmg for ST to clear grps faster. But im alrdy fast :D

This thread show that there are alot of ways to play this, very nice

ya im runnin ms, temp chains and ec on cwdt now.

your build is something simmilar if the eb/mom doesnt work. but im banking on it and slowly getting gear now for it
IGN @Dbum
heya, how do i combine iggy's st scion build with yours ? im playing nemesis @ lvl32 at the moment

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/547971/page/1

thats my current build with 32: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGfyl5tdqJpaUkrIbqq18jWS_o9N46ZXMZ464fJF_gq3PkGH-ejGrjwtxPYn7ayqcql82alueA1YrzboAeenMPe-

i want to get the 2x 12% life nodes next, then go for steel skin, master of arena, executioner, golem's blood and diamond flesh.

any more ideas? im only @ 839hp and dont have high all res(farming docks atm). think i dont wanna try MoMand EB for now(maybe later)
ya you can combine builds if you so choose. i personally go for hp/armor first to get a good base tankiness for hardcore then damage. when i was 32 i had atleast 1300life. let me know how your build is doin and if you need any help with bosses let me know!
IGN @Dbum
hi
is that build only for hard core or i can apply it in normal (coz u type HC).
"
layali20 wrote:
hi
is that build only for hard core or i can apply it in normal (coz u type HC).

u can play it in sc. its just "made" for hc and nem cause of the survivability
IGN @Dbum
Bum, why a 2-hander vs 1H + shield?
I'd spec out of the 6%,6%,6%,8% projectile dmg nodes at the start of the scion tree and spec into the life regen nodes heading towards shaper. Better dmg nodes elsewhere and adds a nice bit of survivability (not that you need it, but the dmg boost from the projectile nodes is miniscule).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info