Build of the Week 14 and a portion of the 0.9.13 Patch Notes

"
Freewendy wrote:
"

Udja wrote:

Actually no thanks if you were solicitating me - I already have a mate for that ;)

I reallly dont think you got that one lol
its a link hun

I did and was being polite ;)
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
"
Chris wrote:
SqueakyToyOfTerror: It's all indoors areas :)

Exactly as I had hoped. Thank you for the response. Anticipation is really going to drive many of us nuts as more information becomes available.
...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Oct 29, 2012, 8:06:11 PM
You guys seriously need to consider a Chaos resistance curse. PA/VS players in Merciless are very, very sad with these patch notes. :(
"
0nin wrote:
You guys seriously need to consider a Chaos resistance curse. PA/VS players in Merciless are very, very sad with these patch notes. :(

I think that would auto-bone over CI, because I believe CI currently just raises your chaos resistance to 100%, if a chaos curse happened it might just auto kill them.
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
"
Udja wrote:

The butthurt is strong in this one.

Bookmarked for use at work. hehe
Cool! Regarding the locked doors of act boss room fights, is it just so you can't exit the room during the fight, but can still enter the room if you died but dropped a portal in the previous room?
"
Udja wrote:
"
Catsonly wrote:
if i remember right from previous statement the ele weakness wont have the chance to ignite/freeze/shock anymore

and also curently the ele weakness curse is they said op so it nerfed to only having - resistance and they add 3 more curse to trade for it

Mmmhmmm... as I thought... I wonder if I'll even recognize this game after it goes live; will it survive all the nerfs and dumbing down? Well, at least there is no RMAH here - for now...

Giving you another choice, play for the party, or go lolimproego, is not dumbing down.

Adding more skills is not dumbing down.

Nerfing powerful abilities is not dumbing down.

Exactly how are they dumbing things down again?
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
"
0nin wrote:

Poison arrow is an extremely good skill. It's always been the best bow skill in my opinion.

BTW: The curse for poison damage is called Vulnerability.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
"
indczn wrote:
It was dumb having farming the cave/dweller areas being the best source of loot while leveling.

I thought the area changes (make it larger, more complicated, make mobs harder - especially in Dweller's home) would stand against mindless chest farming fair enough...

"
Chris wrote:
Also, I believe you've misunderstood the chest situation. We added so many chests to an average play-through that this is only good news. You will encounter many more than before, and they actually work as a proper ARPG game system now - random timing, random rewards.

..but this sounds like a nice plan, even as it has 2 sides: it adds more exitement to find that chests - but it also adds one additional RNG: you have to have the luck to catch the chest, but even then it can give you nothing than crap...

PS:
"
ClaySoldier wrote:
The chest change is good for the normal people, bad for the farmers

I can be called a normal farmer, what now? ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
jawsofhana wrote:
"
0nin wrote:

Poison arrow is an extremely good skill. It's always been the best bow skill in my opinion.

BTW: The curse for poison damage is called Vulnerability.
Mobs with 75% chaos resistance are pretty common in Merciless and the damage boost of Vulnerability in comparison with Elemental Weakness's damage boost to elemental damage is almost negligible. Elemental Weakness increases your damage against a mob with 75% resistance by 200% (Less if the mob has overcapped resistance, which is pretty common, but even then it'll be around 100% damage boost). If you think Vulnerability compares favourably, you must not be playing a PA build.

"
Waves_blade wrote:
"
0nin wrote:

I think that would auto-bone over CI, because I believe CI currently just raises your chaos resistance to 100%, if a chaos curse happened it might just auto kill them.
Nothing stopping GGG from making CI boost your chaos resistance to 200%, out of reach of curses.
Last edited by 0nin on Oct 30, 2012, 9:29:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info