Build of the Week 14 and a portion of the 0.9.13 Patch Notes

Here's the current version of part of the 0.9.13 patch notes. This list doesn't include any PvP, balance or bug fix information, just content and features. The full list should be available within a few days, before we deploy the patch.

Content:
  • Added a new Intelligence skill - Arc: An arc of lightning stretches from the caster to a targeted nearby enemy and chains on to additional targets.
  • Added a new Strength skill - Devouring Totem: Summons a totem that can consume nearby corpses. If you are hurt, it will destroy a corpse to leech life to you.
  • Added a new Intelligence skill - Conductivity: Curses all targets in an area, making them less resistant to lightning damage and giving lightning damage a chance to shock.
  • Added a new Intelligence/Strength skill - Flammability: Curses all targets in an area, making them less resistant to fire damage and giving fire damage a chance to burn.
  • Added a new Intelligence/Dexterity skill - Frostbite: Curses all targets in an area, making them less resistant to cold damage and giving cold damage a chance to freeze.
  • Added a new Dexterity Support Gem - Chain: Projectiles chain to nearby enemies as they hit their targets.
  • Added a new Dexterity Support Gem - Fork: Projectile fork into two new projectiles as they hit their targets.
  • Added a new Strength Support Gem - Fire Penetration: The attached skill ignores some portion of the target's fire resistance.
  • Added a new Dexterity Support Gem - Cold Penetration: The attached skill ignores some portion of the target's cold resistance.
  • Added a new Intelligence Support Gem - Lightning Penetration: The attached skill ignores some portion of the target's lightning resistance.
  • Removed special chests from the Cave in the Old Fields and from the Weaver's Chambers. All dungeon areas now have a chance of spawning a special chest. There is also now a guaranteed one in the Dread Thicket.
  • Utility Flasks now have new art. This only affects flasks found after this patch.
  • Added seven new Unique items, five of which have been designed by our Diamond supporters.
  • Further improved the randomness of the Western Forest area.
  • Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects, environments and sound.

Features:
  • Revamped the appearance of the hint box that appears when you kill the first zombie.
  • The Merveil, Brutus and Vaal Oversoul fights now lock the door behind you for the duration of the fight, so that players aren't able to retreat to the linked area. Portals are still allowed.
  • Bandits now emerge from tents properly rather than just appearing.
  • Updated the character selection screen so that it matches other parts of the UI. Leagues are now also shown with icons.
  • Spawn can now emerge from the ground in certain cave areas.
  • You can now use arrow keys in the vendor window to change between tabs of items to buy.
  • Killing Brutus or Merveil will now grant the next waypoint.
  • Characters will now occasionally comment on the deaths of rare monsters.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Oct 31, 2012, 8:08:05 PM
Chain and fork could get very interesting. I'll keep an eye on those
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:

Especially if they work with piercing projectiles. Meaning they probably won't.
I like the new skill gems in the patch notes. :D
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
mirelitbab wrote:
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:

Especially if they work with piercing projectiles. Meaning they probably won't.

It only chains or forks if it does not pierce.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Haha, love the act 3 preview at the end of that BotW video ;)

Really nice sneak pic of act 3 :)

"Characters will now occasionally comment on the deaths of rare monsters."

Please dont make it too frequent like it is in D3 where our chars keep talking all the time ^^
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
Zentradi wrote:
Really nice sneak pic of act 3 :)

"Characters will now occasionally comment on the deaths of rare monsters."

Please dont make it too frequent like it is in D3 where our chars keep talking all the time ^^

It's every 45 minutes or something.
it looks really great, seems promising
I hope that devouring totem has a special skin
"
Chris wrote:
It only chains or forks if it does not pierce.

Yes, that's what I've expected. Thanks for the quick response!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info