Iggy's Spectral Throw Build! Combines the best of ALL worlds. [SC/HC]

I'm trying this build out with slight modifications on my Hardcore Scion :)
Maybe someone can give me some advice on the Cruel bandits' rewards. Considering I'm using the reroute below, and the fact that I'm using ST more as a secondary attack (RMB), with linked Heavy Strike as my main attack (LMB), I was thinking of going with Kraityn for the 8% increase in attack speed.

Would that work, or is Oak's 18% physical bonus just too good?

"
Brazilski wrote:

Hi Iggy,

I really like your build, it's very close to what I came up with for my viking themed one-handed axe Scion. So, I plan on using yours with some adjustments to better suit the theme (and perhaps give her a bit more melee punch).

Do you reckon this would work?

I love this build.
I am level 80, I followed the guide from the start and it really works.
I was also lucky with the gear, and need an advice how to proceed further.
My problem is, the Spectral throw on 6L is without auras cca 3.1K dps which I would like to boost.
f.e now I use item rarity on 6L for spectral throw, but not sure which gem should I use (BM & LL is not a benefit).

Double strike is now around 18K,22k with Hatred.

Could you please help me what should I change gear wise ?
(don't mind the 2 gems in helm, I am leveling the 20q and double strike to lvl20)

Also, any other gems and combination I can benefit from ?

Thanks

Spoiler
Ye Olde Shoppe! - Torment-Edition: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132380

Torment IGNs: BlastThemMobs
Standard IGNs: Dhaalia, Backstabbing_Foe
I'm running a similar build on both my scion and duelist and I haven't had to spend much time trading for gear this build is fairly dominate. My duelist uses cyclone but the skill trees are very similar. I think 2 auras and BM is good too.
nice build!

Quick question. Why scion instead of duelist? It seems that duelist is closer to the most important passives.

this may be super noob but ... can someone explain to me why ST is linked to weapon elemental damage? Spectral Throw doesn't convert to elemental damage, and we are aiming for physical damage on our weapons right? So why WED?
"
sephonly wrote:
this may be super noob but ... can someone explain to me why ST is linked to weapon elemental damage? Spectral Throw doesn't convert to elemental damage, and we are aiming for physical damage on our weapons right? So why WED?

i'm level 84 with a very similar build and i use physical projectile attack damage

i have not used blood magic gems and have survived up to this point with 4% life leech and 2% mana leech. just got a new ring that will bring me to 6% life leech.

i use hatred all the time and grace as well if i'm up against any high physical damage foe or small number of foes...for mobs or long times it is kind of undoable due to the amount of mana reserved. i presume you could spec into mana regen or max mana more, but i built everything for survivability first and then damage. resistances are all 75% and my armor, unbuffed, is somewhere around 3000 i believe.

i wish my build was a little more tanky though. i'd love to be able to facetank all bosses but some of them just do crazy damage.

also i originally had cast on damage taken at level ~16 or something until i stopped. since then i respec'd back to level 1 and i use molten shell, enduring cry and immortal call at the highest level that will allow. seems better since immortal call gets activated way more frequently.

anyone have this build where they are doing higher dps with, say, double strike? like over 40k-50k?

i saw my dps go to 66k when i tagged a diamond shrine and then an echoing shrine within seconds of each other haha. where was that acceleration shrine when you needed it?
"
Kirathon wrote:

thought about trying 2h mace but i felt everything was too far away. went with swords since there were more nodes directly underneath the scion. but i did play with a mace for a long time until i actually started spec'ing into swords (grabbed some generic 2h damage nodes first). also it took awhile before i could do more damage with my sword than with Voidhome. when doing piety runs i would beat her with Voidhome until at low health and then switch weapons and kill her.

edit: also you are close to two different nodes for +12% resist all. i assume your gear is taking care of that, but consider what you could do gear-wise if you took those nodes.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Feb 24, 2014, 8:10:07 AM
"
Brazilski wrote:
Maybe someone can give me some advice on the Cruel bandits' rewards. Considering I'm using the reroute below, and the fact that I'm using ST more as a secondary attack (RMB), with linked Heavy Strike as my main attack (LMB), I was thinking of going with Kraityn for the 8% increase in attack speed.

Would that work, or is Oak's 18% physical bonus just too good?

"
Brazilski wrote:

Hi Iggy,

I really like your build, it's very close to what I came up with for my viking themed one-handed axe Scion. So, I plan on using yours with some adjustments to better suit the theme (and perhaps give her a bit more melee punch).

Do you reckon this would work?

if you spec into some attack speed nodes and some nodes that give you damage AND attack speed...and you're using faster attacks...the 18% physical is hard to pass up.

i forget what attack speed i was up to before multistrike but i think after it is now like 8aps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info