Iggy's Spectral Throw Build! Combines the best of ALL worlds. [SC/HC]

"
aaOzymandias wrote:
What has changed with cast on damage?

Chris wrote:
Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem. Edit: Many people seem to be reading this wrong.

So... Yeah.
"
qazqazqaz wrote:
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
What has changed with cast on damage?

Chris wrote:
Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem. Edit: Many people seem to be reading this wrong.

So... Yeah.

I see... so basically making it pretty useless if I understand correctly.
Not entirely, but... lvl 1 CWDT can still use level 7 molten shell (useless), level 5 warlord's mask, level 5 enduring cry. And leveling up CWDT will make it proc less and might get you killed.
Anybody have any idea how to maximize new slots thanks to CWDT being absolutely useless now? I've followed the build (mostly) and I'm pretty successful with it. I've removed CWDT from the build and am manually doing casts now. Don't know if that's the most efficient use of slots though.

What'll become the most "FOTM" thing to run now?
Last edited by McNastyFilth on Nov 12, 2013, 8:38:26 AM
hmm i follow this build
have atm 2,8k with st but mana?(must use clarity)
if i try to do bloodmagic with my kongors(6l) i use to much live for mana(have 2,9k live) so i would
killed by myself
atm only golems left but 1,5% cant believe that would be enough
this st 2.8k is unbuffed i have so lees mana that i cant switch on hatred so i would have 3,8k
with st ...
think i must search/try another build
:-( so i get the nessesary regrets
Last edited by silhmaril on Nov 12, 2013, 2:49:00 PM
At the moment I'm experimenting with using CoDT lvl 1, Warlord's Mark and Enduring Cry level 5, and Immortal Call lvl 3 linked. (Previously I was running two separate CoDTs, one at lvl 1 and one at like 10~ ish for Immortal Call)

I'm running hatred and wrath aura, mana leech from items to help sustain my 102 mana pool. Manually casting molten shell and blood rage.

Blood Rage is practically constantly on and I cast Molten Shell before a huge mob or boss (don't try and cast it in the middle of fighting whoops). It's working okay...

Assuming they decide to leave CoDT as it is now (which I don't think they will), we'd have to find the sweet spot level where you can use non useless gems at x level, while still proccing fairly often.

I'm lvl 77 testing some easy maps right now on standard.

EDIT: Maybe thinking of linking blood rage + molten shell with increased duration...

Any suggested areas to play test?
Last edited by xSifox on Nov 13, 2013, 12:18:27 AM
You should post a tree for HC
"
woodyfly wrote:
You should post a tree for HC

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wOWBS0IZxLhE0wUIBkuG_ol3yftKaUwTzGeMgkyfjWSNug6UjrhOyg8LUGHR35KfUrITeNOKlBHUFBUSVhjWK9br18_YENgS2EhZFJlTWWnZ6BodGqTbEZuPW5pbqpybHKpdO14DXrvfNmDCYTZhO-HKYdqh3aI8YzPkGyUoJWbn8ukGaZXpzCpbqmUrFmsqrXytkG3Prndvoq-p8APwaPE9sauxtjSTdSP1e3YTdpi3Q3iYedS7w7yL_JF9kj3vvno_MX-Cv6P

Here is the build I'm heading towards. Currently level 72 in nemesis. Just started maps and am not having any issues yet. CWDT was awesome before nerf, have yet to try after the patch. If you can keep molten shell and enduring cry up, you'll be fine. I also run grace as my aura. More than doubles my armor.
CWDT level 1 is still useful with Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, and Enduring Cry. A leveled CWDT gem is also still useful with Molten Shell and Rejuv/Devouring totems when they're properly leveled.

Immortal Call is arguably better to be used manually now though.
Yeah I switched it up. I have 2 CoDT, 1 that I'm leveling to scale with my Molten Shell, Blood Rage (not necessary), and Immortal Call.

1 that is level 1, with Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, Enduring Cry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info