Iggy's Spectral Throw Build! Combines the best of ALL worlds. [SC/HC]

"
dkowalch wrote:

Hmm I wonder if this is more viable than the op's build. I presume you have bloodrage perma on which would give you 4 frenzy charges all the time. With your life regen you also probably don't lose too much health. Gonna have to try it out, thanks.

I don't lose health at all. My life regen is ok even with blood rage on and low chaos res.
"
SuggitPlzr wrote:
Love the build. Quick question though, I'm using double strike as my "boss killer" and I was wondering if it's better to use multistrike or melee physical damage. I'm not really sure which one does more damage. Anyone out there that could help would be much appreciated. Don't want to waste a bunch of time leveling the wrong gem.

Until I get more than 4 links, I plan on using Double Strike + melee damage + multistrike + add fire damage. Don't have a multistrike gem yet though. Play self-found so... have to find it before I can use it (well, now it's a quest reward, but I'm not that far yet).
"
Dmillz wrote:
I notice most people using Double Strike for single target. Why not something like Heavy Strike instead?

"
It does quite a bit more damage. 150% Damage, and 5% per level physical damage increase, and 0.75% attack speed per % quality!

Compare to 70% x 2 = 140%, 4% increase per level, and 0.5% attack speed per % quality for Double Strike. Worse across the board. Not to mention it lacks the Stun reduction.

Is there any good reason to use Double Strike rather than Heavy Strike? The only reason I can think of is if you hate the knockback - it can be a bit annoying with Multistrike?

Don't like the knockback. Prefer to 2 quick hits over 1 slow hit. And you can use Heavy Strike if you wish. It does do a bit more damage.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Oct 30, 2013, 1:43:44 PM
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
SuggitPlzr wrote:
Love the build. Quick question though, I'm using double strike as my "boss killer" and I was wondering if it's better to use multistrike or melee physical damage. I'm not really sure which one does more damage. Anyone out there that could help would be much appreciated. Don't want to waste a bunch of time leveling the wrong gem.

Until I get more than 4 links, I plan on using Double Strike + melee damage + multistrike + add fire damage. Don't have a multistrike gem yet though. Play self-found so... have to find it before I can use it (well, now it's a quest reward, but I'm not that far yet).

No faster attacks? I would think faster attacks over added fire? I really am not sure of which gems benefit most but multistrike + melee physical + faster attacks sounds beastly to me.
IGN:ShattyCathy/ThomasFrell
"
SuggitPlzr wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
SuggitPlzr wrote:

No faster attacks? I would think faster attacks over added fire? I really am not sure of which gems benefit most but multistrike + melee physical + faster attacks sounds beastly to me.

Use whichever is the best DPS. I can't say which is better without putting each in the socket linked with the other 3. Also, also which is better will depend on your gear as well.
I am presently using a 5L for Spectral Throws: the gems being ST; Added Fire Dmg; Faster Projectiles; LOH: and LMP. Do you guys think Faster Attacks might be better than Faster Projectiles? Also, what about using both of the Faster Gems?
"
WolfeDude wrote:
I am presently using a 5L for Spectral Throws: the gems being ST; Added Fire Dmg; Faster Projectiles; LOH: and LMP. Do you guys think Faster Attacks might be better than Faster Projectiles? Also, what about using both of the Faster Gems?

I'm personally a fan of Faster Attacks. I don't think using both would be doable unless you have a 6 link. Can't really sacrifice anything else in there to replace it IMO.
IGN:ShattyCathy/ThomasFrell
"
WolfeDude wrote:

FP will give you more range on a throw, but your throws will "dance" farther out before returning, giving you fewer hits on a mob.
Question ! I am trying this build out now im level 27 should i someway be upgrading my spectral throw? since the guide doesn't show how to stack dex+ right away im not sure if i need to use armor/weapons with dexterity stats? My spectral throw is only level 6 while im level 27 should that matter? Please respond. Thanks :)
"
Abysmalotic wrote:
Question ! I am trying this build out now im level 27 should i someway be upgrading my spectral throw? since the guide doesn't show how to stack dex+ right away im not sure if i need to use armor/weapons with dexterity stats? My spectral throw is only level 6 while im level 27 should that matter? Please respond. Thanks :)

These is a +30 to Dex node right on the way in the passive tree. Grab that for leveling purposes. Can easily spec out of it later on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info