Steam Russia Region Block

"
foxthefoxx wrote:
Hopefully this gets fixed soon...
So do we, the guys who are blocked from steam the first time... Can we move our characters from our accounts now to steam or something, ya know... when this thing is sorted out... or do we need to start over?

Yes, no need to start over, there is a button in account management on pathofexile.com that allows you to link your account to your Steam account.
FFA loot is awesome, keep up the good work GGG!

~~IGN = KittiesYayPuppiesYay
Last edited by Moasseman on Nov 1, 2013, 5:58:40 AM
In fact, it was possible to run game in Steam for Russian and Ukrainian regions, until 01/28/2014. It was enough to use force start command (steam://run/238960).

I created my game account through Steam, hoping at resolving question with locked regions. Now I have no opportunity to enter even through official game client. Because e-mail and password that were used to Steam not fit to enter the game. I still can login pathofexile.com through Steam account, but can't manage it. For now all my characters and stuff are blocked for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm very grateful to support community for helping me with restoring access to my account.
Special thanks to Brian, Simon and Kieren. You saved me from despondency.
Last edited by iCos on Jan 30, 2014, 5:49:18 PM
meanwhile in New Zealand
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
Have the same problem. It is really annoying. They blocked PoE in steam without any notification. It is really pisses me out. Though I can still play game in stand-alone client.

Also: there is no laws about game-trading or even e-content trading in our sad poor country.
Last edited by binariti on Jan 29, 2014, 10:45:50 AM
Same shit happened to me here in China.

I'm sure there's no license issue here, since no local publisher will be interested in this title since it's far way from pay to win mode.

It really pissed me off that the region block happened all in a sudden without any official notice at all.

Yea, I understand that I can still access the game through standalone client, I started my characters there. But after me connecting my account to Steam and spent hours to download that client again, I was suddenly region blocked for no reason without any notices? unacceptable
"
jy0276575 wrote:
Same shit happened to me here in China.

I'm sure there's no license issue here, since no local publisher will be interested in this title since it's far way from pay to win mode.

[...]

I can see this.

My guess is that Steam is executing general rules for some states, interest for them on some titles present or not. Probably to avoid any legal confrontation in general and to reduce the amount of administration needed if it would be governed by case-on-case basis.

GGG has no problem to supply access for said countries.
These issues only arise in the co-operation with Steam.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Feb 12, 2014, 9:06:44 AM
That black guy is actually a dwarf, that burger is actually really small, but damn it looks good.
Necro a bit so not even sure if still valid, but why do people even use 3rd parties (steam) in situations where you can get straight from the source.

I have a rule: Never use Steam unless I absolutely have to.
"
NightProwler wrote:
Necro a bit so not even sure if still valid, but why do people even use 3rd parties (steam) in situations where you can get straight from the source.

I have a rule: Never use Steam unless I absolutely have to.

I use it for the simple convenience of avoiding the E-Mail confirmation system.
I have a dynamic IP, changing every 24 hours. Hence this decision.

Else I agree.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Feb 12, 2014, 10:19:56 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
but Chris will make an announcement

So where's that bloody announcement?
It's already a half of year since i can't play the game through Steam. What's the problem? Don't you want my money? Or Mr. Putin doesn't allow you to russian market?
Why so nonchalant?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info