Steam Russia Region Block

"
silence2night wrote:

"Assuming" could be correct technically, but really I am pretty sure that Steam and/or Russian legislation had nothing to do with it.

1. I live in Russia and there is no law of any kind that would/could somehow ban a free-to-play game like PoE from a non-Russian digital distribution platform. Plenty of games with the exact same business model are available on Steam and via other platforms for Russian players. Not to mention that Path of Exile is also available, just not on Steam.
2. It looks pretty obvious that this was GGG's decision judging from this comment.

Oh man that really sucks, hope you get the localization soon.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 19, 2014, 10:26:19 AM
Holy necro thread Batman
I dont see any any key!
"
Disrupted wrote:
Oh man that really sucks, hope you get the localization soon.

I would actually pay to NOT get any kind of localization and just play the game on Steam.
I too would like to play a proper version of this game, not some localisation. Any news on the topic? The old way of installing Path of Exile through steam://install/238960 command does not work in Russia anymore.
You cant play. You have to kill ukrania
"
sanleon wrote:
You cant play. You have to kill ukrania

Actually I just checked and Path of Exile seems to be unavailable in Ukrainian Steam too. So I assume it's not about politics but some bad "localisation" ideas instead.
still no good and clear answer?
They said they can't. That likely hasn't changed. Probably has to do with having their game available on the rest of the world's Steam store. All you can do is hang in there. You might actually ask Steam what's up. Maybe they will give you some info. Probably not.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hi there,

We are currently unable to release any information about this but Chris will make an announcement as soon as this information becomes available. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Stay tuned for the announcement guys.
Bumping, because this is such a cop out. You said you would explain the situation.. So please do so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info