Steam Russia Region Block

Hello.
Steam version is blocked for me. I can play this game if i use standalone client, but i cant see this game on steam. Will it be opened?
Last bumped on May 19, 2016, 9:49:46 PM
Hi there,

We are currently unable to release any information about this but Chris will make an announcement as soon as this information becomes available. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
I'm really disappointed about blocking PoE in steam. I live in Ukraine. I can purchase in-game item. I have personal rule: I buy only via steam (It'seasy and only one account for all games).

Currently I have not such possibility.

Let me guess what happens (smart marketer in action doing wrong again):
1. Steam is just marketplace and all blocking are added by publishers.
2. So, Grinding Gear Games is publisher and I guess they(you) forbid store transaction and availablility to play as F2P.
3. Or in our sad region one of our local publishers bought right to distribute PoE to us. (I do not require translation or local servers with strange local people) and prohibit local people to play in world wide version.

I guess second or third option are close to truth. And so sad have such limitation in steam.
"
3. Or in our sad region one of our local publishers bought right to distribute PoE to us.

I'm afraid it's true.
Hopefully this gets fixed soon...
So do we, the guys who are blocked from steam the first time... Can we move our characters from our accounts now to steam or something, ya know... when this thing is sorted out... or do we need to start over?
"
tutik79 wrote:
"
3. Or in our sad region one of our local publishers bought right to distribute PoE to us.

I'm afraid it's true.

I'm almost certain its not. My guess would be that it's more to do with legal or taxation related issues. Doing business in/with Russia is filled with bureaucratic road blocks for outsiders.
Meanwhile in Mother RUSSIA

Spoiler
@Stodderkonge
"
IvanoffAlex wrote:
I'm really disappointed about blocking PoE in steam. I live in Ukraine. I can purchase in-game item. I have personal rule: I buy only via steam (It'seasy and only one account for all games).

Currently I have not such possibility.

Let me guess what happens (smart marketer in action doing wr
ong again):
1. Steam is just marketplace and all blocking are added by publishers.
2. So, Grinding Gear Games is publisher and I guess they(you) forbid store transaction and availablility to play as F2P.
3. Or in our sad region one of our local publishers bought right to distribute PoE to us. (I do not require translation or local servers with strange local people) and prohibit local people to play in world wide version.

I guess second or third option are close to truth. And so sad have such limitation in steam.

No offense but that is your own silly personal rule, you can still play it so stop complaining. Why you even like steam god knows, how I hate that other games I play are steam only, worst client ever...
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
personally i refrain from using steam myself, many games in my region are blocked off(eastern eu), you are better off using microtransaction shop via this website instead
"
stodderkonge wrote:
Meanwhile in Mother RUSSIA

Spoiler

Meanwhile in USA

On topic: Hope it gets sorted for you guys.
Went D1 -> D2 -> D3 -> PoE. Natural progression...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info