Spectral Throw

whenever I try and use it, to me, feels like the skill needs to do at least 35-50% more damage than it does right now, thats how bad it is. Its literally diabolical.
Please show some love for spectral throw. It is my favourite skill in the game. I cant believe that boring ass builds like SRS are so dominating right now and fun skills like ST are in such a weak state.
Please for the love of Kuduku buff Spectral Throw!

I have been playing low life spectral since Bloodlines. My witch is currently level 95 in standard pushing the absolute dps limits of crit spectral throw without any mirrored items.

In parties the damage output is noticeably worse than most other builds. Spectral is six linked and supported by empowered auras wrath anger and even hatred. Yet it still feels very weak in 3-6 player parties... more like a support build rather than a damage build. If my build feels weak then certainly any lesser spectral build (non low life/ or non crit / no crown of eyes) will be extremely weak.

I am not surprised that almost nobody plays ST anymore. The skill gem itself really needs some adjustment to damage effectiveness in order to be more comparable to other high dps skills like SRS and bow skills.
been a while since I've tried Spectral Throw. Since this nerf you all did its just bad in HC. I have access to really good gear from Standard/HC old chars. Even with best gear its still not great for HC league imho. Why such a huge nert to this awesome skill? I guess from reading its been like this for a while.. seems like a easy thing to rebalance. Please fix :D

Cheers
I'd like to see this skill get some attention, too. Mostly because it is unique.

So many skills are just minor variations of each other (with the biggest variation being cosmetic!).

This skill has no variation.
Wash your hands, Exile!
How does it work as the trigger skill for a Projectile focused Cast on Crit build, Not using it for it's own damage but to get out low mana GMP freezing pulses and Etherial knives?
cast on crit works pretty well with it still.

I think the new buff combined with the spectral throw trigger gem may make phys spectral throw viable again. Buzzsaw was still decent if you ask me, and should be more than viable now.
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
I did the mistake and leveled with Spectral Throw after the 20% more damage buff and the Pierce support gem buff. I thought it would be viable.

First off the damage, esp. single target is so low that I need ~20s to kill a rare mob (while leveling with bought weapons.. no way to level self-found reasonably). Switching out LMP for Pierce doesn't help too much either and is really annoying in the long run. Furthermore one needs to stand stationary more or less to get the maximum potential from ST.

Then there is the problem that you need to go Ranger/Shadow to scale ST to a good amount of damage (read: AoE damage) so you can't get much life and on top of that you need to get EV/Dodge instead of Armour which is the worst defense mechanic in the game paired with how low life you get from the right half of the tree.

What really annoys me though is that there is a huge power creep in PoE with new spells, e.g. Earthquake, Blade Vortex, Ice Traps, and most of the old spells are still unplayable/underplayed.

My suggestions would be to allow multiple projectiles of the same attack hit a single target without internal CD (Shotgun). Also increase the travel speed of the projectiles and increase its damage by 10-20% more.

TL/DR: ST still does no damage. Ev still sucks. Should have leveled BV/EQ build with armour....

IGN: NautyJugg
Last edited by tayfun369 on Mar 6, 2016, 4:30:15 PM
Decided to roll a physical spectral throw for perandus soft core. leveled with it and everything. Leveling went pretty decently until nearish the end of cruel where my purchased weapon was starting to fall off.

Once i hit 64 I got two of my core uniques, the new Verunastra sword, as well as a alphas howl. I had merciless izaro solo'd at level 71, and killed my first atziri last night at level 80 (with a 5 link and level 18/19 gems with 0% quality still)

Running ST as dead eye seems to help a lot, and the new flasks make running EV feel pretty satisfying. I've got ~4k life and upgraded to a lightning coil after atziri to add even more mitigation to the build, having no trouble dumpstering content despite tooltip DPS being shit.
Last edited by FenrirsVice on Mar 12, 2016, 9:52:40 AM
Hi, all.

So what about weappon range?

The quastion was:
"
can you say whether projectile size for spectral throw is 4 for 1h and 5 for 2h, or does it follow the base melee range of weapons:

The anwser:
"
The projectile's size in units is directly based on the actual base range of the weapon (from it's type).

What? 4/5 range - based on type (1h/2h), 4-7 - allso base on type (1h-sword, 2-h mace, etc.)

So what about this answer was?

Wiki said -4/5 without confirm.
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Last edited by Radonegskyprotiv on Mar 16, 2016, 3:30:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info