Cast when Damage Taken

"
Fusion_Power wrote:
"
Upforsale wrote:
This Gem is totally ridiculous, I can't see how alphamembers could ever try this out and think "this is good as it is".

It's good as it is.
I'm not a "pro gamer" that has uber-equip and skill to squeeze out everything out of the game. Of course this support gem can be powerful but don't forget there may be 90% "non pro" gamers that also want some fun. Call them casual, call them noobs but everyone has the right to play this game and GGG can't only balance PoE for some small elite players that want an huge challenge.
Since I can use CWDT I have fun again with my Melee Marauder.
You can trust me that it was not that fun to play PoE as Melee, Single Player, Selffound Chara way through Merciless. Not you finaly can have some fun again as Melee, Why people want to destroy that fun? If you don't like this skill, don't use it or play Ranged and/or a dodge evasion chara where CODT doesn't even make sense at all.

I don't want to suffer from nerfs that are basicly only because some hardcore gamers can abuse every game mechanic up to the astronomical values to faceroll through the game. Normal players always suffer from that, I know that, they nerfed my beloved bear traps TWICE! New Ranger build needed, no big deal but it was absolutely unnecessary.

If it was that easy I'd be all for having all sorts of overpowered stuff in the game.
Problem is, that if you leave those things on their own, a lot of players (casuals as well) will shift towards them. Which is bad for the diversity of the game, but also has a very negative effect on all players that don't play that build, since such builds will farm much better and the selfregulating market prizes will become unaffordable if you cannot keep up with those.

And that's not to say that I disagree with what you say. Melee chars haven't been that good in the beta - exactly for the same reasons. (game being built around stronger builds, making it hard for other/creative stuff).
I really hope they find ways to balance lots of different stuff without creating too much dependence on certain skills/supports/passives, over the course of patching this game.
This gem is imbalanced, op, and its blatant obvious.
I found one really early and BY ACCIDENT linked it with Molten Shell, Reju Totem and Warlords Cry. When before it was hard for me end cruel, im blazing through early merci now.

Totally bonkers. Needs a nerf. Especially the weird progression is a problem (you know, where ppl want to keep it at lvl 1).
Maybe they should change the "less damage" to a less effectiveness.
This would force people to actually leveling the gem instead of just running with a level 1.
The effectiveness would affect everything on the linked skill, so less armor from molten shell, less duration on immortal call, less endurance charges gained from enduring cry and so on.

"
Frozen_Beans wrote:

If it was that easy I'd be all for having all sorts of overpowered stuff in the game.
Problem is, that if you leave those things on their own, a lot of players (casuals as well) will shift towards them. Which is bad for the diversity of the game, but also has a very negative effect on all players that don't play that build, since such builds will farm much better and the selfregulating market prizes will become unaffordable if you cannot keep up with those.

Well I diddn't start a new chara just for using this skill, I just strumbled over it and suddenly my Marauder was useful. ^^ I doubt that everyone now will use this skill, would be boring but even if so, it's not an auto nerf imho just because a Skill combination may be useful in the game.
I remember all these Sporker and Discharge Builds, never used these, needs good Items n stuff, nothing I would have. Not sure if these builds are still valid but I have not read much about complainings about these builds.

I can agree that CWDT could need more mana costs. But every other nerf could kill this support gem and there are enough skillgems in PoE that nobody uses.

But how I know GGG they will nerf this skill to the ground, I see it coming like some percentage value so that the skill only has a CHANCE to trigger.
That's why I am disappointed about the cast on crit gem. It basicly never triggers for my Ranger, I guess you need uber-crit chance and a level 20 gem to even make it useful. Please don't let CWDT be so poor like cast on crit.
A lot of people are over-reacting to how OP this gem is. It's clearly a step above the power level of other options, but I think if GGG saw this gem as blatantly, game-breakingly overpowered, they would probably have hot-fixed it in one of the post-release patches, leaving players with as little time to get settled in with the gem as it is as possible. Judging from the 1.0.1 roadmap, they're still going full-steam ahead on new gem development, which means they're either not dedicating any time working on this gem, or what changes they do have planned are minor tweaks that don't require a lot of coding or testing.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Please tell me that linking this to spell totem and auras gives you one super aura with no mana reserved for the cost of 1 extra link. That's how it works, right?
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
Please tell me that linking this to spell totem and auras gives you one super aura with no mana reserved for the cost of 1 extra link. That's how it works, right?

Sorry to dissapoint you, but no. It will give you a totem, that will cast one super aura ;). But yeah, if you happen to be in range of the aura and the totem will not die, you have the Aura effect to.
ign: UpForJava
"
gilrad wrote:
[..]I think if GGG saw this gem as blatantly, game-breakingly overpowered, they would probably have hot-fixed it in one of the post-release patches, leaving players with as little time to get settled in with the gem as it is as possible.

GGG basically never does this. They've always been slow and deliberate about changes to the game.
this set up is glitched with smoke mine no doubt about that. really would like a dev response on this because in theory, the set up should work....and something is interacting with cotd and smoke mine as mentioned below:

even if its not supposed to work as i intended (drop a mine when u surpass the damage threshold on codt) which it SHOULD considering smoke mine IS a spell, having it DELETE the MANUALLY placed mine on damage taken should not happen at all.

meaning...........CoDT IS interacting with smoke mine by deleting said manually placed mine, its just doing the complete opposite of what it SHOULD do in my theory....which is DROP a mine, then i can manually detonate it when/if i need to

its a bug one way or the other, so can someone from ggg please respond? i really want to use this "trickster" build as id call it
The crying people will prolly make this gem into the same state chance to flee is: usless...Please atleast do not nerf it to the ground i know for sure the nerfs are commin.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info