Cast when Damage Taken

"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
I think it's really telling that all the supposedly 'OP' standard combo of Molten Shell + Enduring Cry does is automate the annoying task of maintaining uptime of defensive buffs.

you are forgetting

1) happens when you are taking damage = when you need buffs the most.
2) no cast time (thus cannot be interrupted)
3) no mana cost

Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on Oct 30, 2013, 11:11:57 PM
I found a link to a level 16 gem. Only 10% less damage, but you need to take 2280 damage before it goes off.

Just to be sure, this requires the damage to actually get through evade, block, and reduction, right?
IGN: Iolar
Last edited by BRavich on Oct 30, 2013, 11:38:20 PM
Why does this support gem work with totems but not mines or traps?
IGN: Rumthorp
Stream Channel: www.twitch.tv/rumthorp
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Rumthorp
Last edited by Rumthorp on Oct 30, 2013, 11:50:36 PM
I feel like the direction this gem should go is keeping the same scaling damage modifier, but instead of operating at a static HP value, it should be 20% of maximum HP at all levels or something like that.
IGN: Iolar

Can someone confirm if this gem setup: ->Cast When Damage Taken linked with Immortal Call<- helps mitigate the reflect damage? I was thinking if this could help Physical CI characters (like Shadow CI Crit Dagger) without the need of Vaal Pact.

I'm thankful for answers
cheers
Could a valid use of this be to link CoDT to rejuv totem and then use blood rage? Would the chaos degen from blood rage proc the rejuv totem in this case and give you a source of life regen as a result?

"
mojoz wrote:
Could a valid use of this be to link CoDT to rejuv totem and then use blood rage? Would the chaos degen from blood rage proc the rejuv totem in this case and give you a source of life regen as a result?

DoT does not trigger the gem.
"
Rumthorp wrote:
Why does this support gem work with totems but not mines or traps?

This.
Traps and Mines are listed as spells.
"
nijukiller wrote:

Can someone confirm if this gem setup: ->Cast When Damage Taken linked with Immortal Call<- helps mitigate the reflect damage? I was thinking if this could help Physical CI characters (like Shadow CI Crit Dagger) without the need of Vaal Pact.

I'm thankful for answers
cheers

Yes, it helps, though you should be able to survive reflect from your own hit, otherwise you'll be oneshotted. Pop-up Granite would be a good idea anyways.

Still, i find Vaal Pact pretty mandatory. Immortal Call wont save you from elemental damage, and it isnt very reliable because of Enduring Cry cooldown (4 sec). When you take heavy elemental damage, immortal call can proc twice, and second one will override first, thus resulting to 0.20 duration (because Enduring Cry has CD, while Immortal Call hasnt). As a bonus, you canspend few extra points to take Unwavering Stance, so you will be able to use good rare amulet (not crappy Chayuya).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Does it work with righteous fire dmg?

As far as i know its a kind of fire degen and degen is not working with dmg taken support.

Can anyone confirm this?
English is my third language, there will be bugs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info