Cast on Crit

"
neoxaro wrote:
CoC build will be nerfed a lot with The awakning and skills which will can't shotgun no ?

Depends on skills used.
Fireball/Arctic Breath, for example, would still benefit from some kind of "shotgun" against clustered enemies.
Still, that "nerf" is justified. "Shotgun" makes CoC scale incredibly as number of enemies increases, which causes major imbalance (against many enemies it's far too strong, and against 1-2 enemies, it's far too weak).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Kinetic Blast is NOT a spell, and neither is Ranged Attack Totem. They are both attacks, and my tooltip says that KB is supported by everything in this chain but the spell that CoCS is linked to, but it still won't work. :(

It won't even let me use Kinetic Blast at all, unless I either take out RAT or CoCS. That sucks!
Supports add all their modifiers to the linked Skill. Ranged Attack Totem adds the whole Totem component, which involves, drumroll, casting a Spell. :)

Hm... In the Beta version, Totem Summoning is no longer considered Spellcasting... Curious.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 7, 2015, 2:36:23 PM
If the whole ranged attack totem component involves casting a spell, then the gem should say that, dammit!

Well if it doesn't count RAT as a spell in the beta, then...maybe this skill chain would work?
You really really should add the cooldown of this support gem in the desciption to avoid confusion and frustration.
"Con only occur every X seconds"
This gem shouldn't trigger character 'skill on cd' voice line at all.
That is the most annoying thing I ever had in pve.
It is needed that the triggering attack originates from you, therefore RATs don't count :/ .

Notice the "you" in the description of the CoC gem:
"
"Supported attacks have a XX% chance to cast supported spells when YOU crit an enemy"

In the context of a Totemed Skill, "you" refers to the Totem. The issue is that the Attack used by said Totem doesn't have any Spells linked to it; after all, it has to be a different Skill from the one you have socketed, and Totems don't have gear.
I was mostly curious whether it will let you place the Totems now; that it still wouldn't work in a practical sense is something I was aware of :)
This skill can be used for chat spam.
At some point in history PoE twitch chats were full of "My CoC is bigger..." Such copypasta often involved references to Mind over Matter passive.
Есть один путь - найух!
Probably one of the most stupid things I have ever seen in a game, why is this even a thing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info