Cast on Crit

I don't really get it, if i'm about to use Arc as my main attack spell with this setup
(Arc)->(CoC)->(GMP/LMP)->(Spell Echo)->(Arctic Breath)->(Fireball)
how it'd work, if it would at all?

UPD: Nvm, got it, Arc is not an Attack (which is weirdo... oh well).
Last edited by Vankesidi on Sep 10, 2014, 6:48:17 AM
Instead of Arc, (if you use wand) go for Barrage+chain+CoC+Spell+Spell+Spell,
while chaining also it might trigger (look for 11% base crit wand)... don't worry about other mods

My Wand is 10.48%
Spoiler

But this base crit does not apply to spell crit, it only applies to your attack skill
Can we use this support gem with lightning Trap and fire trap? If we can; then is it bypass trap capacity?
CoC only works on attack
Trap is throwing on ground not attacking
Even if you Aim a monster for trap, you are still throwing a trap at the foot of the monster
So it will not work

But Fire Trap says "Spell" may be you should try to throw a trap while you crit, but you cannot bypass the trap number limit and cooldown same for cold snap.
The Skill that a Fire Trap uses is a Spell - laying a Trap is not a Spell. You cannot trigger Trap Gems.
Question: Do the supported spells always crit or do they roll the chance to crit separately to the initial crit.
Skills roll Crit per activation - this includes activation by Triggers.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 29, 2014, 11:05:15 AM
question; if I get a crit using a attack spell on a 6L for example, might that also trigger another coc i.e. on a 4L shield? ... in theory, is it possible to have like 4 different coc triggering different linked spells and will there be any penalty for this?
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
question; if I get a crit using a attack spell on a 6L for example, might that also trigger another coc i.e. on a 4L shield? ... in theory, is it possible to have like 4 different coc triggering different linked spells and will there be any penalty for this?
linked attack casts linked spells. So no, cant trigger on a different set of links and cant cast from another spell.
I have a question:

Here is a hypothetical situation.
Say you are running a CoC-Cleave-Ice Nova.
Your Cleave crits, and your Cast on Crit also triggered successfully, causing you to use an Ice Nova.
Your Ice Nova also crits.
Can the critical strike of your Ice Nova trigger subsequent casts of CoC?

If yes: does this prove true for all other abilities, or only certain ones?
If no: are there any abilities that can continue triggering cast on crit?

Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for reading this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info