Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Cast on Crit

Cast on Crit triggers when the linked Attack causes a Crit. It's right there in the description.
Ice Nova is not an Attack. There are no Attacks that you can Trigger with CoC.
Give CoC 30% Less Attack speed, Cast speed and damage, and it will start being a little balanced..

Some might cry, but the reality is a well built CoC will have vastly more power than other builds at their gear level, and still they are some of the best scaling builds even after recent changes.

In other words, they are out of balance, even now. All you need is decent attackspeed and a good crit chance, then you can break game with CoC. It is simply not balanced like other abilities/gems. You don't even need the crit multiplier or the ultra huge attack speed in order to break the balance.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Give CoC 30% Less Attack speed, Cast speed and damage, and it will start being a little balanced..

Some might cry, but the reality is a well built CoC will have vastly more power than other builds at their gear level, and still they are some of the best scaling builds even after recent changes.

In other words, they are out of balance, even now. All you need is decent attackspeed and a good crit chance, then you can break game with CoC. It is simply not balanced like other abilities/gems. You don't even need the crit multiplier or the ultra huge attack speed in order to break the balance.

You do realize they gimped throughput by 50-80% with 1.3, right? That cool down absolutely butchers most CoC builds, and CoC with wands basically no longer exists because of it.
Does a failed cast due to the "Chance to Cast" count as a cast towards the 0.05 cooldown?
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
No
disapointed, i thought this like applied globally, it doesn't. so you need to build around it. and people do, and that's neat, if you have about 40ex. aside from that, not really sure why it's in the game since it's kind of a lie, the cast when damage taken gems can work linked to themselves, in comparison to anything else, this idea falls shy until you have a PoC or a CoC build and can afford a volls to use it, for any newbie out there hoping it worked as a global kind of feature, nothing but sadness.
CoC is still broken as f*ck. With a minimum of gear investment, you clear 78 maps and even Atziri like Docks, Reflect is hardly a problem. Why would anyone even go selfcast if CoC offers at least 100% more damage? CoC builds (+Burn Prolif builds) are ridiculously broken, I hope this will get adressed until 1.4.
I think the effectiveness of CoC(may also CWS and CWDT) should be gated by both attack speed and cast speed, not attack speed and a manual setting threshold(cooldown) -

Cast on Critical Strike
100% chance to cast supported spell on critical strike
1% increased cast speed per attack speed
(100+lvl*10)% more cast speed

No further casting will be made until the current one is complete.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
I think CoC is fine with one exception: the shotgun effect at close range.

For instance if a skill like Spectral Throw has GMP linked, the damage at close range is not multiplied by the number of projectiles. Only the damage from one projectile counts.

On the other hand, there is no such thing with spells cast with CoC. If CoC is linked with GMP and a spell, all 5 projectiles will deal damage at close range.

Am I wrong here? This to me seems ridiculous since CoC puts other builds with good AoE to shame when it comes to single target DPS.
CoC build will be nerfed a lot with The awakning and skills which will can't shotgun no ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info