24 Hour Endless Ledge

It was a very hard race, i couldnt find proper gear for a long time, i found no useful supports, didnt find any auras and just 1 useful skill, detonate dead, this made things a lot harder.

Eventually found decent pieces of gear, ended up with ~1.600 life, 600+ evasion, 200 armor, and around 50 to all resistances. My dps was low because i couldnt find any good bows, i invested ~60% increased porj damage in tree and 24% increased elemental damage only to end up quite low dps (200 for split arrow) this made clearing areas very time consuming and difficult.

Gear
Spoiler

If you want to make this type of race more accessible to people you guys should buff the item drop rate, the orb drop rate and skill/support drop rate for these races. I spent as much time as everyone above me playing and i am quite a few levels below because i didnt get any decent weapon and im not the only one who went through this, maybe buffing the drop rates might make the races a bit easier. (That is if you want to make the races a bit easier haha)

I also suggest you let players farm the same area, i couldnt farm areas higher than 42, where i was struggling pretty hard anyway, so reseting the instance every time paired with low dps cost me a few spots unfortunately :(

I understand the idea of a continuous progression and in theory its very cool, but in practice, well look at the ladder and the thousands of greyed out names, people went straight forward through the content and of course arrived at an area that was too hard even though they cleared the previous ones completely.

You might want to look at maybe expanding the actual levels so players can get more XP in them, or just place more areas that increase by 1, not 2 levels.

I enjoyed the race very much though as it is, i did have a hissy fit once in a while since i couldnt find any gear, but i was determined to complete it anyway, it was very hard in my opinion, one of the most memorable races ive participated in.

Great race idea, i like the "famine" stuff, a league like this should be very interesting.

PS: my god 24 hours of endless ledge.. my eyes are bleeding and my back hurts, (i dont understand how streamers do this so often) what i wrote here might or might no make sense since im completely spent
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 21, 2013, 3:50:17 AM
Rolled bow shadow, no deaths, ended at lvl 40 in the 46 zone. Xp was getting progressively poorer, enough so that i most likely would have had to start timeout-resetting zones, and the monster life/damage was so ridiculously overtuned by that point that i needed 10-20 shots to kill a single blue monster, while some whites could 3-4 shot me and half the rares were doing more than half my life on each of the few desynced hits they landed.

Drops were mostly awful. Why isnt the currency drop rate increased for these events? 1 alch and 1 chaos thoughout the entire event left me using severely underpowered blue trash until lvl 32. Found 2 unique melee weapons and probably 30-40 melee rares, but only one rare bow, though its roll mostly made up for the lack. Flasks were the only thing that dropped reliably thoughout the event. Also, not a single chromatic orb dropped from start to finish.

Frenzy, ranged attack totem, bear trap and temporal chains were the usable gems i found, and theres absolutely no way id have gotten as far as i did without them. Beartrap was doing more damage than any of my main attacks, and that combined with chains allowed me to stall nasty rares and bosses almost indefinitely (mana running out being the almost) while my totem and i slowly grinded them down.

I skipped asphyxia after reading about her 1-shot powers, and had to kite stormflay back across the entire map since she was always moving fast enough to teleport-desync and a single one of her three projectiles was doing 750+ damage. None of the other bosses were particularly terrible, though im fairly sure almost any of them from the lvl 30 zone onwards could have 2-shot me if id let them get close enough to actually land hits. I also reset grappler zones every time as ive seen them 1-shot my other high life, max lit res race characters before and didnt feel the need to repeat the experience.

This event was fun once (until around the lvl 40 zone, anyway), but not something id want to repeat with the current tediousness of terrible currency drops and wall of life/damage monster stats later on. The ironman part is great fun and a 1-2 week event or permanent league of this sort would likely be hugely popular if the above-mentioned issues were worked out.

Main Gear:

Alt Slot:

Frenzy DPS: 450
ROA DPS: 300
Beartrap DPS: 550
Totem DPS: 200

Life: 1000

/played: 6 hours, 45 minutes

GG all, see you next season!
IGN: KoTao
Died at 43. Oh well. Don't play when you're only half awake kids.

Oh, and look at this sword:

Also, melee shadow 4 lyfe!!!!
Last edited by ifarmpandas on Oct 20, 2013, 12:01:52 PM
my staff drop :\
"
psyphr wrote:
my staff drop :\

dats hawt
My Gear as a Posion Arrow Firetrapper, swapped to IB at lvl 37 using weapon swaps constatly.
First race I've tried - it was fun! Made it to #98. :)

Got Asphyxia down to about 50% basically without taking damage on my Marauder, then insta-died, even with 75% cold resist. D:
Last edited by Raynadon on Oct 20, 2013, 2:03:12 PM
Insta gibbed by asphyxia on level 36 with my 34 melee duelist

was fun

S L O W E R
Died at 45 started today at 11 am or so. I think I pushed it too hard. I was in a lvl 50 zone and took no life nodes, just dmg. Never found an aura, so my dmg, despite good gear was pretty average.

gear:

Spoiler
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Oct 20, 2013, 3:04:55 PM
Super fun race.

twitch.tv/nugiyen (Live almost everyday from 15.00 +1 GMT)
follow @nugiyen on twitter
www.youtube.com/nugiyen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info