24 Hour Endless Ledge

"
Hilbert wrote:
Bosses:
The elemental in the level 36 zone. Only 2 players claimed to have survived an AB hit. One said he had 1.3k HP and 75 cold and still lost 80-90% hp-->That's reef map damage. Other players skipped the boss.
The Whipping Miscreation in the level 40 zone.-->Same issue here 90% damage from 1 hit at full res.

Make it three! I survived with less than 800 HP and 75 cold resist.. offscreen and I was coming from below >.<. Resulted in instant logout though. After the instance had reset, I had a forest ledge in which I managed to not pull it. But I agree!

The whipping boss was also out of balance, killed it with Fire Trap and Shockwave Totem.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Also the only layout having a Bosszone hint is the original ledge(The hill).

That is simply not correct. In the jungle ledge, it is almost easier as you can see on the minimap very early that there is a giant rock in the water, separating the land from the water. That only happens at the boss. I don't know about the Sarn ledge.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Oct 21, 2013, 2:24:02 AM
I have 4 dead chars in this race:

lvl 25 duelist
lvl 32 duelist
lvl 31 marauder
lvl 34 ranger

My final char was lvl 34 ranger. I didn't die to 36 zone boss Asphyxia. She almost one shot me when I had 787 life and 74% cold res. I died in 38 zone (boss was the Gorilla). I could go to 40 zone but I didn't because it was already very hard to kill in 38 zone.

This is my final gear of my lvl 34 ranger:

And these are some of the goodies I have found with my other chars:

IGN: Enkel
Enkel's Renewed Quality Shop - 1: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/804756
Enkel's Renewed Quality Shop - 2: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/964835
Enkel's Accessories - 1 (Jewellery): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806716
"
Fireknight wrote:

HOW DO YOU GATHER 4 UNIQUES IN LESS THAN 24 HRS?
Hateful post.
Last edited by Kaskar on Oct 21, 2013, 2:54:57 AM
A few post-finish comments:

- 1st place: Anyone could have lucked out with la/lmp/wed, not everyone could have successfully ridden it to victory. Grats to nugi on that. Interesting to see a couple players looped the mode too.

- Gear: Comparing others final gear to my own, its pretty obvious that im currently about as far out of the rng gods favor as its possible to be. Ill have to remember to sacrifice some orbs in his dread name before the next season starts.

- Desync: Apparently my friend this race, as i thought it was asphyxias melee and not her orb that was 1-shotting people. I took 5 or so direct orbs during the battle as i wasnt really trying to avoid them, and not one of them did any damage. Guess theres no complaining about the netcode this time round.

"
Qarl wrote:
The popularity of this league far exceeded my expectations for it. We'll look at making some changes to it to make it better for long runs, and run another in the future sometime.

Its pure old fashioned arpg goodness- just nonstop random areas, random monsters and random loot. Whats not to like?

Some suggestions for any future longterm EL events:

- Increased currency and gem drops. Not so much that everyone ends up with cookie cutter builds and godly rares, but as is the drop rate doesnt feel much (or at all) improved compared to the standard modes, and progression becomes miserable for characters stuck in mostly blues with unsupported main skills from 30~ on.

- Adjust the tilesets for the sarn ledge a bit. Sometimes they spawned open areas that rivaled the main leagues pools and streams zone in size. Also, add a strand template, similar to the map version.

- Check over the all bosses and make sure theyre not using map level skills or whatnot. Seems there were only a couple like that in this event, but it also looks like they got a majority of the later kills with their bugged abilities.

- Improve the xp curve of later zones so resets arent needed. Having to wait to reset areas isnt fun, and being able to reset them freely would trivialize the mode.

- Increase the zone level cap to 100!
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Oct 21, 2013, 3:30:09 AM
"
Kaskar wrote:
"
Fireknight wrote:

HOW DO YOU GATHER 4 UNIQUES IN LESS THAN 24 HRS?

I have found 4 uniques too and I believe I played around 16-17 hours.
IGN: Enkel
Enkel's Renewed Quality Shop - 1: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/804756
Enkel's Renewed Quality Shop - 2: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/964835
Enkel's Accessories - 1 (Jewellery): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806716
THIS RACE WAS SICK !!!
Good job on this one, I came back this WE just for it, and i'm so motivated for the new leagues !!!!!!! Damn you GGG !!
ign : Orbist_Lightning
"
KoTao wrote:
- Improve the xp curve of later zones so resets arent needed. Having to wait to reset areas isnt fun, and being able to reset them freely would trivialize the mode.

Or increase the size of the zones as the level increases and/or switch to a level increase of 1 per zone at some point around 30. Don't remember exactly when I started being underlevelled but around 30 I think.
I managed to skip Asphyxia completely in my run. :D

On the LS whip boss, I don't think it's too far out of balance. Its normal hits did like 500ish damage to me, and I only had about 65% light res. The flamespitter dog boss does about the same over 1s.

Also, while not directly related to this league, I think Reave should be buffed. I kinda understand how people like other AoE skills better since you can't do anything else while you're using reave. This is made apparent in this league where you sometimes need to fire trap kite dangerous mobs. With reave, you have to build up stacks again for it to do anything after dropping traps. Any other AoE skill you can weave in traps in between your attacks. Personally I think Reave should drop 1 stack at a time when timing out, and you instantly lose half your stacks rounded up when you use another skill. This way, you can do stuff like Enduring Cry/Fire Trap/Smoke Mine in emergencies.

But ya, in general, this league was pretty fun. Funny part was everyone in global crying about melee not being able to compete. Someone even told me I leveled my reave gem in a second set instead of using it. Lol. I probably could have stayed in top 10-20 if I didn't kill myself doing stupid shit while half-awake. Like Dominion said, it was interesting playing with very little support gems. If I had a multistrike, my Reave would be godly. Instead, all I had was chance to ignite for Fire Trap, which is decent, but nothing gamechanging.

On the topic of gear, here's mine:

The claw and gloves are probably the only decent items I managed to find. I was stuck with a shitty belt and ring for most of the race. I'm pretty sure I had that ring since the first ledge too.
Last edited by ifarmpandas on Oct 21, 2013, 6:37:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info