24 Hour Endless Ledge

So, after my lvl28 Ranger death at the start of the race, then dying at 20ish on my rerolled Reave-turned-Freeze Pulse Shadow, and going to bed for 10 hours, I thought I would try a Marauder since I've never played one before...

#50 overall. #10 Marauder :D

Spoiler

Some other notable gear I found.

Spoiler

After deciding early on to o 2H Mace I dropped my Cleave gem. Cursed myself for doing that when I found the Shiversting as I had no AoE gem to use with it. Used it on slot II with Heavy Strike and it was more single target dps than any weapon I found after that :(.

Went with Ground Slam/Glacial Hammer complemented with Fire Trap. Found a qual Bear Trap later which made things a little easier.

Shitty about the Blood Dance. Would have taken me another 4 hours to get the levels to use them since I was 6 levels below the zone and my dps was so shit I couldn't clear fast enough.

Oh well.

GG Nugi for clocking the game :P Great to see (hear) Dom back playing too. Grats to him for clocking it first :P
Incursion: @Ironclination
Hardcore: @Unbereavabre
Standard: @Halgondas @Risendelle @Risendell @SummonRangaSpirits

best RNG i ever had in any race...final stats 1300hp/200es & 850 burning arrow dps
also, never realize how good blind is until today
"
Brigs wrote:

This and a 12% Multistrike. Died to 36 Boss Bug.

Here's a video of the boss in all his bugginess...

Here's the same story not with 500 HP...

http://i.imgur.com/jI2eIcL.jpg
GG GGG
"
rubisko wrote:

That's just sick!
"
Iboga wrote:
"
Brigs wrote:

This and a 12% Multistrike. Died to 36 Boss Bug.

Here's a video of the boss in all his bugginess...

Here's the same story not with 500 HP...

http://i.imgur.com/jI2eIcL.jpg

How does one only have 500HP on a Marauder...?
This league is pretty cool I hope it makes a permanent addition as a self found league with actual rewards.
2spooky4me
The popularity of this league far exceeded my expectations for it. We'll look at making some changes to it to make it better for long runs, and run another in the future sometime.

Since it's Void League anyway make it possible to reach level 100 not stopping at level 60.

Also giving out more gems(only on long EL) especially drop only ones(Multistrike, Chain, Elemental Weakness) would be a good option. Not necessarily Gems to enable cookiecutterbuids.

But some point having a totem/skeletons is essential. Even it's just a regen totem.

Once you hit level 30-32(depending on mobs) even killing all mobs you will start to become underleveled.

A simple to implement method would be to check the experience progression and send the character back to the ledge of the same level if it isn't at last 4-5 levels underleveled, possible even use a button so the player may decide.

Also the "cruel equivalent of levels" shows again why PoE has no risk reward.

The droprates for orbs must be increased, like a dropslot for the mapboss at higher levels, which results in something like 4 alteration orbs dropping.

Also remove chisels and maps from the Droplist unless you plan to add TP scrolls sending you to the Eternal lab.

Here are major issues with EL:

Suiciderpacks-->Having 2 or even all 3 kind of suiciders on a Ledge results in a no drop EL.
They should be

Heavily Unbalanced Mobs:
Discharge mobs are hit too strong at early levels.
Elemental Weakness Necromancers in combination with fast elemental Damage like Cold Snap/Arc etc. Those mobs also result in an instant restart on early levels.

Bosses:
The elemental in the level 36 zone. Only 2 players claimed to have survived an AB hit. One said he had 1.3k HP and 75 cold and still lost 80-90% hp-->That's reef map damage. Other players skipped the boss.
The Whipping Miscreation in the level 40 zone.-->Same issue here 90% damage from 1 hit at full res.

Most level 3x-4x rips come from those 2 zones.

Safezones and layout.
The only ledge type having a longer safezone is the original ledge.
The jungle ledge and the sarn ledge often spawn mobs right next to you.

I would prefer a Dry Peninsula type of ledge as an Act2 layout over the Jungle.
The jungle sometimes creates big empty tiles with many trees but barely any mob.
Also pathfinding in the Jungle results in Desync several times.

Also the only layout having a Bosszone hint is the original ledge(The hill)
It's hard to estimate how far you are in the jungle/sarn layout.

Something like small rivers/bridges would be good hints. Champions alone aren't.

Fell asleep before I got a chance to post my setup:

Overall, the league was a blast. I gave up rank 1 by going to the end of zone level 60 (It loops back to level 2 after 60). Additionally, the boss for zone 36 (asphyxia) was hilariously bugged. She used the level 68 map version of her arctic breath, so she nearly 1shot me when I first passed through the zone. I returned to zone 36 after cycling through the end of EL and tested a hit from her with 75 resist (900 damage).

I would absolutely love to see a polished version of this used as a race format. The fact that you are so restricted in terms of gems (ESPECIALLY SUPPORTS) and gear make it a great challenge. A few boss adjustments and making the end of zone 60 repeatedly cycle back to a new zone 60 would be great additions.
IGN: Dominion / Clamor
Another vote for this race. It was fun to be able to take things slowly, as careful progress was more rewarding than just pushing as hard as possible.

Level progression after level 30 does get a bit tedious. Easily fixed by either changing the level up intervals or giving a 'repeat the same ledge' exit.

Gear / Gems were fine from my perspective - that was the challenge. Making a build without support gems and auras was a new experience. I ended up with a cleave Templar with added lightning, with a +1 PA on switch. I was consistently running out of wisdom scrolls and inventory space, so micro management and hard gear choices were an important part of the race.

The level 36 boss was a bit mean as people have described. A friend had told me it was coming up, so I threw on dual sapphire rings and a sapphire flask (lucky i know). I killed him with PA + fire trap, but when his hit landed, it did drop me by 90%. He only landed two hits though, and i had a seething flask to help me out.

The whipping miscreation boss on lvl 40 was a bit tough too. Again it was a kited fight with PA and fire trap. More tricky though as it moves faster.

I'd say its possible to kill both bosses with enough preparation and warning, but melee don't stand a chance, they just hit too hard.

IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
Last edited by Starlight85 on Oct 21, 2013, 1:00:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info