'supporter' titles: gimmick or money grab?

I have an ethical way for GGG to make more money. Make only normal difficulty on standard league free to play. Unlock for cruel and merc - $15. Unlock for all leagues and races - $10.

Gogo, make more money.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
"
Warhaul wrote:
I know what you mean. my page is full of $20 credit packs and I personally believe it's stupid that I can't click upgrade and get recognized for the amount of money I've actually spent on this company.

Send them an email and ask if they will cumulate them, they did so for me.

Can you elaborate a little bit? through my communication with them they would not do it unless you pay extra to get the swag that comes with the pack...

also would be nice to build your own pack... like the teddy-bear place in the mall
AintCare, please just do these two things:

1. Realize that, while support knew you've purchased microtransaction points, they did not know you owned the soundtrack, which is what caused the confusion where they accidentally offered packs for more than they should've been. They offered those packs in the first place because you were asking for titles and that is the only way to get the titles.

2. Accept that the current titles are specific to the supporter packs and start an entirely separate thread/suggestion/etc. requesting that people get alternative titles based on how much they've purchased outside of the supporter packs.
Glad I found this thread.

I decided to try out this weird idea that GGG exchanges something with you when you donate/purchase a pack.

Sure enough, I gave them some money, they gave me a new forum title and will send me some stuff.

Amazing how this works. :)

Pete
Evil Sysadmin
I'll never understand people who can accuse GGG of "money grabbing" with a straight face...
All I can read in the first post is that GGG answered you with some solutions to your problem (because it's really your problem, not theirs, you want something that you never payed for in the first place, and tbh all your reasoning is a bit confusing although I can get the general idea of having donations upgraded to a supporter pack afterwards), when like every other games devs would have answered "you didn't buy the exact pack ? Screw you then !".
IGN : @Morgoth
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
All I can read in the first post is that GGG answered you with some solutions to your problem (because it's really your problem, not theirs, you want something that you never payed for in the first place, and tbh all your reasoning is a bit confusing although I can get the general idea of having donations upgraded to a supporter pack afterwards), when like every other games devs would have answered "you didn't buy the exact pack ? Screw you then !".

I fell asleep.21 pages of lameness,and still going.Charan this troll has a certain gift,it might overthrown your unique item thread if this is going on.

But in contrary,where the other thread is pure awesomeness,this one is pure lameleness(is that even a word?).

Thats why i am suggesting this.Close this thread before Troll,becomes a giant,it is difficult to kill the troll i know.But kill it.Seriously
Bye bye desync!
i guess you could argue that all the digital content is a gimmick and a money grab

$110 USD for a shirt and keyring, top kek
Let the games begin
"
3. Wear the damn fucking title already, it cost me a pretty decent lunch and a beer!

He ain't gonna care.
Sweeping Maid
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

Not SquareEnix :D (refering to FFXIV here).

Anyhow, like it has been mentioned many times before: the problem stems from the fact that GGG chose to not give the "Open Beta Supporter" title to every person who has given a significant economic support to them during Open Beta.

That's simply just a bad choice from their part. They could instead have made a new title for what is currently the "open beta supporter" pack.

GGG is far from perfect: the legacy endgame items, the indirect support of insider trading when they claim they care about the economy in the game and this thread are clear examples. GGG is certainly though better than most companies; which includes EA, Trion, Arenanet, Blizzard, etc.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Oct 14, 2013, 6:31:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info