Kotaku unveils Path of Exile's Third Act

Can't wait for december for open beta! Really looking forward to it!
Would love beta access
"
Morsexier wrote:
Reading some of the comments really brought home for me how much times have changed for games. People who think being unable to "easily" respec is "archaic", have become the norm of society (of gamers) it seems to me.

I sometimes wish the slogan of PoE was "Complexity does not mean Complicated, Wraeclast wasn't built in a day, and neither will your Exile"

Of course times have changed. This is the era of "I want it now," "I want to be able to one-shot kill stuff." This is the "dumbed-down" and "nerfed" generation of WoW and Rift; yes, even Rift started to dumb their shit down and I find it appalling. The devs have gotten lazy, all ppl to exploit and not punish their player base and even put a micro-transaction shopping cart in game - something they vehemently said that they would NEVER do. Today's gamer wants the game to be completely easy with the highest reward payout for little to no effort put in.

Perhaps POE may be the last bastion of thought provoking, need for strategy, intelligence required kind of game for players who want a challenge with the knowledge that they can actually die unlike WoW and Rift. But then again, I've been playing games for a very long time and these are just my humble observations.

The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
There are other games like that, but most of them never make it to the mainstream. I let it for you to decide wether that is a good or a bad thing.
This game is so beautiful!
Will be a public weekend after patch 9.13. ?
Why I choose to play PoE?
Because this game worth it!
Thanks to Thyrandor.
BetaKey giveaway to silverthorn, Deadklok and whiskeycobra.
Diablo II memorial.
Can't wait :) keep up the awesome work GGG :)
When talking about game being easy, I must confess, that I mostly play single-player games on easy mode. Mainly due to the fact, that I love the story (I buy single-player games for the story), and I don't want miss it.

I don't like games that are "hard", Mario games makes me puke, when I can't get through a level if I don't press the jump button in the right second. Diablo 3 was hard in a Mario kind of way, you just had to kite, and dodge and just praying for not being hit and thereby oneshotted.

Hard is, for me, not the right word. I want games that encourage my creativity. PoE is interesting because I can make a character and see, if my build works. Of course some dodging and kiting is required, but not like D3.

When it comes to games, where you have competition, I prefer if they are easy to learn and hard to master, like Starcraft, LoL and the most FPS-games.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Also, what's up with that guy claiming to be an ex-GGG employee? Someone should post a reply to his comment along the lines of:

"Yeah, I'm also an ex-GGG employee. It's so hard to believe nobody knows this, but before Chris left Blizzard over an argument with Jay, he took the entirety of the original Diablo 3 source-code! It's why Diablo 3 had to be started over from scratch and why Path of Exile resembles Diablo 2 so much. When I was a programmer for GGG, Chris would use all of the money he earned being a board member of Blizzard to order high-class "entertainers" to the office! I was so disgusted I had to quit after the second day. Oh, and one of his rich "benefactors" is actually the owner of a kiwi meat farm, a popular delicacy in NZ."

Maybe a post along such lines might remind everyone not to be so gullible :)

My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
Also, what's up with that guy claiming to be an ex-GGG employee? Someone should post a reply to his comment along the lines of:

"Yeah, I'm also an ex-GGG employee. It's so hard to believe nobody knows this, but before Chris left Blizzard over an argument with Jay, he took the entirety of the original Diablo 3 source-code! It's why Diablo 3 had to be started over from scratch and why Path of Exile resembles Diablo 2 so much. When I was a programmer for GGG, Chris would use all of the money he earned being a board member of Blizzard to order high-class "entertainers" to the office! I was so disgusted I had to quit after the second day. Oh, and one of his rich "benefactors" is actually the owner of a kiwi meat farm, a popular delicacy in NZ."

Maybe a post along such lines might remind everyone not to be so gullible :)

I think it's for real, this should be his info:

(Edited by Chris: Let's not post people's personal info here, thanks!)

The way he writes, I'm not surprised if he got fired fast.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I thought you quoted the other guy :D - Didn't read is, just assumed. Your quote however, Is obvious fake, haha:)
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Last edited by Chris on Oct 16, 2012, 2:06:34 PM
These anti-no-respec commenters confound me. They don't remember that respecs were impossible in Diablo II, the game considered the gold standard for ARPGs. Suddenly D2 is "broken" and its devs have made "abhorrent" design decisions.
Last edited by BurnOutBrighter on Oct 16, 2012, 2:46:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info