Kotaku unveils Path of Exile's Third Act

Plenty more information on act three will be posted in the coming days!

Edit: Here are high resolution versions of the four images they used:
The Map of Sarn
Maramoa
Combat in the Solaris Temple
Town
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Oct 31, 2012, 5:38:56 AM
first :P
----------

if you watch the Sarn-map, you can see:

The Vaal´s approaching from East
The Ebony Legion approaches from South
and the Karui-trolls approaching from West
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Oct 16, 2012, 10:35:03 AM
That looks amazing, thank you for all your hard work Chris!

I didn't know the game could look this good. So excited for December!

Last edited by Drakx on Oct 15, 2012, 4:21:36 PM
Can't wait to play Act 3, the description is really cool! But why is the screenshot only 640x360, did they resize it?
Awesome, so I guess they HAVE to have open beta out in December now :P Can't wait.
things are certainly moving along! :D hopefully that kotaku article brings in another few hundred beta testers
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I have been waiting for this!!!!! Sarn here we come!!!!
S L O W E R
The screenshot does look nice.. but was hoping for more info :/ or at least more screens.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Reading some of the comments really brought home for me how much times have changed for games. People who think being unable to "easily" respec is "archaic", have become the norm of society (of gamers) it seems to me.

Almost everything truly fulfilling has a barrier to entry, otherwise climbing the mountain so to speak accomplishes nothing on to which you can hang your hat.

Of course we do not want a mountain so daunting that only the best can climb it at all, but I havent seen a game besides Dark Souls that even tried to go that route.

I wish the article had more of a delineation between what PoE is going for, in my opinion, over a vast majority of games today and that is the 20-40+ hour window of gameplay. It seems to me most games today are geared to the first 10 hours you play the game, and deal with "end game" later or however they can.

I sometimes wish the slogan of PoE was "Complexity does not mean Complicated, Wraeclast wasn't built in a day, and neither will your Exile"
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
I must say those are some noobs responses on kotaku. I can't wait for december :)

Edit: Chris, when we can expect to hear more info. how to buy leagues and it's cost. Offcourse lets not forget paysafe option :P
Playing POE since 0.9.0
Last edited by Metalica24 on Oct 15, 2012, 4:46:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info