Cast on Crit

Attacks only why?
"
Kadajko wrote:
Attacks only why?


Ice Spear, Critical Weakness. Chain of Forever Ice Spears, because each ice spear crits, casting ice spear, which crits again, casting ice spear again, etc, etc.
IGN: Deleantheal, Shereeana
"
Sachiru wrote:
"
Kadajko wrote:
Attacks only why?


Ice Spear, Critical Weakness. Chain of Forever Ice Spears, because each ice spear crits, casting ice spear, which crits again, casting ice spear again, etc, etc.


As if the same can't be done with double/triple ice spear totems linked with faster casting.
"
Kadajko wrote:
"
Sachiru wrote:
"
Kadajko wrote:
Attacks only why?


Ice Spear, Critical Weakness. Chain of Forever Ice Spears, because each ice spear crits, casting ice spear, which crits again, casting ice spear again, etc, etc.


As if the same can't be done with double/triple ice spear totems linked with faster casting.


your point is?
"


your point is?


My point is that it's not a problem. This gem should be allowed for spells.
Ice Spear Base Crit Chance is 7%.

You can easily get 8%+ with daggers, claws, staves and scepters. With wands, you can reach 12-13% base crit chance.


So, what's so special about Ice Spear ?


Beside, Discharge (8%) and Ice Spear (7%) are the only spells with more than 6% base crit chance. Other spells are usually 4% or 5% except Freezing pulse (6%) and Fireball (6%).
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on October 7, 2013 3:12 PM
"


your point is?


No, what I mean is a chain of Forever Ice Spears from a SINGLE cast.

Crit Weakness --> Ice Spear --> Ice Spear Crits --> Crit casts Ice Spear --> Ice Spear Crits --> Crit Casts Ice Spear --> Ice Spear Crits --> Crit Casts Ice Spear --> ... --> Ice Spear that never ends as long as a target is available in the entire screen, all from a single cast.
IGN: Deleantheal, Shereeana
I highly doubt the triggered skill counts towards a trigger.

This type of circular calculation tends to be avoided.
"
Velkor wrote:
So, what's so special about Ice Spear?


It has 600% increased crit chance built into it.

So sure, even though the base crit chance is "only" 7%, it essentially starts at 49% crit without any power charges or crit on the skill tree.
"
Sachiru wrote:
"


your point is?


No, what I mean is a chain of Forever Ice Spears from a SINGLE cast.

Crit Weakness --> Ice Spear --> Ice Spear Crits --> Crit casts Ice Spear --> Ice Spear Crits --> Crit Casts Ice Spear --> Ice Spear Crits --> Crit Casts Ice Spear --> ... --> Ice Spear that never ends as long as a target is available in the entire screen, all from a single cast.


No it doesn't work like that.. There is no ''cast on crit from cast on crit'' support gem..
Don't go retard.

Second casts work like totems, it is not treated like the player cast it. It won't work with life leach, won't give you power charges on crits, won't reflect reflect dmg etc, etc.
Last edited by Kadajko on October 7, 2013 3:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info