Cast on Crit

Hmm, so anyone think it would be possible to run cast on crit linked to enduring cry and immortal call? Wonder how that would work, and what the cast order would be. I know I would love for my crit dagger shadow, to just instantly cast those two every time I crit. I feel like this would make me completely unkillable.
IGN DanteAllighari - Standard
ArcTesla - Domination
DanteAlighari - Domination
"
KaTet wrote:
Hmm, so anyone think it would be possible to run cast on crit linked to enduring cry and immortal call? Wonder how that would work, and what the cast order would be. I know I would love for my crit dagger shadow, to just instantly cast those two every time I crit. I feel like this would make me completely unkillable.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a % chance, like cast on melee kill is. Also we still don't know if an immortal call cast at the same time as an end cry will be powered by the charged gained from the end cry, so there's a lot of stuff up in the air atm.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
its looking like crit will be ridiculously overpowered.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
The example Chris showed in the gamespot interview indicated that cast on melee kill is linked to his melee attack. Unless that was a mistake (and the gem would not need to be linked to the main attack) then yes, it would be a pretty nice/OP thing.

If it does require being linked to the main attack, then all "cast on x" gems will never be able to work with spells. This is because all spells linked to the gem would not be manually castable, hence it is technically impossible to have a linked "cast on x" effect on spells aside from curses.

They could always change the mechanics of course.
To OP:

I personally think that it only works for attacks to give a buff for melee crit based builds.

The benefit for Ranged attack builds is comparably small because critting with bows is substentially harder than with - let's say - a dagger (correct me if i am wrong.)

And as someone else already wrote, i think that if it worked with spells, which already can crit really well from ranged distance, there would be no improvement to melee relatively to ranged.

Just my guess,

Peace.

Meerkatz13
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

"
Zealflare wrote:
The example Chris showed in the gamespot interview indicated that cast on melee kill is linked to his melee attack. Unless that was a mistake (and the gem would not need to be linked to the main attack) then yes, it would be a pretty nice/OP thing.

If it does require being linked to the main attack, then all "cast on x" gems will never be able to work with spells. This is because all spells linked to the gem would not be manually castable, hence it is technically impossible to have a linked "cast on x" effect on spells aside from curses.

Yeah i wanted to say this, but Zeal was faster - the gems specifically say that you can't cast any attached spells, so it can only work for attacks.

Another point is - if it would work with a spell it might become OP. The point of the triggers is that you have to build a hybrid char for them to be really usefull, but if it would work on spells spellcasters would get great damage for the initial skill and for the triggered skill as well (IMHO Chris specifically states in the cideo that the new skills and supports are meant to be most usefull for weird non-focused builds)...
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
Zealflare wrote:

This dude got it right. Now i see. Thanks for giving this perspective!
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

I think these come from requests on the forums. There was chaining things in xl I think and I have heard a number of times people asking for 'spell on hit' to let melee in on some of the power and diversity of spells. I believe some of the requests were fuelled by people feeling melee was at a disadvantage vs the casters and some just to let more cross fun happen.

the equiv for spells wouldnt be cast on crit for spells but something that allowed you to use melee attacks with your wand. Casters can already cast spells so its not really opening up as many avenues to have a spell trigger a spell, its just a balance nightmare.

Do we know if its only melee attacks or will bow attacks count? Chain split arrow with frost nova on crit could be crazy, or RoA, chain lightning arrow with arc on crit maybe with raw generic lightning damage nodes, would the arc also get the chain gem?

I feel like this is only going to be for people with ridiculous weapons. Kolp with his +400 top end dagger who doesnt need melee phys gems to clock massive dps can afford to give 2 sockets to nova on crit maybe but the rest of us I dont see it paying off in most cases.

It will be interesting to see how discharge on crit with a poc gem and blood rage would work out.
This'll also be interesting for any templar using a staff. Serpant stance, hammer blows, pure brutality? ;)
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Do we know if its only melee attacks or will bow attacks count? Chain split arrow with frost nova on crit could be crazy, or RoA, chain lightning arrow with arc on crit maybe with raw generic lightning damage nodes, would the arc also get the chain gem?

I feel like this is only going to be for people with ridiculous weapons. Kolp with his +400 top end dagger who doesnt need melee phys gems to clock massive dps can afford to give 2 sockets to nova on crit maybe but the rest of us I dont see it paying off in most cases

I'm pretty sure Cast on Crit works with both ranged and melee attacks, otherwise it would have been named Cast on Melee Crit.

Chained LA won't work very well with Ice Nova, because based on the video, the casting location/origin still comes from your character, so the off-screen chained LA would just make you cast ice nova around yourself. Cold Snap would work though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info