Cast on Crit

"
leighferon wrote:
cast on crit, power siphon, GMP, PCoC, ice spear. this is as simple as it gets. yet so effective its ridiculous.

Maybe PCoC would not be needed that much (apart from long fight with bosses).
Power Syphon + Faster Attack Speed + LMP/GMP + CoCrit + Ice Spear For me. (with optional 6L - Chain / Inc. Crit / WED as a luxury)

That +2% spell damage per power charge going to have some little love :P
1)How do you link this gem?

If i want to use for instance Cast on crit + Arc, do I have to link these two gems with an attacking gem like for example C.o.C. + Arc + Frenzy? Or can I just make my 5-6L frenzy and a separate 4l Arc + CoC etc. and then use frenzy as main attack and get arc going?

2)Does it have a cast time?

I mean, if I attack and crit, and trigger the cast, do I have a cast time to deal with wich makes me stop attacking for a (brief) period of time?

..if someone knows.. :)
from Italy
"
Ows wrote:
1)How do you link this gem?

If i want to use for instance Cast on crit + Arc, do I have to link these two gems with an attacking gem like for example C.o.C. + Arc + Frenzy?

Yes.

"
Ows wrote:
2)Does it have a cast time?

I mean, if I attack and crit, and trigger the cast, do I have a cast time to deal with wich makes me stop attacking for a (brief) period of time?

No.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Oct 9, 2013, 1:03:51 PM
The gem's made to enable attack-spell hybrids. It'd be OP as fuck otherwise. And how would you know, which spell you trigger, and which spell you trigger with. It's an awesome gem as it is, I'm currently making a build with it.
It says "cast on crit" does that only include spells?

You can´t link cast on crit + frenzy + lightning arrow and get a lightning arrow everytime frenzy crits?
IGN:Modrec
I don't think cast on crit can be worked with either fire trap or bear trap. I linked cast on crit with heavy strike and fire/bear trap, yet still able to lay the traps. While linking animate weapon (clearly a spell) diabled the usage of it. And can not be sure if some spells' built-in cool down timer will affect the trigger.
The gem says "You cannot cast supported spells directly". So, if you connected Cast on Crit gem to a spell you would not be able to cast the spell in the first place, hence it can only work with attacks.

The only way GGG can make this gem work with spells is to implement some kind of options dialogue on items so that you can specify which spells should be cast directly and which spell should be the trigger. This will probably not happen.
It's aimed to help/enable attack-spell hybrids, but i don't think its enough.

You need crit nodes obviously , then you need dex/accuracy nodes to be able to land hits, need int nodes to be able to use high lv spells.
Then you need some nodes that would both help your spells and attacks as scaling then separately is waste.
There are 3 common tags i belive:
AoE - but here you can only manipulate area size so not good thing to scale on.
Projectile - not many nodes here and far part
Elemental damage /or selected element - there are a few but realy far apart.

And yet you need some survival nodes.

Obviously good gear would make things easier but if your gear is good enough you don't need passives bonuses much.
This gem can be used to reach more area damage than guys with shavronnes had with RF before update, a lot more. This is because it will cast the spell on like 68% of the mobs you hit with critical strikes.

So what you do is, you attack with something with lightning damage, extremely high crit and that hits as many mobs as possible. Like: Spectral throw + gmp or e.g. power siphon +gmp+chain or LA+lmp+chain. Then you link a spell of your liking.

I am currently calculating on a Ethereal knives hybrid, where the ethereal knives on a 5l should do around 20k dps with chain and gmp. If every projectile chains 2 times, that is 60k per projectile dps. Also note that if the weapon has lightning damage, you will have shock stacks, that almost double your dps. Then my projectiles will do around 120k dps each. And I send 15 projectiles x).

The dps will though be useless on single targets, you will need packs of mobs.

I myself think that this is the most powerful gem the update 1.0.0 brought and should be able to compensate those with shavronnes wrappings (blood rage gives 50% inc. attack speed on low life) that lost rightous fire,with even more dps than before :D.

Almost forgot to mention that the mana the skill uses is close to none, so if you have phys mana leech on weapon, it should be enough to keep your mana flowing (with some flasks) without clarity :D

IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info