[1.2] Rathik's EK build +40k DPS/52.3%Crit/+375% Multiplier. Anti-Reflect. "The Immortal Shuriken"

Hi,

I played an EK witch in beta tried stacking castspeed and spelldmg but in lategame I hit a wall at about 8k DPS with my 5L (EK+FasterProj+addFire+Lifeleech+FasterCast) Chest.

Now after reading your build crit really seems to be the way you should play EK.
I always thought this isnt clever because of the slow cast speed (= bad variance) and being physical (= no ele-procs like shock stacks, burn and not enough cold dmg from hatred to freeze harder bosses long enough...

I started a new witch (lvl 56 atm) and I am quite happy with your build atm but for the lategame I think I maybe should change something:

I am planning to try this build:

1. I just started the game again after beta and dont have a 5L yet. I also cant imagine using EK without some proj. speed and life leech. So basically in a 4L I only have room for powercharge (= very bad dmg) and in a 5L I only can run powercharge and faster casting or added fire dmg. (= bad dmg)
So I tried to find a solution to save me 1 gem slot and I found 'Ballistic Mastery' and this amulet: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Karui_Ward

-> This combination basically gives me an effect similar to a lvl 11 non qual faster proj gem and saves me a whole slot for more dmg (or if you dont run LL atm a lot of defense) while still having a pretty nice range...

In comparison to your build I would loose:
- 14% Life
- 20% aura effectiveness
- 1% life reg
- 1% reduced mana reserved

and I would gain:
- 15% proj dmg
- 20% proj. speed
- 20 dex
- 10 strength

(maybe instead of the %life/aura effectiveness/lifereg I could get rid of these 15% crit nodes? 15% doesnt seem so good for 1 skillpoint when you consider the amount of crit chance on items or other nodes?)

So my questions are:

- Is this 1% lifereg really noticeable at about 4.5k Life? Lifeleech effect or even flasks seem to be so much more effective
- Does 20% reduced aura efect really mean a big drop of my armour?
- Better to drop these 15% crit nodes (and keep 16% aura effectiveness or lifereg+24%life?
- What do you think about this combo? Is the (potential) free slot worth the trouble? Could it be a temporary solution or could it even be endgame-proof?

Greetings, Az
Last edited by azraelb on Dec 4, 2013, 4:19:02 PM
1% life regen, with say 4.5-5+k hp, will allow sufficient regen to neglect chaos damage from chaos dmg mods in maps.

20% aura, well that will boost your armor bonus, hatred aura, mana regen from clarity, so the benefit is 3x.

14% life, more is better.

This build has enough dmg already, I don't think your trade offs are worth it.
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
If you pay close attention this build is generic.
You can use it for for any spell gem in game. But EK is pretty much superior from other spells because of the physical damage.
I always try to balance survival and DPS when I create builds.
If you want to go for more damage or something else, just go for it. It doesn't matter what I think. Taking 10 skill points from defensive skills and adding them to DPS skills wont change the build. It will still be the same, you are just trading survival for DPS.
Up to you.

The guide is just to guide you, nothing more.

If you want to figure out the values, just take you calculator and do math as I do :).
And I hate math, so I won't be doing that for ya :D.

EDIT.

Also FYI, before I made this build public, I created 4 more EK characters and this build was the most balanced of them all.
Also you can compare other EK guides, lots of them in scion forums, you will see that either they lack DPS or they lack survival.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Dec 4, 2013, 6:34:24 PM
"
biralo wrote:
1% life regen, with say 4.5-5+k hp, will allow sufficient regen to neglect chaos damage from chaos dmg mods in maps.

20% aura, well that will boost your armor bonus, hatred aura, mana regen from clarity, so the benefit is 3x.

14% life, more is better.

This build has enough dmg already, I don't think your trade offs are worth it.

+1
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
@azraelb
You waste 7 skill points to reach Ballistic Mastery O_o I don't think that worth it.
You waste 4 skill points to reach the three 6% life / 8% mana nodes near Scion start (so maybe would be better to start with Scion).
Last edited by FedeS on Dec 4, 2013, 9:10:16 PM
"
FedeS wrote:
@azraelb
You waste 7 skill points to reach Ballistic Mastery O_o I don't think that worth it.
You waste 4 skill points to reach the three 6% life / 8% mana nodes near Scion start (so maybe would be better to start with Scion).

+1
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
FedeS wrote:
@azraelb

Actually I only need 4 points because when I go down to Ballistic Mastery, I dont need the two 30 dex nodes and I dont really need the second 30 strength node neither

"
FedeS wrote:

Well these nodes are pretty powerful imho and I also got the 18% chaos res node on the way (forgot to mention that).
I calculated a lot of scion builds too, but in the end you only get a lot of mana while loosing a lot of crit...
Only nice thing with scion is that you just need 1 more point to get Conduit.

But you are not totally wrong... For getting Ballistic mastery while having the same defense like the original build I will drop these nodes

@Rathik:
Thx for your answer.
I also played two other EK chars till now and I calculate a lot, but this isnt only about mathematics - its about experience too and thats why I asked these questions.

I agree with your statment that this build already has enough dps and that I better should put my points in defense (lifereg, aura effectiveness and increased life).
But Ballistic Mastery imho just looks too good to ignore it with an EK build.

So I remade the tree, added lifereg and aura effectiveness again, took flask effectiveness nodes and only dropped offensive nodes (the small 15% crit nodes (45% in total) and the spell dmg/elemental spell dmg nodes aswell as one lifenode)

Now I loose:
- 9% increased dmg
- 20% increased spell elemental dmg
- 45% crit chance
- 8% life
- 20 strength

And I get:
- 30% Flask effectiveness
- 20% proj Speed
- 10 dex

I think I will go with the following variation of your build, wich will allow me to use powercharge on a 4L while still having Lifeleech,fasterCast, a proper range and the same defense as your build:

Last edited by azraelb on Dec 5, 2013, 10:04:07 AM
edit : ...
Last edited by Mouroult on Dec 8, 2013, 8:08:27 AM

I got this baby today!!!
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
"
Mouroult wrote:
HC variation ( 0 power charges, no PCOC gem ) :

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAnEEBwSzCGcOSBGWFE0Wbxa_Fy8ZhRo4GmwdFB8CJDwkqiaVJ6ko-ilPLJwtHy3SMZ41kjbFNuk62DrhQYdEq0WdSVFMs03YTeNQQlVLVa5VxlXWWm1d8mKsZOdmT2h0bRlwUnDVeqp-WX_GgKSBSYFvgh6Cx4hCiPGMNox2jmSPRo-mkFWUoJrgnaOdqp48ogCiLqKjplenCKdcp4SsWbI4tvq3PriTwFHB889l0NDWndgk2E3aYtrd2wvjauOE5CLnY-lz6-7sOPAf8h3yRfPq96b56PrS_Kv-Cv6P

Warning.

Very bad build. Do not follow.

Why would you drop critical chance? It won't help you one bit in HC.
You want to crit as often as possible but not with that high damage.
You basically cripple the build with out safe guarding your character from reflect.
Please remove that post, people might follow it with bad results.

Just drop Spell Power (Shadow side, 40% crit multiplier) and you won't have to worry about reflect. And only if you armour is not enough to survive one hit from reflect.

IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Dec 7, 2013, 10:07:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info