[1.2] Rathik's EK build +40k DPS/52.3%Crit/+375% Multiplier. Anti-Reflect. "The Immortal Shuriken"

Is the major problem not having all the str you do on your gear for IW? I could see that being a decent increase but im using a 5L atm with EK/added fire/faster cast/faster proj/power charge on crit. I doubt I'll ever get the str from gear you are getting on top of the other necessary stats...
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback
"
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
I am nowhere near the 20k tooltip OP is getting and I am at lvl 75 with just about the same in terms of offensive gear stats. Is 20% EK/Added fire giving that much damage or is there something I'm missing? I'm currently at 4k tooltip

I kinda need to see your gear, gems links and skill tree.

Is not as much as the quality of EK as its the gems level.

Assuming I have the same spell power as you do currently but 60% less crit from gear, as well as the same skill tree set up you do (minus 2 crit nodes I still need to lvl up to reach) will the jump from lvl 17 EK to 20 EK be that big of a difference? Also, how much difference does the 15% projectile dmg from 20% qual make? Is it worth getting in your opinion or is it only a few hundred dps? I'm in the domination league so its harder to come across leveled qual gems and gear.

It will add a lot of DPS. You are forgetting that added fire does damage based on how much physical damage you have.

So higher level EK means more damage from added fire damage also.

I remember when I went from a level 16 EK to a 20/20 it added about 3k DPS.

The projectile damage I cant be 100% how exactly it affects the damage.
If you want to test it, take one 8% projectile damage from the Shadow side and see how much that adds.

Also I got a lot of STR from gear plus a 10% fire damage ring.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Nov 5, 2013, 2:46:32 AM
Hello Rathik, whats more fun to use, matriarch or shuriken build?
"
Is the major problem not having all the str you do on your gear for IW? I could see that being a decent increase but im using a 5L atm with EK/added fire/faster cast/faster proj/power charge on crit. I doubt I'll ever get the str from gear you are getting on top of the other necessary stats...

5 STR = 1% spell damage

I got a total of 324 STR. That is 64.8 spell damage.

Half the maps I do I replace iron will with life leech and my DPS is about 19k.
Way more than enough.

Keep in mind that I am using a 6L armour.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Is this build Nemesis viable?
"
katjezz wrote:
Is this build Nemesis viable?

Yes, you ll probably keep life leech at all times and get a lower crit multiplier just in case.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
aguglisp wrote:
First off thanks a bunch for the build threads, I have a Matriarch and I'm now building a EK in Domination. I was wondering and I hope I didn't just miss it in the thread, but what do you use typically for flasks? In the screens I see a granite, chaos, quicksilver and two sanctified. I was wondering the affixes on them and why sanctified instead of hallowed. The longer duration of hallowed seems like it would be better for iron skin and similar buffs.

Thanks again for the builds and taking the time to answer questions.

This what am using atm.

Last edited by Oref on Nov 5, 2013, 2:37:53 PM
How many exalted do you estimate is needed to build this character to your level from scratch?
loving the char a lot tho im still far of the 20k damage :|

hard to get all the stuff upgraded to lvl 20 and 20% quality

"
Hello Rathik, whats more fun to use, matriarch or shuriken build?

The Matriarch has the thrill of finding items.
The Shuriken has the thrill to one shot monsters.

Take your pick.
IGN Riokar | My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info