[1.2] Rathik's EK build +40k DPS/52.3%Crit/+375% Multiplier. Anti-Reflect. "The Immortal Shuriken"

"
bluea wrote:
Hello again, I have a noob question aout EK:
IF EK does physical dmg, what is better property for a wand/dagger? physical dmg or spell dmg? or in the end is just the same output dmg?

thx a lot!

EK is a spell damage with physical damage.
Spell damage affects it and %+ physical damage mods (not on weapon or anything that says melee), like the one from rustic sash (belt) or Daresso's Courage shield.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Daresso%27s_Courage

Path of the Warrior node (below left at Scion start) will also affect it.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Nov 4, 2013, 3:52:21 PM
"
CyclopsSlayer wrote:
A +Spell Dmg Dagger would seem to be the best. Global Crit rate and damage bonus.

I need to confirm it, but according what another guide posted, +Phys Dmg on weapons doesn't apply to EK, unless they are just referring to Affix's and not to Mods on the weapon, I cannot see why not.

%+ physical damage on a weapon is basically weapon only.

%+ physical damage from other items, like rustic sash, the unique chaos ring, darusso's shield work with EK.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
CyclopsSlayer wrote:
A +Spell Dmg Dagger would seem to be the best. Global Crit rate and damage bonus.

I need to confirm it, but according what another guide posted, +Phys Dmg on weapons doesn't apply to EK, unless they are just referring to Affix's and not to Mods on the weapon, I cannot see why not.

%+ physical damage on a weapon is basically weapon only.

%+ physical damage from other items, like rustic sash, the unique chaos ring, darusso's shield work with EK.

Ah cool! Good to know.
That makes the Dagger I was using a lot less attractive. Copper Kris, +80% crit chance, +69% Phys Dmg. Would have thought +%Phys was +%Phys, now I see it isn't so, LOL.

Really need better Links, I have several of the gems, just no slots for them. :)
Only 1 'Cast when Damage Taken', but also using a 'Curse on Hit' I could pass down. Too poor to pay the 1.5 Exalted they seem to be asking for the 'Cast on Damages'
tips for early EK links? like pre level 60
"
Primejelly wrote:

I just focused on his 4L choices, EK, +Fire, +Power Charge on Crit, Faster Casting.
Not the best of gear and I am still at 255 DPS with EK at L36. Gravicus keeps eating my face, so gonna skip him until I get some better gear, or my slacker friend gets his char up and we duo him.
"
CyclopsSlayer wrote:
"
Primejelly wrote:

I just focused on his 4L choices, EK, +Fire, +Power Charge on Crit, Faster Casting.
Not the best of gear and I am still at 255 DPS with EK at L36. Gravicus keeps eating my face, so gonna skip him until I get some better gear, or my slacker friend gets his char up and we duo him.

Yeah i had to kite gravicius for ages. Got my 5l EK, +fire +Charge on chrit+ Leech + casting, with hatred and meh gear im at 435 dps on the tool tip. Still wondering about single targets. Seems to big problem for this build or maybe just early game.
I am nowhere near the 20k tooltip OP is getting and I am at lvl 75 with just about the same in terms of offensive gear stats. Is 20% EK/Added fire giving that much damage or is there something I'm missing? I'm currently at 4k tooltip
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback
"
CyclopsSlayer wrote:
"
Primejelly wrote:

Might be best to replace power charge on crit with something else if you can sustain the charges.
Increase critical strikes, faster projectiles, etc.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
I am nowhere near the 20k tooltip OP is getting and I am at lvl 75 with just about the same in terms of offensive gear stats. Is 20% EK/Added fire giving that much damage or is there something I'm missing? I'm currently at 4k tooltip

I kinda need to see your gear, gems links and skill tree.

Is not as much as the quality of EK as its the gems level.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"

I kinda need to see your gear, gems links and skill tree.

Is not as much as the quality of EK as its the gems level.

Assuming I have the same spell power as you do currently but 60% less crit from gear, as well as the same skill tree set up you do (minus 2 crit nodes I still need to lvl up to reach) will the jump from lvl 17 EK to 20 EK be that big of a difference? Also, how much difference does the 15% projectile dmg from 20% qual make? Is it worth getting in your opinion or is it only a few hundred dps? I'm in the domination league so its harder to come across leveled qual gems and gear.
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info