"
Asmoebeon wrote:
hybrid class, what does that mean? or exaple

The hybrid classes are:

Duelist (STR & DEX)
Templar (STR & INT)
Shadow (DEX & INT)
Last edited by Axebane on Oct 8, 2012, 8:34:04 PM
Somewhat surprised to see all those gem quality nerfs, but lightning strike, dual strike, and elemental hit left intact. Compare increased critical strikes' bonus to dual strike for example. Lightning strike's bonus is almost as good as the pierce support gem.

"
Asmoebeon wrote:
hybrid class, what does that mean? or exaple

Hybrid defences means armour that requires more than one attribute to equip. So STR/INT armour, DEX/STR armour, etc.
"
Chris wrote:
Let the river of tears flow

Best quote from a game designer EVER
I can't wait for this patch to hit. Seriously. I'm going to go start a char early just for the heck of it. Then when patch hits, I might know if I still want to do that char.
Not sure about how I feel about the gem quality changes, some feel like pretty large leaps down. The damage effectiveness changes look like they'll be pretty interesting; though they do make Cleave a shade weaker again, and it's a nerf to Split Arrow, Sweep, Whirling blades and Dual Strike, I'm pretty sure (not certain) that it's a buff to Leap Slam, Power Siphon, possibly Glacial Hammer and very obviously Heavy Strike. Flicker Strike got nerfed then buffed by that too, I think, so it's not that worse.

I'm a massive supporter of more option to invest in hybrid defences. Love that so much. Really want to see the new tree.

Chris (or any other developer who knows), when do you think Arc will be done? I wanna new skill :3
"
Malice wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
  • Increased Critical Strike Chance (Support): From 0.5% critical strike chance per quality point to 1%.
  • Critical Strike Multiplier (Support): From 1% critical strike multiplier per quality point to 2%.

I think these amounts should be reversed. 2% multiplier is worth more than 1% chance.
Not necessarily. A critical hit can do more than just dish out additional damage.
Don't care that much, but I really don't see why some of the quality nerfs was necessary? They went from being mediocre bonuses to straight out neglectable in some cases.

Now most gems have really unexiting quality bonuses.
Any chance that the specifics could be released about the changes to starting/middle of shadow tree?
looks like gcp has been devalued imo, also astounded crit builds got such a huge buff. Unhappy with most of the quality on gem nerfs. Very happy with passive tree changes, especially for shadow!!!! Been needed for some time.

The heavy strike buff seems like a moment of madness, cant think why this was needed, was the ultimate boss killer as it was.
Will the website's passive skill tree calculator be updated along with the patch? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info